Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2014
 Video: The train under my tree with the smoke, sounds and lights on (circle shape track).

This was my first train set so I just wanted something under $50, that will stay on its tracks and add some fun to the Christmas tree. This set surpassed my expectations. As someone already mentioned you can create a circle (50 in X 50 in) or oval (50 in x 70 in) shape with the train tracks. As long as your tracks click into place when you attach them and you line up the wheels of the train correctly, you shouldn't have any derailment issues. For those concerned about the smoke, there's a separate switch so you can have it on or off. Note, the smoke smell is not lovely but my husband liked it. He said it reminded him of his childhood train set. There's also a separate switch for the sounds and lights. If you choose you can have the train go around with no sound or smoke. Finally, the train comes with three empty carts that you can fill with whatever you want. My carts are currently filled with a miscellaneous Christmas items. Overall, excellent first train set I have no complaints.
55 comments| 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 24, 2016
We LOVE this train! Wonderful price! Perfect for beginners. It works best on hard, flat floors, such as wood or tile, rather than carpet, where it tends to derail... The rails need to be connected carefully, but we had no problems with it on the hard floor. It works great, the sounds are awesome.
The smoke does stink, and I think it is unnecessary, but it does have a switch to easily turn it off. I would definitely buy this again.
0Comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 15, 2017
I purchased last year at the $70 price. This year took out of the box and tried to use and doesnt work. The wheels jam up. New batteries. Submitted a support ticket. Took them a week to reply with “try this” common sense stuff that doesnt fix their bad item. Meanwhile, no train, christmas around the corner, and sad 5 year old boy. No thanks
on February 24, 2017
But unfortunately the set I sent to my five year old grandson for his December birthday was missing one of the curved pieces. I immediately called the company and left a message with an automated system and followed up with two emails to the company but never got a reply. The train set is really cute and exactly what my grandson desired but without that piece of the track it just doesn't work correctly.
on September 18, 2017
Very difficult for adults to get cars on the track..certainly more difficult for children
on January 26, 2015
The train has several electrical defects. Apparently card settings selection is defective . the first day, could select the option lights and sounds , then all activated at the same time.
then notes that raises the consumption of the battery . At that unfortunate reality that you add , that smoke is the result of rising temperatures possibly some metal plate and the need to add fuel (mineral oil). This may increase risk levels for children. It is also necessary to mention that the battery consumption is enormous. unbearable. That raises the cost of the device to more than 100 % of its original value. The purchase really not worth it .
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2017
My grandson got it for christmas and he really likes it. The next step is a HO set.
on December 2, 2016
The headlight of the train does not glow, the wheels get stuck often even when you pull it out of the tracks. I would not recommend this product personally unless your kid really likes it. My 2 year old loves it so I had get it exchanged instead of returning it. I am waiting for the replacement. If it comes out good, I will keep it.

I will be here after 2 weeks if the product holds up.
on February 28, 2017
The 4 year old grandson loves this & has had many hours fun playing with this toy
on February 20, 2016
The first set I bought did not work. The train would not stay on the tracks no matter what I did. So I exchanged it for another train set, and the second one works nicely. If your train is falling off the track, I recommend exchanging it for a new one.