Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
on September 6, 2016
This is in my top three favorite Blu-Ray concerts. I run a 7.1 setup through a Marantz receiver. Dolby TrueHD really shines as the audio is some of the best I've ever owned. There are dozens of high definition camera angles that are shot very artistically. You will not regret this purchase. From Sting to Steven Tyler this Blu-ray has something for everyone. This is one of the few Blu-ray concerts that I own that play perfect right from the start. I don't have to adjust the bass levels or the individual speaker levels for the best mix. It is that well put together. I recommend Sting Live in Berlin as another top notch production.
on December 3, 2016
Picture and sound quality is great, not to mention the performance.

A big letdown is video and audio are way out of sync!! I had to delay audio on my receiver to max at 100ms for it to be enjoyable to watch. This out-of-sync problem never happens to all other program sources, at least not so bad that I have to adjust audio delay on my receiver, so I know for a fact it's the Blu-ray disk that's the culprit.
on May 9, 2016
This is an amazing concert! My wife and I purchased this Blu-ray for ourselves several years ago and have enjoyed it time and time again. The audio is spectacular and the video is perfect...it feels like you are in the concert hall yourself. We had the privilege of seeing Chris Botti and a smaller jazz band in Jacksonville, Florida in February of 2016, and the music and his personality are as genuine on this Blu-ray as they are live. We enjoyed the live concert so much that we decided to purchase this Blu-ray again, and give it to our friend for her upcoming birthday. They enjoy live music as much as we do, and we know they are going to love this introduction to Chris Botti and his many talents.
on November 27, 2009
Wow! I saw part of this Blu-Ray in a Best Buy here in MN and was immediately impressed. I wanted to buy it then and there but, alas, they were out of it as were all of the other Best Buy stores in the Twin Cities. (Why have it on as a demo in your store when you don't have any to sell?) So I ordered this from Amazon and am still totally impressed.

Technically, the Dolby TrueHD 7.1/5.1 sound track is enveloping, crisp, and impeccably mixed. (I only have 5.1 so cannot comment on the 7.1 mix.) The smooth sound of Chris' trumpet is perfectly captured not being harsh nor dark. Chris has amazing tone and it's beautifully represented on this disk. The picture is stunning without presenting annoying hues that many live concert videos do. Thank the lighting crew for that. The blacks are dark yet detailed, and the colors vibrant. Detail overall is excellent.

Performances? You will see some musicians in circumstances that you have never seen them before. Yo Yo Ma jamming with Chris on the beautiful "Cinema Paradiso", and Steven Tyler (Yes, that one!) singing "Smile" (Yes, that one!) to his father in the front row. Both are simply astonishing performances. And violinist Lucia Micarelli with blow you away with her passionate, and emotional playing.

To tell you the truth, I had not even heard of Chris Botti before I saw this disk. I am not just a fan raving about this Blu-Ray, but a person that was totally captured initially and continue to love this performance. It does lag a bit in the 2nd quarter of the show, but picks up again with some spectacular songs with great guest artists. (John Mayer, Kathrine McPhee anyone?)

Chris plays a humble yet very competent host and I think that even if you are not a fan of this type of music, you'll be hard pressed to stop watching this disk.
on December 11, 2013
This is one "kick Ass" concert, its the one DVD I put on when I want to show-off my system or just remind myself. I can't tell you how many times I've listened and watch this DVD - it just gets better every time. The production of this was masterfully done. The sound quality shakes the walls, and the clarity is glass shattering. I thought that an earlier DVD was good, but this one is exceptional. The concert was a top performance of Botti at his best - the first piercing sounds at the opening of the concert to the shouts and screams at the end of the concert. Of course, the lineup was superb with my favorites being "Sting" and John Mayer, but everyone else was also awesome, giving the best performance each time. Of the musical performers - well you know the Drummer is off the chart as usual, but the Bass player is also unbelieveable especially on the Miles Davis tune - I really liked the way the producers made the performance a black/white background indicative of a memory, but their current interpretation of this hip miles tune is timeless (Kinda blue). The beautiful lady on the violin played her song so beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes as she just pours all of her heart and soul into this selection. I could go on and on, but It would do it justice - just get this DVD, and it promises to be one of your best concerts in your collection.
on June 24, 2015
Oh. I recently sprung for a 105d, having been convinced by the reviews that the sound stage was every bit as good as the vid. Finally started getting a few blu-ray concerts. Based again on the reviews Botti's blu-ray Boston concert was rather well done. Put it on when I got it & honestly treated it as background for a few tracks, thought "okay, not bad" and put it up. I'm a bit of a trumpet nut having wished I could have blown mine even close to good. Tonight several months later I'm paying total attention and must admit I'm awed. Chris has done a stunning piece and was gracious to bring an incredible range of stunning artists to the party, playing a wonderful range of genres to the stage. AND, the recording, as the vid, is superb.
on December 11, 2011
Using only one word this BRDVD is "Magnificent"

There are but a handful of living artist that if ever you get a chance to see you should at any cost and this is one. Several of the others are on this very same disc.

There are just a few moments in life where something happens that is larger than life itself. It is even rarer when you can see or hear these things happen. Sometime we get lucky and put them in a format that we can enjoy forever. This is one of those times and this is one of those recordings. This recording is proof of a higher power and that something else other than man exists.

Now that you have the blue ray disc player and several hundred dollars' worth of speakers, this is the performance your system has been waiting for. I'm not saying you should listen to this, but that you need to listen to this. Even if you don't have an overpriced system I have no doubt that the passion of these artist will infuse your heart, body, and soul.

Get this BRDVD, and then get the CD for the car, and when he comes to town get TICKETS!
on December 9, 2011
Consider this: Tickets to this performance were probably not inexpensive: $100-200 would be my guess.

This Blu Ray disk gives you the best possible seat in the house and the DolbyHD sound is so amazing and mixed so well you really feel like you are there. With that in mind the cost of admission for this best seat in the house for me and a group of my friends is a grand total of less than $25, and I can watch it again and again.

To say this Blu Ray is the deal of the century is an understatement. The video is amazing. The sound is superbly done. The performance of Botti and all his guest are amazing. Someone complained that all the talk between songs destroyed the flow of the film. But I found Botti to be an articulate speaker who gave vital information to preface each song and add meaning to what was coming next. Each little speech was short and to the point.

While it would have been nice to be there live and experience this show with others as it happened, I am so thankful for the state of technology where watching this show on a TV can be as amazing as it is. I cannot recommend this Blu Ray enough. Ten Stars Please!
on June 27, 2015
This is one of my favorite concerts on dvd/bluray. It's one of the few concerts where there's a good chance that you will like every number even being diverse as they are. I'm talking Stephen Tyler and Yo Yo Ma and everything in between. All and i mean all the guest performances were excellent. My favorites were Lucia Micarelli who played violin with such passion, Yo Yo Ma who is always superb, and Katherine McPhee who I've never seen looking better. The audio is superb and the video on bluray is clear. This is a reference quality disc you would use to show off your system.
on August 12, 2013
This is one of the best Blu-ray concerts in my collection. The song selection, guest singers, music and sound quality are simply outstanding. It is tough to pick a best performance, but the duet with Chris and Lucia stole my heart. The duet with Chris and Yo-Yo Ma make the Blu-ray worth buying if only to capture this special moment of these two modern day marvels in your personal library. I could have listened to them play for hours.

I listened to the concert in Dolby True HD with a 5.1 setup, and the sound was AMAZING! First rate audiophile-grade production and entertainment. If you are even thinking of buying this Blu-ray, just do it. You will be so glad you did. 5/5 stars.