Chroma P18HM 8" Chef Knife Hammered Finish Kitcen Cutlery, 8", Multicolor
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The out of the box sharpness is one of the best in the industry. That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs
- An Ergonomic Handle - Designed By F.A. Porsche Working With The Chef Of The Decade, Jorg Worther
- A Metal "Pearl" That Clearly Demarcates The End Of The Handle, For Better Control When Cutting
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Chroma P18 by F. A. Porsche Type 301 20cm Chef's Knife
Chroma Type 301 Designed By F.A. Porsche 10 Inch Chef Knife P01
Chroma Type 301 Designed By F.A. Porsche 5 3/4 inch Small chef knife
DALSTRONG Chef's Knife - Shogun Series X Gyuto - Japanese AUS-10V - Vacuum Treated - Hammered Finish - 8" - w/ Guard
Global G-2 - 8 inch, 20cm Chef's Knife
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||MoneyBackGuarantee!||Elegant Boutiques||MoneyBackGuarantee!||Dalstrong Inc.||Amazon.com|
|Blade Material Type||Steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Hand-Hammered,Hand-Crafted AUS-10V 67 Layers||Carbon|
|Color||Multicolor||Silver||Silver||—||Black G10 handle, nitrogen cooled AUS-10V w/vacuum heat treatment, damascus 66-layers, Honbazuke sharpening, full tang, premium packaging, lifetime warranty, Dalstrong support.||Silver|
|Item Weight||1.35 lbs||1.23 lbs||1.4 lbs||1.35 lbs||0.6 lb||7.84 ounces|
|Material Type||Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||Heat and Nitrogen Cooled AUS-10V to 61-62 Rockwell||Stainless Steel|
|Size||8"||8 Inch||10 Inch||5 3/4 Inch||8" Blade, 8" Included Guard||8 Inch|
P18 hm features: -stamped construction. Knife type: -chef's knife. Construction: -stamped. Blade material: -stainless steel. Commercial use: -Yes. Generic specifications: -lightweight. -Chef knife. Dimensions: Overall width - side to side: -1.75". Overall length - end to end: -13". blade length: -8". Overall Product weight: -0.6 lbs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Chroma knife is off the charts good. Perfect - no learning curve and so so sharp. Even though I collect Wusthof knives, for the last six months my go-to knife has been an Ikea Damacus Steel Slitbar knife (I believe now discontinued) that sold for a measly $49. That is a ridiculous deal, but that knife has some shortcomings - because it's Damascus Steel, the edge is sharp, but with a wide rounded edge - if you're not a knife snob that means it will do an excellent job of chopping and dicing, but does not excel at razor-thin vegetable slices, or slices of garlic so thin you can see through them. It also is smooth, which means that even if you succeed in slicing vetables or mean thinly, the slices will stick to the blade, and it is front-heavy, *so* front-heavy like many lower end knives.
To slice thin and not have to pull the slice off with your fingers (risky with a sharp knife) you have to have a blade that has some texture above the edge. Most manufactuers do this by grinding hollow depressions above the edge, but I really prefer the Chroma's raised bumps, which are far more effective, especially with frozen meat (I used it to slice partially frozen chicken breasts).
This knife looks incredible and is very, very sharp. The balance is absolutely perfect. If you buy it please read the directions carefully and sharpen with a whetstone and do not, I repeat * do not* put it in the dishwasher (as with any quality knife).
I am in love.
• Amazing quality - the heft of the steel is just perfect - it is one solid piece, no rivest or welds
• Raised dots prevent thin slices from sticking
• Design blends form and function perfectly - it looks stunning but is perfectly balanced (my Ikea knife is poorly balanced)
• Raised dot on the handle serves the fucntion of the bolster - to keep you hand and the knife balanced
• Super-sharp, as sharp as Japanese knives that cost twice as much
• Difficult to clean and maintain properly (but this is the case with all high-end knifes)
• Needs special sharpening tools (whetstone)
• Left - my large collection of Wusthof Classic knives
• Right - from top to bottom: the "Original" Wusthof eight-inch Chef's knife my Mom gave me that started my obsession, the Chroma P18-HM Type 301 (the new King), and the Ikea Slitbar Damacus Steel knife (the King is dead King)