Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on January 18, 2014
As I purchase each book for my grandchildren, I look forward to re-reading them again. My 2 children and I found the Oakley books many years ago in the local public library. How we laughed at the silly plots and wonderful depictions of the character mice and Sampson.
Time passed and the books were forgotten until we had the grandchildren and I began to search for reading materials. It was a joy to find the series again and know how much the grandchildren would enjoy the wonderful illustrations by the gifted artist and author. Using the pictures alone, one can tell the story to the younger children and bypass the text until they are older. The truth is, the older they get, the more they will treasure the books.
on April 21, 2016
Fabulous illustrations and the story... well you are going to buy this one!
on March 19, 2014
The Church Mice books by Graham Oakley were my favorite books when I was very little, and I bought a couple of my old favorite for my mom as a present for Mother's Day. The drawings are just as intricate and beautiful as I remember.
on January 17, 2013
I read these as a kid and now buy them for my niece who loves cats. They are as good now as 30 years ago. Just wish they would be republished as it is hard to find used copies for a reasonable price. Samson the cat and his friends the church mice have great adventures and the illustrations are wonderful.
on January 7, 2014
Graham Oakley has given us many hours of delightful reading, as I have purchased several of his
books and happily shared them with friends.
on January 24, 2013
I loved this book for my children(who all loved it), have now bought this one for my granddaughter. The beautiful and detailed illustrations in the book mean that this book will be looked at again and again and every time something new will be found.
on January 5, 2011
graham oakley's church mice books are super fun. the facial expressions on the mice and sampson, the church cat, are hilarious. the plot in the church mice adrift is very funny. the story is also told in the detailed illustrations. some of the humor is lost on my kids.
on May 1, 2013
The stories about the church mice and Sampson the church cat are hilarious to kids and have plenty of puns for the adults reading to the young ones.
on January 3, 2014
Appreciate the art as well as the story. I own all in the series, and well worth keeping for generations.
on January 15, 2013
I bought these books for my children, and now they are requesting them for their children. Great author, fabulous illustrations and hilarious stories.