Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2014
 Video: The train under my tree with the smoke, sounds and lights on (circle shape track).

This was my first train set so I just wanted something under $50, that will stay on its tracks and add some fun to the Christmas tree. This set surpassed my expectations. As someone already mentioned you can create a circle (50 in X 50 in) or oval (50 in x 70 in) shape with the train tracks. As long as your tracks click into place when you attach them and you line up the wheels of the train correctly, you shouldn't have any derailment issues. For those concerned about the smoke, there's a separate switch so you can have it on or off. Note, the smoke smell is not lovely but my husband liked it. He said it reminded him of his childhood train set. There's also a separate switch for the sounds and lights. If you choose you can have the train go around with no sound or smoke. Finally, the train comes with three empty carts that you can fill with whatever you want. My carts are currently filled with a miscellaneous Christmas items. Overall, excellent first train set I have no complaints.
216 helpful votes
217 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
on March 24, 2016
We LOVE this train! Wonderful price! Perfect for beginners. It works best on hard, flat floors, such as wood or tile, rather than carpet, where it tends to derail... The rails need to be connected carefully, but we had no problems with it on the hard floor. It works great, the sounds are awesome.
The smoke does stink, and I think it is unnecessary, but it does have a switch to easily turn it off. I would definitely buy this again.
60 helpful votes
61 helpful votes
on January 11, 2016
If you're looking for a great addition to your Christmas tree, you've found it. The smoke IS real and the sound is great. You get a great size and shape with the track for around a 6-12 foot tree. Pretty nice quality and the only issue we ever had with this was it was easy to derail.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 13, 2017
 I read several negative reviews before purchasing the train and was hesitant on purchasing but decided to go ahead and purchase. It was a very good investment for $33.00 and I'm glad I bought it. I love the train the only negative thing is the connectors between the caboose and cars are flimsy. It doesn't snap together you just connect by putting the peg into the open slot. They should have put the on/off button on the outside of the train so it would be easier to turn off. The sounds of the train is wonderful and loud.
review image
2 helpful votes
on December 3, 2016
 I decided to purchase this after reading a few reviews and how they said it was easy to assemble and that it worked great. This is our first train set and we didn't want to get anything too expensive incase we did not like it. I read a few reviews that states if you assembles your tracks correctly and have them snap that you should not have an issue with it derailing, that is inaccurate information. The wheels are so flimsy that the front train is constantly moving off and I have to put place it back in track. We have our around our tree, in which I had to move around the skirt and the out I placed it around our christmas tree which has a skirt and i had to fix the skirt to place the tracks. If you have a big tree bottom decor, like with skirt and village and stuff, this won't work..not big enough. The smell of the smoke, its like something is burning, not very pleasant. Now while writing my review I decided to read some more and it turns our that I am missing a rounded track and that is probably why my train keeps on derailing. I will message the seller/amazon now.
on January 14, 2017
I just wanted a train for around the Christmas Tree and I should note I got the really good Black Friday Deal. I read a lot of reviews where people were disappointed and I bought this as a starter train for my 3 yr old, so I was concerned I would have to start over.

But I have to say this train was just what I wanted. Wasn't looking for a high quality train. Just one I could let my son play with without worrying if he happened to break something. That is exactly what I got. The train takes a little finesse to get all the cars lined up on the track right but my son can do it himself. I still haven't had to replace the batteries and my son loves to keep the train with horns and light on for 15-20 minutes at a time. He is not a fan of the silent mode unfortunately.

Still a good train that we can eventually upgrade from once my son is old enough.
on November 26, 2016
I got it on Black Friday sale for around $23; because of that, I am satisfied. If I had paid any more than that, I would have been disappointed. Train does not pull all three cargo cars, it can only pull two without derailing. Cheaply made, plastic is easily breakable. Lights and sounds are great, track fits perfectly around tree.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on January 7, 2016
Loved it it's just as described makes noise, lets out smoke very good price.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on April 28, 2017
I bought this for my 6 year old and we mainly use it under the Christmas tree. The set up is very easy, the tracks snap easily together. The train is awesome and you get what you pay for. Putting the train on the track is a task and needs sometimes patience. I would not recommend this for small children to play with and would suggest it as a decoration/seasonal toy under the tree or during Christmas time. Spend 10 bucks more and buy something that is easier to handle for childrens' hands and more durable.
on September 24, 2017
The little hook on the main car broke when I tried to connect it the first time after taking it out the box. But my son was so anxious to play with it that I taped it instead of returning it. The train kept derailing. which caused lots of frustration for my 3 year old and eventually me. He eventually started playing with it off the tracks; but the smoke stack and the light on the top are now broken. I think next time I will buy him an electric train.