BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 12, 2017
Daughter loves the book.
on August 31, 2017
gift for my son
on October 15, 2017
It looks new!
on February 16, 2016
I was surprised by the book I received but I did enjoy it. I thought I was purchasing Garcia Marquez's book, One Hundred Years of Solitude. Instead I received, and enjoyed a very scholarly analysis of Garcia Marquez's book I had read originally when first published. It was a surprise but a pleasant one.
on August 24, 2012
I have to say this is one of my favorite books! Gabriel Garcia did such an amazing job writing this story. The style and narrative structure is astounding. I highly recommend this book to all of my friends who are looking for a good read. It is not long, but with its clever content, it does it justice! No need for a bad book with 400 words when you can have a great story in under 200. If you like mystery, drama, and suspense, then this book is good for you. I especially like the documentary style narrative structure. This really impressed me to write this way and deliver so well inside of a book.
on October 7, 2015
A wonderful novel --as his always are-- but the sloppy translation leaves a lot to be desired. Much of the story is based on the interactions of many characters scurrying around, but the translation pays little attention to keeping them straight. Strings of pronouns with no clear references to antecedents. Yuk.
on May 14, 2017
Amazing book, quick read but every page was delightful. Beautifully written with great pacing and character development. Masterful storytelling, highly recommend.
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2008
This novella was published in 1981 in Spanish, and then translated into English. Although this was a fascinating read, I can't help but to think that some on its meaning was twisted in the translation, and if read in its original Spanish format might reveal a slightly different story.

The narrator tries to recreate the events that led to the brutal killing of Santiago Nasar 27 years ago. The story reads like a mystery, but from the beginning, you know Santiago is going to be killed, so it is not so much a mystery as it is a puzzle. The only surprise at the end of the book was that I somehow really liked it. I agree with this New York Times Book Review: "Exquisitely harrowing...very strange and brilliantly conceived...A sort of metaphysical murder mystery."
on December 15, 2013
This was a fantastic book. The author strongly integrated magical realism into. I would highly suggest this book to anyone who enjoys suspense, mystery, horror, gruesome details, and nonfiction. I knew the climax of the story immediately, but it was set up in such a way that I wanted to read until the end to figured how and why it happened. This proves that the journey is often much more exciting than the destination. Five Stars.
on October 20, 2016
Gabriela Garcia Marquez is my all time favorite. It helps to read this book if you "get" him. Read 100 Years of Solitude or Love in the Time of Cholera first. :-)