Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2014
 Video: The train under my tree with the smoke, sounds and lights on (circle shape track).

This was my first train set so I just wanted something under $50, that will stay on its tracks and add some fun to the Christmas tree. This set surpassed my expectations. As someone already mentioned you can create a circle (50 in X 50 in) or oval (50 in x 70 in) shape with the train tracks. As long as your tracks click into place when you attach them and you line up the wheels of the train correctly, you shouldn't have any derailment issues. For those concerned about the smoke, there's a separate switch so you can have it on or off. Note, the smoke smell is not lovely but my husband liked it. He said it reminded him of his childhood train set. There's also a separate switch for the sounds and lights. If you choose you can have the train go around with no sound or smoke. Finally, the train comes with three empty carts that you can fill with whatever you want. My carts are currently filled with a miscellaneous Christmas items. Overall, excellent first train set I have no complaints.
55 comments| 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 24, 2016
We LOVE this train! Wonderful price! Perfect for beginners. It works best on hard, flat floors, such as wood or tile, rather than carpet, where it tends to derail... The rails need to be connected carefully, but we had no problems with it on the hard floor. It works great, the sounds are awesome.
The smoke does stink, and I think it is unnecessary, but it does have a switch to easily turn it off. I would definitely buy this again.
0Comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2015
Product is not substantial enough for use as a child's toy. Also, if you plan to move this train from one location in your house to another, this is not the train for you. Each time I gently removed the tracks, a piece fell off. Also, on the first time around the track,the piece that connects the engine to the other cars broke off rendering it completely useless for pulling any of the cargo cars in the future. It's a cutesy looking train, but the parts are definitely cheaply made. I would not recommend this product at all.
on February 24, 2017
But unfortunately the set I sent to my five year old grandson for his December birthday was missing one of the curved pieces. I immediately called the company and left a message with an automated system and followed up with two emails to the company but never got a reply. The train set is really cute and exactly what my grandson desired but without that piece of the track it just doesn't work correctly.
on December 28, 2016
Keeping the train on the track is a struggle. If you try to turn it on, it falls off the track, if you try to turn it off, it falls off the track. But once it gets going it is a very cute train. We set it up go to under the tree for Christmas. Would have liked the volume to be adjustable too. It has a nice sound but after about 5 minutes it is a little louder to keep it going while company is around.
on September 18, 2017
Very difficult for adults to get cars on the track..certainly more difficult for children
on January 26, 2015
The train has several electrical defects. Apparently card settings selection is defective . the first day, could select the option lights and sounds , then all activated at the same time.
then notes that raises the consumption of the battery . At that unfortunate reality that you add , that smoke is the result of rising temperatures possibly some metal plate and the need to add fuel (mineral oil). This may increase risk levels for children. It is also necessary to mention that the battery consumption is enormous. unbearable. That raises the cost of the device to more than 100 % of its original value. The purchase really not worth it .
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2017
My grandson got it for christmas and he really likes it. The next step is a HO set.
on March 2, 2017
It's hard to get the trains to stay on the tracks. Maybe meant for older kids.
on December 2, 2016
The headlight of the train does not glow, the wheels get stuck often even when you pull it out of the tracks. I would not recommend this product personally unless your kid really likes it. My 2 year old loves it so I had get it exchanged instead of returning it. I am waiting for the replacement. If it comes out good, I will keep it.

I will be here after 2 weeks if the product holds up.