Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Chrono Trigger

on October 19, 2017
Bought as a gift for my g/f on her birthday. She had played the hell out of this game when it was on the SNES and wanted to play through it again. We've both since either misplaced or lost our SNES systems and games, so this was the next best thing.

She tells me that this is everything the original was and much more. If you want to ride the nostalgia train and/or enjoy a classic RPG then this is most definitely the game you need to get.
on February 10, 2011
This is an amazing game, and the DS version even moreso. I played the SNES version and it was great even then, but my SNES copy was beginning to get old and not work very well, so I purchased the PS version and was sadly disappointed by the poor loading times. I still played it, since it actually worked, but the loading times were awful. I did enjoy the little "extras" they added to the PS version. The DS version must take all the cake though. Better loading times, amazing sound quality, and MORE STORYLINE if thats possible. There are also better weapons, and the translation is better. I just loved the DS version. I'm so glad I ordered it. As soon as I got my Nintendo DS (Birthday present) I logged into Amazon and picked one-day shipping so I'd have CT the next day. I must say, I'm glad I did. This game cannot be beat. I am a huge World of Warcraft addict, but let me tell you, I'd drop WoW in a heartbeat if they made a CT MMO. I already neglected WoW for a whole day just to immerse myself in this wonderful world once again.

The only thing I disliked about the DS version was the Schala thing (will not go into it, for fear of spoilers). It was more storyline and thats always great to see, but I always liked to pretend Chrono Cross never happened and the fate of Schala was similar to that of Magus (with less evil and demons). Schala has always been a favorite character of mine, and her storyline and the way it ended saddened me, especially what she did to Magus. He IS my favorite character.
on March 10, 2017
Obviously it gets 5 stars it's chrono trigger, took me 4 hours to put this game down when it came in today, got here in about a day and a half so that was cool exactly how I wanted my Friday to go really but anyone who knows what chrono trigger is knows why it gets 5 stars, if you don't know what it is get it because it has a ton of replay value and it's not overly complicated or anything the only thing I will say is the battle mechanics can take some getting use to if you're use to stand still turn base combat, other than that it's a perfect game in my opinion
on April 3, 2015
+ Fast loads (unlike PSX port from a decade ago lol).
+ Same story with base elements, plus, the Chrono Cross precuel final-fight and ending bonus (this is a huge extra value).
+ Akira Toriyama's intro animation included (The only down side is that you cannot swap it between the original 16-bit intro and the anime intro).

- I'm playing this in my New Nintendo 3DS XL (first generation, Q1 2015), and the text shows a little blurry. Snes, PSX and even in Zsnes do not have any problems with this (then again, lets be fair, the 3ds' screen is small, we don't need to go picky all the way).

All in all, this is an excellent game, full of nostalgia and solid gameplay.

Personally it is my favorite videogame of all times. I love it, and it will always have a spot in my old gamer heart.
on May 25, 2017
This is an excellent version of Chrono Trigger. It has the classic feel of the Super Nintendo, it has the movies from the PlayStation version (without the long loading menus) and new features for the DS. After years as an avid gamer, it's still one of my favorite video games of all time. If you're on the fence you shouldn't be, buy this game!
on July 31, 2016
I have heard from a multitude of people that Chrono Trigger is a MUST play game if you like the RPG genre and boy they were right. This game is as compelling as they described, and can definitely hold its own despite being an older DS game. I am playing Chrono Trigger on my New 3DS XL and I really couldn't put it down. The storyline and the pixel art look excellent and the gameplay mechanics are very fun. I highly recommend playing this game, even if it is just your first run through, like me!
on September 15, 2014
I don't actually play srpg that often. Action oriented rpg's like Dragon Dogma's: Dark Arisen I prefer. I thought maybe I won't like Chrono Trigger since I wanted something more action packed but boy was I in for a real surprise. I'm glad that I kept on playing since Chrono Trigger is one of the best games I have ever played and possibly of all time.

Chrono Trigger is wonderful for a reason! Chrono Trigger was created from the Final Fantasy developers, Dragon Ball Z creators(Akira T), and Dragon Quest creators. Even if you don't like srpg and 2d graphics you should still give Chrono Trigger a try it's just that good. I would even say it's better than 99% of games made in 7th and 8th generations of consoles. Once you pick up this game you won't want to stop! I am glad that people recommended this game since I may not have played Chrono Trigger otherwise. The hype behind Chrono Trigger is legit.

Now go get Chrono Trigger!
on December 14, 2014
I bought this because, well, it's Chrono Trigger and I love this game.

Pros
1. Great story filled with lovable characters. Music is fantastic.
2. FMV cut scenes that were not present in earlier versions.
3. The monster training is useless to the story but a fun little add on.
4. Extra ending to set up Chrono Cross (warning: it kinda spoils things if you've never played Chrono Cross)
5. Still works in my 3DS!
6. The main game actions and events remain ultimately unaltered.
7. New dungeons, weapons, bad guys, and such. Woot!

Cons
1. The translation is a little goofy. Another reviewer mentioned the quirky item and tech renames and some dialogue changes. They're not all "bad" but they are "annoying" sometimes.
2. The game is slow. I got used to playing it on emulators on my Android devices and the fast forward function makes level grinding sooooo much better. I wish the official versions had this functionality too.

Overall, this is a worthy update to the classic SNES title. The small changes and additions add depth to an already full experience. Aside from a full 3D remake, there's really nothing left that Square Enix can do for this game. This is as good as it gets.
on June 6, 2014
This game is a really great one, loved it on the Super Nintendo, love it even more on the DS. If you want a great start off RPG, or you're just unsure what to get. Get this game.

Pros:
-Turned Based, with Active and Wait battle systems. For those who like thinking on the fly, or need a little bit more time to decide your blows.
-Diverse story and party members.
-Time Travel, and who doesn't like time travel.
-Heavily polished from the SNES original, with new content, and it's easier to understand.
-For those who are bored of playing the story, there is an optional arena type where you get to raise a monster. Make it stronger and battle other friend's monsters, or NPC monster's for rare, or valuable loot.

Cons:
-It may be a good starting game, but you still need to recognize basics of a Turn Based JRPG.
-Game Overs are brutal, if you didn't save for a long time and you get one, you'll start all the way back there. (Save Often)
-Money can be scarce if you don't spend it wisely.
-Can only have three party members out at a time, so may be aggrivating when you run into a wall where you need a specific type of party member and they are under leveled. This happens rarely but can be very aggravating

In Summary, it's a great game, not perfect on any account, but is a great game. It ranges from Simple to Medium difficulty when it comes to gameplay, and has a very in depth story, with some plot holes that can easily be explained with some imagination. Diverse Party Members make the game interesting, and each individual has their own techniques, dual techniques, and even Triple Techniques. There is a lot of content to explore in this game, don't just run through and you could have a wonderful time.
on August 7, 2017
One of the best games very made!

I was so excited to see this on a new platform I had to buy it on the spot!

Fantastic update to the original Superfamacon / Super Nintendo game.

Worth every penny.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.