Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 21-30 of 127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on December 18, 2012
I vaguely remember watching a short movie adaptation of this as a young boy. I only "discovered" the book a few years ago. It's now my favorite Christmas story. I must say however, one of the big negatives is that I must be allergic to the book because my eyes get watery every time I read it. Buy it for yourself and then buy it as a gift to give. The message reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.
on December 11, 2013
I bought this lovely book for my grandchildren for Christmas and can't wait to read it to/with them. It is a lovely old-fashioned Christmas story, taking place on a farm, a family of hard-working people, thankful for what they have, their faith, and their love for each other. It is also beautifully illustrated.
on January 23, 2013
I have always loved this classic Christmas story of the little boy that wakes up early to do his father's chores on Christmas Eve. This book has beautiful pictures that really bring it home for little kids. I could see the spirit of the book touch my little five year old boy's heart as we read it. I love how great literature and art can bring out those emotions, even in the very young.
on December 12, 2014
A beautiful story about the true meaning of x-mas.
on June 26, 2017
As good a story as I remember from childhood.
on June 20, 2017
great gift for newest grandchild
on September 3, 2016
I grew up on a dairy farm in Western Pennsylvania in the 50's. This story was really reminiscent of my life experience; and very well told.
on February 8, 2014
Touching. Lovely. Special. Heart warming. Written and given form the heart in the true and lasting spirit of Christmas, the way it is meant to be. The story beautifully illustrates how amazing it is to realize that it is truly better to give than to receive. MEC .
on January 10, 2017
Beautiful illustrations and a message that conveys a non-material way to give a loved one a Christmas gift.
on January 2, 2016
Beautiful story wonderfully illustrated by Pearl Buck - one of the most renown authors - how can you do better than that? One of our most-cherished Christmas reads.