Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Christmas In New York
Format: DVD|Change

A wonderful look at a city I have not seen since I moved from Westport, Connecticut to Tucson, Arizona, back in January 1972. Since Westport is only about 42 miles from the city, my sister and I went with our parents several times in December and remember looking at the moving displays in certain store windows. There was a year we went to Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockettes and I am sure we at least watched the skaters outside. I have no memory of taking a carriage ride through Central Park but we did see the Bronx Zoo. So many sights to see and plenty of Christmas music to listen to. My only disappointment is it is all instrumental but the disc still brings all the sights and sounds of New York City to my living room.
on October 9, 2015
It's in the 80's here today so I'm not about to get all excited about watching a Christmas video just yet. From what I've seen it's a good enough production and has some interesting scenes. A little too commercial but other than that not bad.I grew up in and around NYC but haven't been back in 52 years so a lot has changed and a lot has remained. NYC is a wonderful place and I have fond memories as a child there as well as a young adult. It's very hard to go back to a city or town and see it as you did years ago. I guess I was looking more for a time than a place.
I would recommend this to anyone who loves NYC around the winter holidays no matter what age you are. There is enough variety in this video to satisfy most people.
on December 14, 2011
We've spent Christmas in NYC for the past few years, but sadly this year can't make it. I just received this video the other day & I love it. The way it's filmed isn't overly professional (but not overly armature either). It has the feel of of being filmed by someone that's just REALLY good with a camera. It makes you feel like you're THERE & not just watching a video from the Visitor & Convention Bureau. You view the many sights from a first-person angle which adds to the "like being there" feeling.

There really is nothing like Christmas in New York--its FANTASTIC! If you've never been & wondered what it's like, this is the PERFECT DVD for you. Also a nice gift for the homesick NY-er in your life. Again, if you want a video that REALLY makes you FEEL like you're in the city, then stop reading reviews & order this NOW!!!

Oh, one quick side note - this video is not a guide to the city; you won't learn where to go & how to get there. This is a "visual only" DVD, so don't get it thinking you'll learn your way around the city in preparation for a trip.
on February 6, 2017
I love to have videos with music playing at Christmas-time and this is one of my go-tos. Great scenes of snow in NYC, with lots of Christmas decor. The only bad thing about it is it makes me want to get on a plane and go there!
on August 21, 2014
This is the second time I have purchased this DVD so you can tell it is a favorite. The first one was watched so frequently, and were it not for a mishap which killed it being viewable, it would continue to be watched. I had to get this again and was so glad to see it was still available. Would highly recommend it for Christmas viewing or as a background to your celebration.
on August 23, 2014
Nice clips of scenes with snow/without snow of city/residential, and inside and outside stores and hotels. Showed everything I remember Christmas that I don't find here anymore. Love the old looking tree ornaments--wish I could find some like those. The Christmas music were wonderfully arranged so I did not have to silence the tape and put on one of my Christmas discs! :)
on June 2, 2017
nothing like Christmas in NY
on January 13, 2017
Fun to see New York decorated for the holidays! I would have enjoyed it even more if the locations were identified somehow.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 29, 2015
If you love Christmas and New York, you'll love this dvd! I enjoy watching it every December! It gets me into the holiday spirit.Very enjoyable!
on December 27, 2013
We missed going to New York this Christmas season. This DVD mad up for it! Reminded us of how beautiful it is. The music was lovely. Thanks for "filling the gap" in our Christmas Season Memories. We won't miss it next year. New York, here we come!