Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on January 10, 2017
This was very good but the whole series was better. I listened to it as a child. I also have the cassette set and the dvd set
on December 12, 2016
Just the way I remember it from the 1940's
on December 4, 2003
I'm the Cinnamon Bear
With the Shoe-button eyes
And I'm looking for someone
To take by surprise
I go growling and prowling
Each night after dark
But the folks say my growl's
Just a cinnamon bark...
So begins the enchanting world of puns and humor and fantasy and some superior caliber voice work which is the Cinnamon Bear. Who wouldn't want to meet candy pirates and gentle giants? And guess who the children meet at the end?...somebody very important in the world of Christmas, if you get my drift.
I also grew up in SW Portland in the 60s, listening to the Cinnamon Bear every Christmas on KEX. I treasure this as one of my favorite holiday memories. I used to sit on the floor and color pictures to go along with the fantastic stories. How wonderful that Smithsonian has now remastered this and re-released it!
Now my young kids can't wait to go to bed and turn off the lights so I'll play the Cinnamon Bear for them. What more incentive do you need? The 15 minute episodes are just right for getting the kiddies to settle. There is something fun about the live "feel" to the shows.
I would buy a CD version if I could find it, but this cassette holds up very well.
on September 3, 2001
This is our family favorite we even listen to it in the summer! I am 33 yrs old and my father MADE me listen to this on KEX radio when I was little. I just could not stand to hear it then it made me miserable. My things have changed. I bought this gift set for my dad for his birthday because he always said he missed it during the holidays because it has been discontinued. I have a 5 year old daughter who we introducted this to last Christmas. Her being more intellectual than myself just loves it! My husband cannot stand the music. The sound effects crack me up but my daughter just thinks it is the living end. We are planning on getting a reproduction old time radio with a tape player and I cannot wait to hear this on the old time radio. If you dont like this radio show at first it will grow on you. Start it out after Thanksgiving and listen to one everynight. It will get you in the spirit. I wish they had a Cinnamon stuffed bear I could buy my daughter. I like it because you have to use your imagination and things are not just presented to you like on the TV. I highly recommend it especially for people over 55 and little kids!
on November 23, 1999
The first time I heard the Cinnamon Bear I was 4 or 5 years old. It was on KEX radio station in Portland and it was Thanksgiving day, at 6:45. That's the time our raido station played TCB each night. Each episode lasting 15 min. This was a family tradition; one both my parents and their brothers and sisters had started when the show first aired. This was my brothers and cousins favorite tradition of Thanksgiving day. We could'nt wait until the show came on. We loved the fact that we were all together to listen to the first episode. We loved even more that we would all be together to listen to the last episode on Christmas eve. This remained a part of our family gatherings until KEX stopped broadcasting TCB. We were in high school by then and were listening with much younger family members so that they too would love it as we had. This was one time honored tradition of our family that I can now keep alive through CD. Last year I sent the set to my parents and the newest grandchild. My mom cried when they opened it! The POWER of a traditon!
on July 31, 2000
I also grew up listening to this on a radio station in Portland. This story was so captivating that as a child I named one of my toys "Cinnamon Bear". Last year I bought a "silver" star to put on the top of my Christmas tree. I'm very excited that I can now share this story with friends who did not grow up with this story.
Since you get a little bit of the story each night, it is similar to an Advent Calendar.
There is danger, joy, water travel, air travel, friendly people, not so friendly people. Children get to listen to a brother and sister work together. It is charming. I suggest that all families add this to their Christmas traditions.
on November 24, 2000
This is definatly five silver stars for your good fortune to find. My twelve brothers and sisters grew up in the sixties and seventies without Television here in SW Portland. There was magic in the air when we all gathered around a transistor radio to listen to the adventures of Judy,Jimmy and Patty O'Cinnamon. We would go to bed after the 15 minute episode with our imaginations swimming in a flurry of images from the old radio show of 1937. This is as true as a classis as The Wizard of Oz is! You won't believe what a secret of our radio past you will have to enjoy and pass on to your next generations!
on December 17, 2000
I first heard the adventures of The Cinnamon Bear and twins, Judy and Jimmy on the radio back in the l940's and remember the excitment I felt in anticipation of each days episode where they were in search of the silver star. The magical happenings, and many unforgetable Maybeland characters make this a cherished childrens story.
Shortly after Thanksgiving I share the story with my grandchildren, playing one episode each day (over the phone) and in addition to the silver stars they have each found in their Christmas stockings, I am sure they have a happy memory of a special story.
on January 28, 1999
This remastered CD returns the Cinnamon bear to it's original quality. The story is full of adventure, and excitement that my two children love. Some of the terminology used is rather out dated, but it doesn't detract from the story, although it does require a little explination from time to time. My children didn't know what a "looking glass" was. This is definitely wholesome, worthwhile entertainment.
on March 16, 2000
I listened to this each holiday for years as a young girl. As the oldest of eight there were alway several of us gathered around the big radio in the corner of the living room. Just the thought of eagerly waiting for the program to come on the radio each night and anticipating what would happen during each episode, brings such a smile to my face and sweet memories. I can't wait to share it with my grandaughter.