Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,326 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,503 reviews
on October 23, 2014
Such a well produced album!

Admittedly, I have terrible hearing. I have 20% hearing loss and mild tone deafness. I never understood music as an art form until I began collecting vinyl this year. Since I began this new journey, I've come across quite a few gems (and some absolute turds). This album is one of those gems. I only keep "audiophile" records that allow me to enjoy music in a way that digital cannot and, while I have heard this album a dozen times at Christmas, it was an entirely new experience on vinyl that I will be adding to my collection.

The music: Michael Bublé has a fantastic voice and it fills my heart to hear it so well reproduced on vinyl. The soundstage has all the warmth and depth of a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter morning. The jazzy instrumentation combined with his mild but soulful voice make for a great Christmas showcase album. Every track has been well mastered to avoid any high note clipping and the bass is thumpy but not overpowering. Everything in between is golden and smooth. The surface noise is non-existant with the exception of the lead-in wax. No pops, no crackle, no static... just sweet Christmas carols.

The album: Pressed on high quality 180g vinyl (mine happened to be red; there is a green variant) and sheathed in a plastic anti-static/anti-scratch sleeve, I am very impressed with the quality of this pressing. The ONLY negative about the presentation is that this should have been a gatefold cover. There is just the slightest pressure getting the album out and I fear it will grade as time marches on. My record is one of the flattest LP's that I own and the deadwax is glossy smooth.

I'm confident that if you like Bublé's work/voice, or a simply looking for a wonderful Christmas album to play, this will bring you much merriment.

NOTE: If you disagree with my review, or don't find it useful, please leave a comment! I always respond. Let's have an adult conversation.
review image
on August 31, 2013
Michael Bublé has truly done a fantastic job on this album. As someone who has spent every Christmas listening to the classics from artists like Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and the like, I was thrilled to listen to this music. I was immediately taken on a trip through Nostalgialand upon hearing it - Bublé is an honor and tribute to artists who have come before while still maintaining his own unique style. It is nice to know that the music from Christmas past is still going strong today with Bublé. If the Christmas classics appeal to you, then I would definitely recommend this album. Buy it used from a reputable seller and save yourself a few dollars and continue to enjoy the Christmas season with Michael Bublé. Blessings!
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2011
Michael Bublé's first Christmas album perfectly titled "Christmas" is a collection of holiday favorites that may touch the hearts of Bublé fans and holiday music listeners. The album contains a set of songs that range from the most recent contemporary to the most memorable past. Like most Christmas albums, any collection would not have that holiday sound without the quintessential favorites, "Jingle Bells," "White Christmas," and "Silent Night." But what differs from versions of the past to Bublé's renderings? He adds a bit of today's standard rhythm with duets and vocal accompaniments by Shania Twain and the Puppini Sisters.

All of the songs on the record have a quality that shows Bublé's distinct vocal traits. Several of the highlights of the album include the entertaining version of "Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad" that Bublé sings with Thalia, "Holly Jolly Christmas," and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." For listeners accustomed to Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You," Bublé also does a rendition of the song, however, a slightly slower tempo version that may have listeners preferring the former. And after listening to the entire album, there may be more favorites that listeners may find to their interest.

As note, Bublé released a six song EP several years ago called "Let It Snow" that contained the title track as a live and studio version along with three of the songs that he reprises on "Christmas." If listeners are looking for an additional set of songs by Bublé, I highly recommend the EP. His version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and "White Christmas" have a much more jazz and tender quality to each of these standard Christmas melodies that exceptionally spotlight his vocals.
on August 22, 2017
I'm a HUGE Michael Buble fan, so please let me explain the 1 star rating. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the audio CD. It plays perfectly & the songs are great. However, this copy says that it is the CD + DVD version, and at the back of the case says "DVD: The Making of Christmas". This DVD was nowhere to be found in the copy I received. I did get in touch with the merchant, and he informed me that the DVD is on the same disc. That was simply not true, as I have run the disc on 3 DVD players & 2 computers and there were no video files to be found; every single file was an audio track. I've bought just about every Michael Buble album that comes with a DVD, and in each case the DVD has been on a separate disc. I genuinely don't believe the merchant intended to mislead me, and they have graciously given me a refund. But the point I'm trying to make is, that if you intend to purchase this album that comes with a DVD, the first thing to find out is the number of discs that it comes with. If it says 1, then it most probably doesn't have the DVD feature.
VINE VOICEon December 5, 2011
I am a long-time Michael Michael Bublé fan, and really looked forward to this album when I first heard about it. I really enjoyed his earlier 6-track Christmas album, "Let it Snow", and was expecting more of the same here. "Christmas" definitely comes in as a set of classic Christmas songs, sung in the unique voice that is Michael Bublé. Some of the tracks offer a bit of uniqueness to them, "Santa Baby" being the greatest example, with a masculine wish-list (not my favorite song on the album though). However, most of the songs are fairly traditional, and none offer the big band feel you get in other albums of this genre. That said, the album does grow and grow on the listener...who is bound to enjoy it. I know I do, and will keep it on my playlist through the Christmas season. Highly recommended!
on February 16, 2015
I never heard Buble' sing before but I was collecting Christmas Albums on sale after Xmas. I was pleasantly Surprised with Buble's performance. His style is very Sinatra 1950's easy listening + this Xmas album is accompanied with Big Band Orchestra and background singers that almost sound like the Andrew Sisters. I am so delighted I tried this Buble' CD, it is a really relaxing easy listening collection and I thoroughly enjoyed this as it sounded like radio broadcasts of yesteryear of all the songs Sinatra, Dean Martin + Sammy Davis sung, rated 5 Stars!
on December 28, 2013
While I've enjoyed listening to Michael Buble occasionally on radio or TV, this is the first of his albums I've ever bought. I like the way he sings Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (they actually sing it as a duet on TV specials). I like all the songs on this album. If you are not familiar with Michael Buble, he's sings in what I'd call a "soft jazz" style. I like his voice and singing better than Frank Sinatra. You can listen to a few lines of each song on Amazon and you can google "listen to Michael Buble songs for free" and find sites where you can listen to entire songs. Buble has a voice and style for all ages.
on January 13, 2014
I have been looking for this album EVERYWHERE all season. I finally got my hands on the last copy at a local record store and they took it back from me at the checkout counter because, "Sorry, this item was not supposed to be out on the floor. " It is a couple weeeks after Christmas, but I'm so happy I finally have my own copy! This seller was great- the CD arrived brand new and way before the expected date, which was surprising considering it came from another country and the weather has been pretty awful the past couple weeks. I will definitely consider using this seller again in the future. Thanks!
on December 5, 2014
This vinyl was a big disappointment. Upon receiving it, the first track skipped numerous times. I ordered a new needle just in case that was the problem. Unfortunately it wasn't. This record is made very poorly. I exchanged the record 2 times (for a total of 3 records overall) and each one skipped horribly. The last one was so bad that it made the needle jump off the record. However, at least Amazon was great at getting the replacements out quickly and then refunding when none of them worked.
on November 3, 2014
I received this vinyl album today in green. Lovely! I inspected it and all looked good, so I played both sides and no issues with my system. Unfortunately, some have experienced skipping and such, but it played without issue on my turntable which is a new turntable (U-Turn Audio Orbit). I'd be curious to see what those having issues played this on, but it seems no one shared that info. This is a nice 180 gram (at least) pressing.

I've owned and loved the album since it came out originally, and LOVE the sound of it on vinyl. Definitely has something the digital version does not sound wise! Before play, I gave it a spin with my anti-static carbon fiber brush and it sounded clean all the way through.

This is more of a "everything was good with my vinyl" review. Sorry that some did have issues, but I'd recommend this anyway on vinyl as it would add to any Christmas collection.