Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Church Dogmatics, Vol. 4.3.1, Sections 69: The Doctrine of Reconciliation, Study Edition 27 Paperback – November 4, 2010
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Karl Barth was described by Pope Pius XII as the most important theologian since Thomas Aquinas, the Swiss Pastor and Theologian, and Barth continues to be a major influence on students, scholars and preachers. Barth's theology found its expression mainly through his closely reasoned fourteen part magnum opus, Die Kirchliche Dogmatik. Having taken over 30 years to write, the Church Dogmatics is regarded as one of the most important theological works of all time, and represents the pinnacle of Barth's achievements as a theologian.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
All of volume 27 is dedicated to paragraph 69, which is sub-titled, “THE GLORY OF THE MEDIATOR”; which addresses Christ’s royal office of “lordship”, from his exaltation to the right hand of the Father. It is an extremely important volume in the “Church Dogmatics”. It is Barth’s eschatological-seeding of an emerging “THEOLOGY-OF-HOPE”, which would later be harvested by Jurgen Moltmann. A 350 page volume dedicated to “Mediation” does not lack in depth or content. Therefore proceed slowly, taking small portions of text at a time. You do not want to skim-over this extremely important volume.
I was able to extract the following list of short and meaningful lessons: 13 total
1. AXIOMS OF HISTORICAL DIMENSION/ DUNAMIS-POWER/ LIVING-WORD PP. 1-37
2. LIGHT-OF-LIFE/ AXIOMS OF LIGHT/ RETURN OF GLORY PP. 37-67
3. CHRISTIAN THEORY/ WORD-EVENT/ CORRESPONDENCE PP. 67-97
4. KERYGMA/ ATTESTATION/ COMMUNITY PP. 97-127
5. CALVIN’S THEATRE/ PROPHECY-OF-CHRIST/ HENOSIS PP. 127-157
6. DYNAMIC TELOS/ TRIUMPHAL-PROGRESSION/ JESUS-AS-VICTOR PP. 157-187
7. SALVATION-HISTORY/ FINITE STRUGGLE/ KEPHALE AND SOMA PP. 188-218
8. PROPHETIC-HISTORY AS CONCEPT/ GOSPEL-OF-JOHN/ EVANGELICAL-LIFE PP. 218-241
9. DEVIL-AS-CONCEPT/ ALREADY AND NOT-YET/ COVENANT AGREEMENT PP. 242-264
10. PROMISE-OF-SPIRIT/ DETERMINATE WORD-EVENT/ HOPEFUL IMPARTATION PP. 264-284
11. RESURRECTION-AS-ESCHATOLOGY/ WORLD-OCCURRENCE/ RETURN PP. 281-311
12. PAROUSIA-ADVENT/ DIRECTION-OF-OCCURRENCE/ THE NOT-YET pp. 311-331
13. THEOLOGY-OF-HOPE/ INCARNATE-HOPE/ INTERVENING TIME PP. 331-351
Every lesson I complete, I declare: “that was my favorite”. This volume cannot be overly-recommended. It is extremely important for understanding Barth’s doctrine of the Realm of Spirit. Please enjoy this “AMAZING GRACE”. Five illuminating stars!!!
The new Study Edition of Church Dogmatics contains English translations of these passages for those of us who are not fluent in the original languages. The original page numbering is preserved for ease and consistency of reference.
This 33 volume project will open Barth's magisterial thinking to new generations of scholars. It is a landmark achievement.
His whole series is outstanding! It does take me a while to read, but I am becoming more familiar with this style and his series is becoming easier to read with each volume!