Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 15, 2013
This was a fantastic book. The author strongly integrated magical realism into. I would highly suggest this book to anyone who enjoys suspense, mystery, horror, gruesome details, and nonfiction. I knew the climax of the story immediately, but it was set up in such a way that I wanted to read until the end to figured how and why it happened. This proves that the journey is often much more exciting than the destination. Five Stars.
on October 20, 2016
Gabriela Garcia Marquez is my all time favorite. It helps to read this book if you "get" him. Read 100 Years of Solitude or Love in the Time of Cholera first. :-)
on November 24, 2013
Read "Love in the Time of Cholera" first and thought so highly of it that I read "Memories of My Melancholy Whores" and "Chronicle of a Death Foretold" subsequently. While enjoyed "Chronicle" better than "Memories", neither was as good as "Love in the time of Cholera." That being said, I would recommend all three to a reader who has not sampled the work of Mr. Marquez.
on April 21, 2015
While it's expertly written, this novel does not match the inventiveness and imagination of some of Marquez's other works, notably "One Hundred Years of Solitude" and "Love in the Age of Cholera." I would suggest reading the two latter novels before consuming any others.
on February 28, 2015
A short brilliant classic which serves as a kind of key to Marquez themes and obsessions.
Read it before "One Hundred Years of Solitude" and that book will open wider for you.
on December 22, 2014
What can you say about Gabriel Garcia Marquez that has not already been said? He is a master. Although this is not my favorite of his books, I thoroughly relished it nonetheless.
on October 30, 2016
This book is super interesting, and I am happy that it was in good conditionshapenough and as described by seller.
on August 16, 2017
Great!
on March 5, 2013
I bought this book for a recent college literature course and it was truly a wonderful surprise~! It brought back so many memories of my own Father telling stories of growing up and various life experieces. I felt right at home reading it. For such a small book it packs a wallop. It doesn't matter what background you come from but there's something here for everyone provided they just gve it a chance~!
on June 8, 2015
This is an amazing story about the path taken and the path not taken in the life and death of a young man. It is compelling and makes one question the choices we make on a daily basis and how much those choices matter.