- File Size: 1776 KB
- Print Length: 64 pages
- Publisher: Carina; 1 edition (November 12, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 12, 2013
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GBZ3YD8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #82,589 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Price set by seller.
Christmas At The Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, Book 1) (The Gingerbread Cafe) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an uplifting and joyful read from a truly talented author.
I fell in love with this novella straight away. The vivid descriptions instantly made the story come alive. I liked the main characters very much. They've all been given a lot of character. Their personalities feel real because of both their charms and flaws, which makes them sympathetic. The food talk was amazing, I could almost taste the gingerbread and the pies. This story is so cute and sweet, it's the perfect book for dreaming away about holidays and romance.
Rebecca Raisin's books are like old friends, good food and cuddles in front of the fire, all wrapped up in cute as pie romance. I first met the folk of Ashford in The Bookshop on the Corner, the novella in which I discovered my ultimate book soul-sister in the heroine Sarah.
I didn't relate to Lily as much as I did Sarah, but only because I can't bake. Putting aside my failure as a domestic goddess, Lily is as lovable as all of Rebecca Raisin's characters. It was really fun to reconnect with my old Ashford friends, and to get to know Lily a little better. She's a sweetie. A bit of a lost lamb, still struggling to put her life together after her marriage fell apart. The kind of heroine I want to give a huge hug (before asking if I can have some of the cake she's baking). But she's fiery too, and not willing to let her business, or her pear cheesecake, suffer at the hands of a new comer, no matter how sexy he might be.
Damon is so cheeky. Up to no good, but with the best intentions.... mostly. He's that naughty boy, who's also terribly sexy, with a charming smile letting him get away with anything. I loved his little game with Lily as they fought over customers and flirted with each other.
This is a short and sweet, small town romance - the sex is closed-door, but there is definite chemistry between Lily and Damon. It's also got Rebecca Raisin's fabulous sense of humor, often courtesy of Lily's friend CeeCee, who is probably my favorite character in the book.
Christmas at the Gingerbread Café is Book One in the Gingerbread Café series, though it can be read as a standalone, and has a HFN ending, that made me all ooey gooey happy like the insides of a cream bun... or a jam doughnut....
My only regret in reading this book is that I didn't have appropriate sustenance on hand to get me through. Like all the best cake lit, Christmas at the Gingerbread Café should be read with cake at hand! As it was, I gorged myself on a family sized block of chocolate, while fantasizing about cakes, tarts, and, of course, gingerbread.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Holidays
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Holidays
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy