Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Christmas Interpretations
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 1, 2003
I HAVE 2 COPIES OF THIS CD. I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF IT. THE SONGS ARE SO HEARTFELT.....I LOVE IT. ESPECIALLY. "WHY CHRISTMAS". ITS AWESOME. ITS GREAT TO HEAR ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS INTERPRETATIONS BY ARTIST INSTEAD OF THE SAME OL'''JOLLY CHRISTMAS CAROLS. DON'T GET WE WRONG I LOVE CHRISTMAS CAROLS...ITS JUST THAT NOT EVERYONE IS HAPPY ON CHRISTMAS ITS GOOD TO HAVE GLOOMY SONGS 2.....LOL
on November 12, 2003
This is a great effort from the Boyz, I especially enjoyed their a capella version of Silent Night. Let it snow has become a new Christmas classic, this cd showcased the boyz' amazing singing and writing talent as well as their love of family and the holidays. And this cd should not be considered just for the holidays, it is catchy enough to gain regular rotation with your other cds. I only wished that the cd was longer.
on December 10, 2000
This is not the cd to get if you are looking for interpretations of the classic well known Christmas songs. The only one you will get here is 'Silent Night'. The others are new songs all written by the group with help from Brian McKnight. Each song is well done with the Boyz wonderful vocal harmonies. But to me, it took a bit of listening to, before it was able to get me in the Christmas spirit, but that was only because I was not familiar with them. I have had this album now for about 5 years, and it is always played around the Christmas season, except for Christmas Day. That day is reserved for the classic Christmas songs and carols. But for any other day this is a great uplifting album to hear.
on November 10, 2003
This is the best Christmas album I have ever heard. I bought this album on tape back when it first came out and I still listen to it every Christmas. My tape is starting to wear down so I need to pick up the cd very soon. Their soulful harmony is guaranteed to get anyone into the Christmas spirit. I have often found myself listening to this album whenever I needed a pick-me-up. This cd is one that every Boyz II men fan should get and anyone that loves Christmas songs will not be disappointed either.
on November 30, 2015
Looking for my own Christmas sound, once I'd grown up and moved out on my own, I wanted something different from the now classics I grew up listening to as we decorated our tree and home as a child (Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, etc.), and when I found this GEM from artists I knew and loved, could not resist! 'Interpretations' gives you the same FEELING of Christmas, with a deep, soulful twist. I have purchased this CD at least 7 times since it first came out: have gifted it to friends and family because they kept "borrowing" mine; have bought a new one to replace whenever lost (move); and, one time, stolen from my car! My daughter came to me when she moved out on her own so she could "borrow" my Christmas Interpretations CD to play in HER house while decorating for the holidays I bought her her very own copy, which SHE now replaces every time hers' get's misplaced or "borrowed". Now, my grandchildren are growing up asking us to play their favorite tracks, and sing along with Boyz II Men's Christmas Interpretations. This music has become a part of our tradition and will live on forever in our family. Thank you: Shawn, Wanya, Mike, and Nate!
on December 17, 2013
This classic original Christmas album has sparked many other artists to give a little something different in the music repertoire for Christmas originals. This album really has never been match for new original Christmas inspired songs. With the used of only one cover "Silent night" and breaking into a new version of let it snow. This album is a must have for music lovers and really can put a person in the mood for the season.
on December 4, 2000
I have been enjoying this CD since I purchased it. I do agree with one person who noted that this is an interpretative CD and not a traditional one. That being said, the arrangements and lyrics are in the classical Boys II Men style. I have watched this group's sound mature into a cross between easy listening, R&B and a sprinkling of jazz. Christmas Interpretations is a good effort of intermarrying these genres with some traditional interpretations (Silent Night) and some that are more progressive (Let It Snow). If you are a Boys II Men fan, then you can't pass up this CD.
on February 21, 2014
Boyz II Men Christmas Interpretations has become sort of a modern day classic. I'd put it right up there with the Temptations' Silent Night, the Whispers' Christmas Song, Donny Hathaway's This Christmas, and Christmas Rapping, by Curtis Blow. Or is it Kurtis Blow?
on September 19, 2011
Purchased this after accidentally stepping on my other one. I LOVE LOVE BoysIIMen and I've loved this CD since the first time I heard "Let it Snow". I play this all year around. AWESOME CD!!!! Defintely a must have!
on December 3, 2012
I found out about this album after listening to their song " Let It Snow " and immediately fell in love. I am a Boyz II Men fan and I am not disappointed at all. The songs in this album are not the typical Christmas songs except Silent Night because even Let It Snow has its own spin to it. This is great if you are looking for something different for the holidays. Not all the songs will be about Christmas cheer (ex: Cold December Nights) but it's still so beautiful to listen to and romantic in many ways and the tunes still give a holiday feel to it.