Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo
Format: Board book|Change

on October 20, 2016
My toddler has loved this book since he was 6 months old. The story is in a great sing-songy rhyming structure, so it is fun to read. The illustrations are great, with lots of different toys and items to find on each page. It ends with the Choo-Choo going to bed, which makes it appropriate for a bedtime book. The board book is small and easy to take along in the diaper bag or on vacation.
on July 27, 2017
I bought this book for my two year old grandson who is crazy about everything trains. He had been sick this week, so I went to see him today, and took the book. He was grumpy and out of sorts until I pulled this book out. His little face brightened up and he got so excited. He made his mom read it to him immediately. It is a very colorful book. Lots of great pictures, great sounds. Just right for a little boy who loves trains.
on March 11, 2015
This is a fun book to read to my son. He is 11 months old and books for this age are tricky. They often don't tell a story or have many words in them, or they are too long to hold short attention spans.

This one is perfect! It follows a train from dawn until dusk, so it is perfect for bedtime. They rhyming pattern is so cleaver and fun to read for me, and fun for him to listen to. I also love that the part of the book that repeats is the train noise (whooo whooo), because it is very enthusiastic at the beginning but as the day comes to an end it gets sleepier sounding. Plus, my son loves when we make that noise.

This is great because there is some story here, but it isn't super long so it holds his attention until the end. We all have good fun reading it too. The pictures are beautiful, and colors are nice and vivid too.
on May 28, 2016
(...2nd only to Sandra Boynton board books.) Great rhythm and my now-19-year-old son remembered the characters from reading it to him when he was 4 yrs old. Chugga chugga CHOOOO CHOOOO! It's been over 10 years and I still think about this book every time I see a train! GO UNION PACIFIC!!!
on April 10, 2014
I'd bought this board book and the Steam Train, Dream Train (hardcover) at the same time and although both have their merits, my 17 months old daughter much prefers the board book at this stage, which is understandable.

The pictures are bright and fun, and the text is just the right length for before nap or bedtime. Only the last 2 pages are in a darker color background (purple) to encapsulate nightfall and sleepy time, but even then they are still colorful. The covers are glossy, and pages are matte.

The second book is more advanced and while the illustrations were cleverly done, they're enshrouded in darkness reminiscent of the night, thus giving it a grainy effect. Nevertheless, I'm keeping the book as I believe we'll grow into it.

For now, we really enjoy reading Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo. My daughter's started pointing to the dog, (teddy) bear, ball, and book and saying the words. She also loves echoing Whoooo Whoooo along with me. I would definitely recommend this book!
on October 6, 2017
If I could give it 10 stars, I would. My favorite children's book! The rhythm and the rhyming are so great. The art is very nice. The perfect book for bedtime or a young Thomas and Friends fan. You won't be disappointed!
on November 16, 2016
I have been reading this (and other books) to my son since he was a newborn. Now at 18 months he will bring it to me throughout the day, while saying Choo-choo, to read to him. He LOVES it. We will probably need to replace the book by the time he is two because he loves on it in his rough boy way. The rhymes are cute and the pictures are fun. We have loads of books and its honestly his favorite.
on January 5, 2016
So adorable! This book holds my 2 year old's attention the entire way through (and that says a lot!) He often doesn't like to listen
to books but I read to him anyway. He loves this book and enjoys looking thoroughly at every picture on the page. I do not at all regret this purchase for him. It was a great stocking stuffer for a 2 year old!
on July 8, 2017
My son is obsessed with trains right now. He really likes this book but I don't love it and since I am the one that reads it 5 times a day I figured I should mention it 😂. The rhymes seem a little babyish.
VINE VOICEon April 28, 2016
I didn't even realize this book was written by the same author as my son's current favorite, "My Truck is Stuck." But now it all makes sense - this is another of our favorite books. It doesn't get quite as much action as My Truck is Stuck, but it still gets read at least once every other day. Another gem of a book from this great children's author! Thank you for writing books that my soon to be 3 year old boy is in love with!