- File Size: 430 KB
- Print Length: 192 pages
- Publisher: Clean Reads (November 1, 2012)
- Publication Date: November 1, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00A0O38G4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,414,849 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$35.50|
Save $34.51 (97%)
The Cinderella Substitute Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The main character has had triaged happen in his life and has completely shut out love. All the while his secretary has been there for him and has quietly fallen in love.
Through acceptance and love Nate is able to move on and embrace life again.
Book provided by the publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book
At only 115 pages the story ended very abruptly with a few loose ends which may be resolved in another connected story. Even though the author doesn’t tell you it’s a connected story, I have read other books that have the Mayers family in it. This is Nate’s and Jenni’s story and their attraction and their fighting of it always seems to take a giant step back after taking a baby step forward. Their working relationship may have something to do with it since he’s her boss and she’s his personal assistant and she thinks she knows Nate’s feelings but she tends to misinterpret them. Most of the story line is work related or about Jenni’s family – both her birth mother and adopted parents. There is romance although it seems more like friendship and then ultimately love, but also heartache, tears, anxiety, anger and anxiousness as well as laughter and happiness too. There is a happily ever after that came out of the blue and needed a few more chapters or an epilogue to give better closure and make it seem more realistic.
I have read several of Dixon’s books before and they have all been quick reads. While I would hope for better closure and a little more length I will continue to read her books since her characters do seem real and she packs a lot into a few pages.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational