Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 952 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,290 reviews
on December 1, 2014
 Video: The train under my tree with the smoke, sounds and lights on (circle shape track).

This was my first train set so I just wanted something under $50, that will stay on its tracks and add some fun to the Christmas tree. This set surpassed my expectations. As someone already mentioned you can create a circle (50 in X 50 in) or oval (50 in x 70 in) shape with the train tracks. As long as your tracks click into place when you attach them and you line up the wheels of the train correctly, you shouldn't have any derailment issues. For those concerned about the smoke, there's a separate switch so you can have it on or off. Note, the smoke smell is not lovely but my husband liked it. He said it reminded him of his childhood train set. There's also a separate switch for the sounds and lights. If you choose you can have the train go around with no sound or smoke. Finally, the train comes with three empty carts that you can fill with whatever you want. My carts are currently filled with a miscellaneous Christmas items. Overall, excellent first train set I have no complaints.
55 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2016
We LOVE this train! Wonderful price! Perfect for beginners. It works best on hard, flat floors, such as wood or tile, rather than carpet, where it tends to derail... The rails need to be connected carefully, but we had no problems with it on the hard floor. It works great, the sounds are awesome.
The smoke does stink, and I think it is unnecessary, but it does have a switch to easily turn it off. I would definitely buy this again.
on February 18, 2016
We loved it!
on April 17, 2016
We have a 8' tall Christmas tree that is pretty standard in terms of width. The train tracks fits perfectly around the tree. The tracks were easy to attach and have a few extra pieces to allow you to somewhat customize the track. The train is made of light metal and plastic. The colors are vibrant and beautiful. The train makes train sounds and also blows steam as advertised. You will need to purchase some mineral oil to use the steam feature. My one year old son loves this! He was amazed!!
on November 27, 2016
The train did not start at first. After checking the batteries, I adjusted the springs touching the batteries. By gently moving the springs I was able to get them to touch the center of the batteries and then the train worked.
I got this on a super deal on black Friday and for that price, it was totally worth it. The train is plastic, but it looks very nice. I had no problems with keeping it on track. The sound and lights are great. Note that you need smoke oil to make the smoke. I have not done that yet.
This is not a premium quality train, but it is definitely nice.
on December 20, 2015
Easy to assemble and looks great running round the Christmas tree, with two small modifications. First off for those worried about the sound and smoke other reviewers have complained about, there is an on off switch for each. You can run the train without sound and or without smoke without having to take it apart. The train will derail if the tracks aren't on a level surface. I'm running it on a table top over a table cloth. That works great. Press down on each track connection to hear it snap into place and you will be good to go. The cars want to come unhitched. I put a 1 inch piece of electrical tape over the engine's hitch (any tape should work). I put a finishing nail through the hitch connection for the other cars (it just slides through the hole and makes the connection longer, no puncturing needed). That one piece of tape and two finishing nails are all that it takes and the cars stay attached. It runs like a dream and adds that extra bit of magic to the Christmas tree. Don't hesitate to buy this train. I've never played with a model train before, I'm not particularly mechanical, and I had no problems setting up and running this train set. I filled the cars with candy and I'm so happy with my purchase! It's so cute!
on December 4, 2016
Save your money, this product is awful! My kids were so excited to get this, and the train doesn't even move like it should. It keeps stopping around the track. Very cheap, and not well made. Extremely disappointed.
on December 26, 2016
It's really a nice looking train. Despite being only $21 during a Thanksgiving Day price drop. I didn't expect die cast quality but was surprised at the quality (it is all plastic) and size. It IS loud, but you can turn the sound and light off and operate the smoke separately. The smoke does smell weird, but I only turned it on for a minute or two. I did have trouble getting the cars to remain on the track, but the engine stays on just fine. All in all, I'm glad I purchased it - makes a great addition to our tree.
on December 1, 2016
Bought this on 10/19/16 as a surprise for my kids when we put up our Christmas tree. Set it up 11/25 and it doesn't work. Can't return it (30 day return window) and MOTA apparently doesn't own a phone. They require you to submit support tickets on their website. A week later and I've received zero response. Don't buy this brand!
on December 14, 2016
My boyfriend had a train when he was younger and adored it. He told me recently how much he wanted one again, even though he felt silly admitting it, he said he felt there was something magical about it under the Christmas tree. I looked up reviews about this train set and saw nothing but wonderful words about it. Santa brought it to his doorstep early this year to reward his holiday spirit and he turned into a kid again. He was so happy and it brought me so much joy to see him put it together and bring it to life. This is a wonderful train with a big track and sound and lights (and even smoke if you like:)) that works like a charm. I have one very happy boyfriend this Christmas. Thanks for the magic!