Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 149 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 212 reviews
on March 12, 2017
A nice old fashioned Christmas Story that is very family friendly . Good wholesome values are being taught here along with a little Christmas magic without all the commercialization . This will be added to the must watch holiday movies at Christmas!!
on March 9, 2013
This foreign-produced film is overdubbed in English but it doesn't take away from the story. It's a beautiful story about how Santa Clause came to be. The focus of the story is the humanity and loss in one individual's life that drove him to love and kindness despite the somewhat unfair challenges he experiences. The plot of the movie starts with the boy who lost his family one winter and subsequently came under the protection of the nearby villagers and finally under the care of a loner who was a carpenter. Through the boy's experiences with the villagers and his caretaker (the carpenter) he becomes the individual we know as Santa Claus. The additional material on the DVD describes the difficulty in making this movie in the elements to give it realism and is definitely worth watching as well. If you're looking for a good family-oriented flick to get you in the Christmas Spirit, then I highly recommend this one with a big bowl of popcorn.
on January 28, 2017
this took me watching it twice..but I like the story! my husband and kids thought it was a neat interpretation
on January 12, 2014
After 73 years of reading and hearing stories about where Santa Cluas comes from and how he delivers all those toys all over the world, in a sleigh with 8, then 9 reindeer, this one is a refreshing change. There are real people in a real depiction of how and where an orphan child, Christopher Kringle, overcame the tragedy of his parents death, and spends his childhood living among a new family, each year, until he finally becomes a workshop assistant for a crabby old woodworker, who ultimately softens towards Christopher and makes a gift of his workshop to his lovable apprentice. Christopher's generousity, coupled with his new resources, allows Chris to fulfill his liflong dream of giving gifts to children. The scenic beauty of the stark winter environment is stunning. Our grandchildren love this movie; and so do their parents.
on January 23, 2017
Wow! How is this movie still so unknown? The explanation of Santa Claus figure is just wonderful, and so fitting with its time and culture. the voice actors are so good that I quickly became oblivious to the fact that it's dubbed, which I usually strongly dislike and can't get past. And, filmed in Lapland, the cinematography is absolutely beautiful. It will be a yearly beloved tradition for me!
on December 28, 2016
This independent foreign film is quite deceiving upon first watch given its' simplistic beginnings and unknowing cast but let me assure you- you won't think of Christmas ever the same after you've absorbed the rich scenery and humble real ness of each character brilliantly brought to life. This movie has become our family "must see" movie of the holiday season!
on May 31, 2013
We caught this film incidentally last year. I have been looking to buy it ever since on BluRay. I was trying to get it directly from Finland, but was not having much luck. I was very happy to find a copy offered here in the US.
This version doesn't have all of the languages of the Finnish version... Swedish, Norwegian, Dannish. That is kind of a bummer for me since my wife speaks Swedish and my kids and I are learning Swedish. It would have been nice to have another movie to listen to in Swedish. Perhaps I can download just the swedish sound-track and make another version for playing on our Apple TV.

Anyhow, the movie is very charming although tinged with sadness. I think it has a lot more grist of life than the typical holiday movie, but I like that. The kids were fascinated and the film started lots of conversations for days.
on March 13, 2017
Best St. Nick movie ever! So happy to find this on DVD. Watched it several years ago on Netflix and haven't seen it since.
on May 5, 2013
I had no idea what this movie was all about until I sat down and started to watch. Before long I was really into it. I can't say that I've ever seen another Christmas movie like this one! It's an absolutely magical story and if you like 'different' kinds of heart warming movies at Christmastime, get this one. It's really one of a kind. I won't say much about the story because I can't describe it well enough in this length of time. I'm so glad I added this to my Christmas DVDs. I'm going to be watching this throughout the year. It's for adults and children.
on January 17, 2017
After the movie got about 3/4 of the way through it locked uptried to re-run and it still no workee. I put in another DVD in my player and it worked flawlessly so it's not the DVD player. Never got to see the whole movie. if anybody see this send a replacement as I dont feel like spending time & money to return it.