Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Christmas Treasures
Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 25, 2006
Mehdi's composing style in Christmas Treasures I is truely mind soothing album featuring flute, guitar and piano interleaved with striking hand percussion which is one of the mehdi's techniques. My favorite tracks are "God rest ye merry gentleman", "The First Noel" and "O come all ye faithful". I listened to this album through my PC sound card (Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic) after ripping it into lossless APE Monkey's Audio format and using Sennheiser HD595 headphones for truely live experience. This album is way better than Christmas Treasures II in soothing the mind.

I'm waiting for the real music of mehdi next release of instrumentals (probably Vol.8) of DVD-Audio version for absolutely live soul transportation experience.
3 people found this helpful
on November 25, 2014
Great instrumental music for Christmas
on December 1, 2005
I am very disappointed with this CD. To me, it sounds as though someone playing with a keyboard went through and picked out the background music which is very repetative, then added the actual Christmas songs. Very Disappointing!!! If you want something really good, stick with TSO or Gary Hoey.
4 people found this helpful
on December 3, 2004
I BOUGHT THIS CD ON RECOMENDATION BY AMAZON. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I EVER BOUGHT IN THE PAST THAT WOULD INDICATE THAT I HAVE NO TASTE IN MUSIC, BUT THAT'S WHAT WOULD BE REQUIRED TO ENJOY THIS. I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC FROM ROCK TO CLASSICAL; THIS FALLS INTO NOTHING MUSICAL.
2 people found this helpful
on November 8, 2006
I came across this album by chance. It is a fun collection of upbeat tracks of classic holiday tunes. Not a lot of heavy enstrumentation, but a good album for background music during the holidays.
5 people found this helpful
on November 12, 2000
Mehdi's original works have been nothing short of spectacular. His talent for breathtaking melodies and uplifting arrangements have been loved by true lovers of the art. Here he gives us his personalised renditions of some of the best christmas songs we know. Beautiful is what i can say about this album. "Christmas Treasures" take us on a holiday trip to a place one can only imagine...listen to his version of "We Three Kings" & "Angels We Have Heard On High" and you'll know what i mean. I suggest that you get all of Mehdi's other albums together with this. Mehdi is a truly diverse talent and he is currently working on a full blown orchestra project.
5 people found this helpful
on November 10, 2005
My all time favorite Christmas pieces are " God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman" and "Silent Night". When my daughters and I heard it in the Mall at Christmas time we are just a bouncin' down those aisles with the biggest smiles on our faces and we don't care who's watching. I actually regret that it took me so long to acquire a recording of the piece. My sister sent me this soundtrack for Christmas and it is one of the best sets of music I have ever listened to! I feel I must spread the word to others of any age that may long for a little music in their lives that REALLY does a body good.

I am not a music connoisseur. I have an eclectic collection, ranging from Petula Clark, Bobby Darin and Paul Anka to Sting and Stevie Nicks, Enya and Mannheim Steamroller, Reba McEntire, Bonnie Rait, Def Leppard and Journey, to give you some idea. I like classic rock too, (I'm 38) but don't know it well enough to have an album collection.

This soundtrack is like a virtual reality machine. It creates visions of a fun, warm room with Children Playing sitting in their pajamas, the smell of hot chocolate with marshmallows heavy in the air. They're laughing, the little ones are snuggling with their parents and they're playing a game of some sort...not watching TV. Indeed, this becomes reality at my home except for the fireplace.

My 2-year-old daughter turns OFF the NickJr. cartoons (which is a fine channel that the whole family loves) and requests that I turn ON the "Mehdi Music". We listen to it while we color or build Lego houses or play Barbies. It makes you feel peaceful in your soul, content. I recommend that you play it loud enough to hear all the layers yet low enough to converse in normal tones with your family. It makes the room feel warm and happy like sinking into a nice bubble bath makes you feel warm and happy. If you are of an age where you grew up on good Christmas music it brings back all your favorite childhood Christmas memories. I can practically see my childood Christmas in my head as the music plays.

My second favorite track is "We Three Kings".... I never thought I liked New Age jazz and I don't know who Mehdi is, but I will buy another work of his "sound unheard" based on how great this one is.

All the tracks are Christmas songs and they are so originally arranged that I didn't even really catch on until I had listened to it many times. I am certainly not knocking Christmas songs, but this is good for making this CD a year-round player, it's not an obvious seasonal work. He does all this with a Piano/ keyboard, Flute , Guitar and a set of drums! Despite what other reviewers say this CD is with a live flute, piano and Guitar, you can hear the breaths on the flute and the pads on the piano. I am amazed at what can be done with these instruments. I am no expert on instruments, but I can definitely say that Christmas Treasures by Mehdi is Just wonderful and I just picked up his new CD Christmas Treasures 2 last week, that's also beautiful.
7 people found this helpful
on December 11, 2004
My all time favorite Christmas piece is Deck The Halls. When my daughters and I hear it in the grocery store at Christmas time we are just a bouncin' down those aisles with the biggest smiles on our faces and we don't care who's watching. I actually regret that it took me so long to acquire a recording of the piece. My sister sent me this soundtrack for Christmas and it is one of the best Christmas CDs I have ever listened to! I feel I must spread the word to others of any age that may long for a little music in their lives that REALLY does a body good.

This soundtrack is like a virtual reality machine. It creates visions of a happy, warm room lit by firelight in the evening with a dancing santa in the background, the smell of hot chocolate with marshmallows heavy in the air. They're laughing, the little ones are snuggling with their parents and they're playing a game of some sort...not watching TV. Indeed, this becomes reality at my home except for the fireplace.

My 2-year-old daughter turns OFF the NickJr. cartoons (which is a fine channel that the whole family loves) and requests that I turn ON the "Mehdi Music". We listen to it while we color or build Lego houses or play Barbies. It makes you feel joy in your soul, content. I recommend that you play it loud enough to hear all the layers yet low enough to converse in normal tones with your family. It makes the room feel happy like playing in the snow.
8 people found this helpful
on December 1, 2005
The unique sound that Mehdi has become famous for is a strange yet delightful mix of new and old instruments to create an almost electronic sounding (yet it's a bit too real for that) rendition of Christmas carols. The drums and synthesized instruments make this sound like it all comes from a modern keyboard instrument, although one look at the credits tells you there are real players, here, real Flute, Guitar and the keyboards are a mix of Piano / Synth.

Despite the ancient roots of these hymns, the sound is quite contemporary, quite upbeat, quite enthralling. This music is mellow at times yet upbeat enough to have at your long-planned Christmas party. It is non-competitive enough to have on while you study or read Christmas stories by the fire, to have as background music on a dinner date with you very own Christmas true love (don't forget the mistletoe), or again, to set the tone for a great Holiday party. Entertaining, yet fun, this is wonderful music, even, to just turn on the "repeat" option on your stereo and listen to, over and over, as you trim the tree, make eggnog, and work on those long-forgotten Christmas cards (I've been meaning to do that) and present wrapping.

As a student of music therapy who also combats a genetic case of depression, I find it also interesting that this music has a wonderful, very positive influence on the emotions. I can set this music on to alleviate the sadness that so many of us have to deal with regularly, and which unfortunately even some "chipper" people have to struggle with during the Christmas season. Even my terror of a little kitten manages to calm down a bit when I play this music (and occasionally crawl up in my lap for a bit of loving. Wow!). This is, indeed, rather magical music that I think everyone should have the privilege of experiencing, at least once in their lives.
8 people found this helpful
on December 13, 2004
I purchased this after reading the reviews. I was thinking "Yanni..., maybe even Manheim Steamroller", WRONG!!!

If disco is your thing, maybe, go for it. The best word I can come up with to describe this is... CHEESY. It sounds like the forty dollar keyboard my mother bought for my kids. It has a "play along with" button that supplies accompaniment with known songs including Christmas. Perhaps Mehdi should not have used the freeware accompaniment software that came with the midi soundcard interface. Yes, it is that bad. This disk is destined for the bin where I keep all the AOL disks that I use for target practice. The only other possible use I can think of is to send it to the Pentagon to send to Iraq. They could play it over loud speaker while surrounding Fallujah (SP?). The terrorists should come running out screaming in short order. Please, give our troops plenty of hearing protection. Perhaps someone could possibly like these recordings. The only thing they envoked in me was nausea.
3 people found this helpful