- Paperback: 308 pages
- Publisher: Biblical Studies Press (January 16, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0737501464
- ISBN-13: 978-0737501469
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,057,482 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Christian Fasting: A Theological Approach
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top Customer Reviews
It is not the usual kind of study on fasting read in many other books on the subject. It is very indepth and covers many areas of its development and practice. The author contends fasting has been "overlooked as a topic of thorough theological study in the modern era." Although I ahve read many books on fasting, I agree with his assessment and Berghuis' book clearly fills the gap.
Along with "Fasting" by Scot McKnight (who wrote the forward to Berghuis' "Christian Fasting"), this book is great benefit for those particularly interested in confirming fasting as a valid and important Christian practice for today.