Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 3, 2010
I love Weezer, my favorite band, hands down. And I was suprised to see that they made a Christmas album. Apparently it's not very well known either. That's a shame because they really did a nice job with it. Every song is a well known classic that anyone can enjoy, whether you like Weezer or not. As some of the other reviewers have said, they don't tinker too much with the songs which is probably a good thing. They do, however, inject some of their own style into the songs, it's very subtle, but you'll notice the occational riff that is very much their own. I do find it odd them singing about Christ considering some of their other songs could hardly be called "Christian". Going along with that, they actually sing the second, and third verses of the songs which is rarley done because the content is very dogmatic, moreso than the more common first verse. It's not every day you hear lyrics like "veiled in flesh the godhead see, hail in incarnate diety". Even though I'm not religious I appreciate when something like this is done, first it's diffrent, second it's stuff that makes you think, and lastly because it's the way it was written. I've never been much for abridged versions of anything, unless it's really necessary.
It's a relativly short album, only six songs, and it really works. If it went on further it would have worn out its welcome, any shorter and it would have left me wanting more. I reccomend it because it does what it sets out to do, it's a good listen, and enjoyable throughout.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on December 22, 2009
About a month ago I said, 'Wouldn't it be cool if Weezer made a Christmas album?' Much to my surprise, through a search on Amazon, they had made one. Released in 2008 to apparently the notice of nobody, this little six-track nugget only clocks in at 15 minutes, but it's pure Weezer gold. Weezer doesn't really seek to add their own spin on it, and it does come out a little generic, but it's generic in the range of pop rock Christmas songs, to which there aren't many. Even people that hate Weezer will find this album to have at least a little bit of joy, and fans should be pleased as well. It's just straight-up Christmas songs, set to a pop rock sound. No more, no less, and it's gloriously short. Good job Weezer, I hope more people find this little nugget.
on September 6, 2012
This is a great Christmas Album, especially for Weezer fans. They do not shy away from singing carols that refer to the real reason for the season--Christ. While they stick to the basic melodies, the sound is distinctly Weezer, and they even add a few short guitar solos to add the icing on the cake.
The only drawback is it is too short. I wish they would've made a full-length or even double album featuring traditional songs and hymns of Christmas.
on January 16, 2014
My girl really likes Christmas music... me? Not so much. I bought this album and put a copy in my car in hopes of not listening to the same old Christmas music. My girl friend was both surprised and delighted when she heard it. It saved me from listening to the same old Christmas songs on the radio and earned me brownie points with her. Double win!
on August 3, 2013
This is nothing fancy, just Weezer singing traditional Christmas songs, which is why I like it. I'm not into bands shredding Christmas standards into unrecognizable songs. Weezer just plays these songs in their style and it works
3 helpful votes
on February 4, 2016
Simple and beautiful electric guitar Christmas music! Great guitar solos. It's the weezer an we know and the Christmas songs we know and love without any fluff!
on December 18, 2008
I agree with the previous reviewer about Weezer staying true to the melody and lyrics of these classics but adding their own special Weezer sound to them. Listening to these tracks brought me back to the early 80's and the start of the Christian punk rock movement with the likes of Undercover and the 77's. Look up Undercover's take on the classic hymn Holy Holy Holy and you'll see what I mean. Another 4 or 5 songs would have rounded out this "EP" nicely, but hey, I'm happy with what I received. Thanks guys.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 4, 2012
It's Weezer, doing Christmas songs, on my stereo. What else is there to love, really? Great CD from a great band.
on February 4, 2012
I must admit I am a Weezer fanboy. That being said, I really enjoy this album. This thing that makes Weezer so unique is that everything they do runs counter to the norm. This album is no exception. While others would dabble with generic holiday songs like Fosty, Rudolf, and the like. Weezer unabashedly goes after the classic Christmas songs that remind us of the reason for the season.
on November 27, 2009
I was quite surprised to find weezer doing a Christmas album. Although it seems like every artist does one. This is a must for any fan of weezer or a fan of traditional Christmas music. The band has stuck to their true sound and did not ruin the songs. I got this album via a digital download. It had a great price. Although I was hoping for a longer track listing. I guess they released it to see how it would sell before considering other Christmas tracks. I am well pleased with their work.