Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2014
 Video: The train under my tree with the smoke, sounds and lights on (circle shape track).

This was my first train set so I just wanted something under $50, that will stay on its tracks and add some fun to the Christmas tree. This set surpassed my expectations. As someone already mentioned you can create a circle (50 in X 50 in) or oval (50 in x 70 in) shape with the train tracks. As long as your tracks click into place when you attach them and you line up the wheels of the train correctly, you shouldn't have any derailment issues. For those concerned about the smoke, there's a separate switch so you can have it on or off. Note, the smoke smell is not lovely but my husband liked it. He said it reminded him of his childhood train set. There's also a separate switch for the sounds and lights. If you choose you can have the train go around with no sound or smoke. Finally, the train comes with three empty carts that you can fill with whatever you want. My carts are currently filled with a miscellaneous Christmas items. Overall, excellent first train set I have no complaints.
55 comments| 268 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 24, 2016
We LOVE this train! Wonderful price! Perfect for beginners. It works best on hard, flat floors, such as wood or tile, rather than carpet, where it tends to derail... The rails need to be connected carefully, but we had no problems with it on the hard floor. It works great, the sounds are awesome.
The smoke does stink, and I think it is unnecessary, but it does have a switch to easily turn it off. I would definitely buy this again.
0Comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2015
Works great! The smoke option is a bit smelly but you can just turn that off if it bothers you. The sound option is very exciting for my 2 year old but to loud for me. I can't change the volume on the sound however you can turn off the sound option which is nice. I wish I could turn down the sound because my son loves it but I can't stand how loud it is. I have had this running around our Christmas tree every day since we got it and I have only had to change the batteries once so far. It is made pretty well and has handled my toddler getting his hands on it a few times without any problems.
on March 4, 2017
Cute train and it looked great under our tree this year. It took a little messing around to get the smoke to work, but it did.
on December 3, 2016
Build quality feels cheap and the sound that comes from the train sounds pretty bad. The smoke that comes out of the train smells awful. I would reccomend looking elsewhere. For $50, I wasn't expecting much but I was definitely not expecting this.
on July 27, 2017
Nostalgia got me to buy this for under the xmas tree. Works fine for that. Battery powered only.
on December 4, 2017
My train arrived today and I was super excited to give it to my son in law for his birthday. We opened the engine and the smoke stack was broken off entirely. Then we went to put the batteries in and the spring that holds the batteries in fell off. Disappointed is an understatement. The cars and engine are very pretty. I just wish it worked.
review image
on December 9, 2016
Awesome for the price. My 3 yr old grandson loves it. Smoke came out pretty good at first but just slightly now but its all good. Good product. Tracks are easy to put together. The train is a little touchy to begin placement on the tracks. Has shut off for the music if you don't want to listen to it. Uses 4 double A batteries and this seems to last a really long charge. I love it as it circles my xmas tree.
on January 7, 2017
Purchased for my nephew, he loved it. However it's purely plastic, parts are not that durable, I can see overtime it has the potential to break. If your in for train set that's durable and long lasting, I would look somewhere else. But if you want an affordable train set it's not bad.
on December 31, 2015
Product is not substantial enough for use as a child's toy. Also, if you plan to move this train from one location in your house to another, this is not the train for you. Each time I gently removed the tracks, a piece fell off. Also, on the first time around the track,the piece that connects the engine to the other cars broke off rendering it completely useless for pulling any of the cargo cars in the future. It's a cutesy looking train, but the parts are definitely cheaply made. I would not recommend this product at all.