Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 3, 2014
After hearing TSO's Christmas/Sarajevo 12/24 for the umpteenth time on the radio I decided to get "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" - the CD that includes this song. I did not know who TSO was prior to this. I thought the CD would just be hard rock-based Christmas carols. But after hearing this CD's samples in Amazon, I checked out the samples from the other two albums as well; "The Lost Christmas Eve" and "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve". I was hooked and I decided to get all 3 CDs and "The Christmas Attic" DVD. This entire 3 CD set is a truly great artistic endeavor. I listened to the music as I read the story and poetry that comes in the fairly thick jackets in each of the CDs. The three storylines and the poems in the CD jackets by themselves are great writing that tells the stories of God and one of His angels working in the lives of various people who had taken a wrong turn in their lives and felt they were doomed to stay in their resulting conditions. When you couple that with the fantastic musical talent in the rock-opera style music it becomes a unique holiday experience that really brings one back to the real meaning of Christmas - the celebration of Christ's birth - whose life, death, burial, and resurrection brings redemptive forgiveness to a wrong-prone, sin-riddled world.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on April 4, 2017
One of my favorite DVD's and certainly one of my seven year old grandson's favorite. We keep it in the car, even though Christmas has long passed. The previous comments about the vocals didn't bother us, you can always skip them. You're not going to find a better Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD anywhere else as I looked for weeks because my grandson loved the music from our local Christmas tree at the mall.
on December 3, 2016
I love this CD! It is always part of my Christmas music. The driving rhythms and story told mark it as originating from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I love how they incorporate parts of traditional Christmas songs into their original works.

From the opening of An Angel Came Down you know you are not listening to a "traditional" Christmas CD. The music demands to be heard. Even "traditional" songs are made new; just listen to O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night to understand what I mean. A Mad Russian's Christmas brought a smile to my face.

I think of the original songs, my favorites are A Star to Follow, The Silent Nutcracker (lovely acoustic guitar work!), Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24, Good King Joy, Old City Bar, and This Christmas Day. However, there isn't a bad track on this whole CD.

I'm not all that fond of rock music, but the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's music is an exception. Try this CD and see if you like the group. If you do, then go get the rest of the CDs!
on December 28, 2012
Here was my original review:

"I was under the impression that the TSO was more of an instrumental-based orchestra, but most of the songs on this album have vocals(that are a bit over the top for my tastes)."

I have listened to this album many times over since then and have truly come to appreciate how beautifully orchestrated this album is. The songs have a wide range from melodic and gentle--to hard hitting with electric guitars. The singers, instead of making the songs, beautifully support the instrumentals of the songs. Each of the songs are capable of standing alone as instrumental versions, but the singers add an extra level of depth. I really love this album and feel bad for not paying closer attention before I reviewed it the first time. I will definitely by the other TSO albums!
on July 22, 2017
This CD is Sooo excellent that I have had it since my father made me listen to it way back when it first came out and I bought it on spot. I used to wait til Thanksgiving to start playing it but I love it so much I play it year round now. My granddaughter was born in November and those songs are the only things that make her stop crying when I can't get her stop. Anyway, ordered an extra just in case.... I won't be with out this beautiful music!!!
on April 21, 2017
It only has 3 songs I like on it. I had wanted to view the selections on each DC but was unable to obtain that information. The DC is brand new and came prior to the promised date.
on February 20, 2017
The item came unopened in NEW condition still in its original cellophane wrap. We bought it as a gift for Christmas so we can only surmise that it played OK. No feedback from the recipient to the contrary.
on December 18, 2013
I purchased this album because it has the Trans Siberian Orchestra version of Carol of the Bells, which is called "Christmas/ Sarajevo 12/24". I do very much so enjoy that song. There were several others I enjoy, primarily for the Instrumentals. I do not care for the male lead singers style, and therefore do not enjoy the vocal songs as much. There are a couple that implement what sounds like a children's choir, and those I enjoy very much (primarily "Promises to Keep". So, to my tastes there are some songs that are 5 star, and some that are maybe 3, but overall I enjoy the album and it is a lot of Christmas music for the $7.99 I paid for the digital version. I just looked at it today and I see if you purchase the CD version for $7.00 you get the Digital version free, and that I think is FANTASTIC! 12/18/2013
2 helpful votes
on May 7, 2017
I listen to this when it's NOT Christmas because of the awesome music! Good variety of song choices and styles.
on November 6, 2016
I have trying to get this CD but it always sold out and now I have it! It is just lovely and the singing is heavenly! I am one happy person.