Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on December 19, 2016
Read carefully if you have read the previous reviews posted on this album. The 2016 Real Gone Music release of this classic album is the DEFINITIVE VERSION. It contains the original 10 songs from the 1958 album and the 3 from the 1971 Hallmark version, PLUS 8 Bonus Tracks all gloriously remastered! There is also a nice 16 page booklet with history, credits, and lyrics.
on February 4, 2012
This is my favorite Christmas album of all time, period. Finally, someone has released a new cd version of "Christmas Sing-Along With Mitch" that includes ALL of the songs from the original record album. For some reason, dating back in the 1980s or so, Columbia eliminated the final three songs from their cassette and cd releases. This new version includes all three missing songs: "Coventry Carol," "Away In A Manger," and "O Little Town Of Bethlehem."
One thing, though -- I notice that the three restored songs were recorded from a record. (I guess that the original master recordings were damaged or lost years ago) But I don't mind hearing some quiet needle pops -- that's a small price to pay to be able to listen to the entire album again. It's especially great to hear these songs while you're trimming the Christmas tree. Christmas Sing Along With Mitch
on September 24, 2010
For those of you who are looking, this is the first CD of Mitch Miller's Christmas Sing-Along that contains all thirteen songs from the original 1958 album. That is what attracted me to this import CD from Hallmark Recordings (not to be in any way confused with the Hallmark Greeting Card company.) I also have the Columbia release (CK 38298) that as far as I know is the only other release of the original album on CD. The Columbia recording only has ten of the original 13 songs on it. However, be aware that the sound quality on this Hallmark release is hideous. I read somewhere that it sounded like needle drops. I can tell you that there is all kinds of noise in this recording making it a brutal experience to listen to it. If it was recorded using a needle drop, it came from a terrible piece of vinyl. If you absolutely must have the extra three songs, at least treat yourself to the Columbia release as well so that you don't have to suffer through this one. Click on this link for the much better CD Christmas Sing Along With Mitch The extra three songs on this CD are "The Coventry Carol" "Away in a Manger" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem." Since the great Mitch Miller has passed away this year, it would be nice if someone released a remastered version of this album on CD with all thirteen original songs. For those of you who care about the quality of your recordings that you buy, this is NOT the CD for you. If you are going to burn it to an iPod and listen to it on the runway of your local airport while the jets are taking off and landing, it probably won't sound too bad. My advise is to stay away from this one.
on March 4, 2014
I was happy to have purchased this Christmas CD by Mitch.Miller. I bought it basically for "Joy To The World", the OPENING song w/ the pretty BELL intro. All the other carols & hymns are great, too. However, I was disappointed that "The Coventry Carol", "Away In A Manger" & "O Little Town Of Bethlehem" were NOT on this CD.. I thank God that I STILL have the original VINYL album in my holiday collection.

This Christmas album will always be recommended & I've always loved this album a lot.
on May 14, 2015
I listened to this album as a teenager and when the record wore out I was disappointed. Imagine my surprise when I found it on CD at an incredible price. Christmas in my teens is back again and I can sing right along with Mitch.
on January 7, 2013
Christmas sentiment abounds in this Holiday classic. Mitch Miller was a staple in millions of living rooms via the black and white tube in the late '50s and early '60s. Everyone loved to sing along with Mitch as he and his able choir entertained "The Greatest Generation" (and their boomer kids) with endless sentimental musical memories. If you like Christmas "oldies" (before "Rock Around the Christmas Tree"), this one is for you.
on December 17, 2007
I highly recommend this album. One reviewer complained about the simplicity of the arrangements -- but that's what the album was for. Our LP had several tear-out lyric sheets, and the chorus dutifully sings all the verses in the same key throughout the song, so you could have a roomful of people sing along without having to go through key changes or such.

This is THE album that my parents played while I was growing up. (In fact, for many years these were the only Christmas songs I knew!) My biggest disappointment with the CD is that two hymns -- "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and "The Coventry Carol" -- were omitted. Why, why, why? The LP versions of these are very moving, and I lament that someone would leave them out.
on December 23, 2016
great Christmas music
on December 27, 2011
I got the other Mitch Miller Christmas CD last year, the one where he wears a Santa cap. That had mostly men singing on the selections. This CD sounds so much different from that one with the women, but in a good way. Tastefully done arrangements and you can definitely understand the lyrics to "sing along" with Mitch's gang. Mostly religious songs, but a nice version of Deck the Halls. Unlike the other Mitch Miller CD, this one doesn't have the lyrics for singing along, but that's a minor quibble. This CD will liven up any holiday party or gathering.
on December 12, 2016