Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Color: Yellow|Change

Showing 1-10 of 814 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 856 reviews
on June 13, 2012
I bought this product without reading comments because it just looked like exactly what I wanted... then I got it, and saw a huge flaw. The black clip pops off soooo easy!!!! BUUUTTTTT, it's okay. You can rig it so it's a perfectly good working float for any valuable item (like a camera).
So the idea is to attach your original camera's wrist strap along side of this floatable strap. Once both are attached you send the original strap thru the yellow float strap (thru the hole for your wrist) and then send your entire camera thru your original strap on the other side. This is what I call lassoing your original strap to your float strap as a backup cord. This way you get a secure connection to your camera. And now the float is safe and functional.

Plus the other alternative floats are bulky and ugly in my opinion, and I like the look and feel of this one. And now that it is functional I use it all the time in the water.
I added pictures for added support. Hope this helps!!

PS. Chums should have made a better product in the first place, but lets make lemonade out of a lemon!
review image review image
66 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
We've used the product three times, attached to our waterproof camera, while snorkeling in various locations. While it lasted, it was great; it stayed afloat and being bright yellow, was easy to see too, in case you accidentally let go of it or something. Unfortunately though, the last time we used it, the cord broke. Thankfully we were in shallow water, so my husband was able to retrieve the camera, but I would expect the cord to be better than that! He was able to retie it with a special "low-profile" knot so it could still be slid-out and taken off the camera, but like I said, I was disappointed with the lack of quality in this product. The only reason it gets 2-stars instead of 1-star though is because it serves it's purpose and I have not found any other floating camera wrist-straps as of yet.
on February 18, 2013
I purchased this for my pentax camera that I bring kayaking with me. If you drop your camera in the water it truly does float. the camera it self will be under the water but the big yellow float will be easy to see and easy to grab out of the water. The chum is big enough that I can put my hand through it and put it around my wrist too. I would recommend this if you have a waterproof camera that you use in the water and don't want to lose it.
on August 8, 2012
i was so happy that i had purchased this waterproof camera float. though it is a little large in size, it helped keep my camera and camera underwater case afloat! if i didnt have this, im pretty sure my camera would have dropped down the the very bottom of the Caribbean ocean lol
on June 9, 2011
LOVE this... our daughter wears her little camera around her wrist like a bracelet at the pool. It is fun and functional... the camera now floats so we don't have to worry about retrieving it from the bottom of the pool. And it helps us to find the camera, too, since it is so bright. At first I wasn't thrilled with how big and bright it is, but now that is what we love about it.
on June 6, 2014
I've been using one of these on a waterproof camera for years, and just bought another to protect my gps device while kayaking. It's a clever design, with a nice detachable clip. A big thumbs up.
on April 23, 2017
A great add on for your waterproof camera
on March 6, 2014
I use a canon camera with an underwater case. It's a bit chunky however still easy to snorkel and held the weight of my camera and case when left to float.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 19, 2012
I used it in the ocean with no problem. Remember to check the weight of your camera (including battery, housing etc.) as this float lists a maximum weight of 7 oz.
on April 23, 2017