Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 361-370 of 389 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 811 reviews
on November 2, 2006
This is not her usual style of book. It is well written and the narritive seems real. It is a must read for Anne Rice fans
on January 26, 2013
I was disappointed that Rice's take on Master jesus was so traditional, I was hoping that she would have him married to Mary Magdalene. Also I wish she had gone into more detail about his meditations in the desert. It would have been a perfect time to bring up his kabbalist training. But despite that, it was a good read, as always with Anne Rice.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2011
The book itself is wonderful but there were several blank pages scattered throughout the first few chapters so I had to try to figure out what should have been written on those pages.
on November 10, 2005
I've followed and read Anne Rice's books with delight for ten years and particularly enjoyed her vampire series. I just finished Christ the Lord--Out of Egypt this morning, and in my opinion it contains her strongest, clearest, and best writing yet. The story never drags, which I had been unable to say about parts of her later vampire books, and I can't count the number of times tears came to my eyes as I read on, rapt. She made the story of Christ's early years, something that up until now had always been shrouded in vagueness for me, come now alive, and she does a remarkable job of showing us through her narrative how we might imagine a human being who was also much more than a human being might relate to the world, himself, and his particular situation. Her references to both the old and new testaments and her allusions in the book are powerful and relevant and seem to reflect an extraordinary depth and quality of research on her part. It feels true and, frankly, inspired.

Selfishly, I very eagerly await sequels!

M. Stewart

New Mexico
on November 22, 2014
Again I did not find worth the time or money. I have read all of Rice"s books but never again. I keep buying because I keep hoping for a good read like her earlier books but I can't see the "greatness" in this book! I did not see anything uplifting and I read hundreds of books in all generas. Anne Rice does not cut it any more!
on December 22, 2012
quite boring.. so many names & places that mean nothing to me.. i am @ 60% on my kindle.. waiting for something ..
on May 13, 2007
Ms. Rice has done her homework, and together with her poetic license and creative style does an excellent job of bring to life, and filling in the gaps of the Greatest Story ever told. Both I and my wife enjoyed this book tremendously and in a wonderful way helped us to meditate on the most important person in our lives. We are anxiously waiting for the next book in the series.
on April 28, 2008
More a short story than a novel. Character development interesting but would have liked more - more scope, more depth.
on July 9, 2015
Just not Anne's best work...I found it boring, and just proves from an author's view what I always thought about Christianity.....overrated and overhyped.
on March 15, 2006
Although I am not done with this book I must say that Anne Rice is a brilliant writer and so well researched.