Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Slow Cooker Recipes
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on March 3, 2011
I won't follow any of these verbatim but they gave me ideas to try. I am very challenged in the kitchen, time and a lack of skill do not help either. Cider, applesauce, one with chicken and cheese looks like it has some possibilities too.

They seem generic easy to follow and I would guess this is on purpose. Applesauce! I never would have thought it. This was free and my thanks.

There are some reviews at one star due to sodium content and canned ingredients and the like. I tend to agree and will use fresh stock when I can. But to tell you the truth I worry more about the meat supply. Put just a chicken in the cooker nothing else and you might be shocked as you watch it cook. Sight and smell. Free range (at twice the price) or no on poultry for me. Beef and pork are almost as bad at times. I should go vegan but I need my meat I guess.

And the reviewer talking about treating diabetes, I hear you but you know a non-compliant diabetic is like a drunk not bottomed out. They will not do what's required. Talked myself blue before. You know this.

Free and good for some quick and easy meals. Nothing like getting home from work and my hot meal is ready. Thanks for the freebie.
on December 23, 2011
An advantage of home cooking is that one can create a quality meal for the family by avoiding the toxic processed Frankenfoods sold at the supermarket. But this book routinely calls for processed Frankenfoods as ingredients to begin with; so what really is the point of this? Why not save time, hassle and money and just dig in at the nearest junk-food emporium? As another reviewer writes, I wouldn't do a single one of these recipes.
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2011
OK, everybody get off your high healthy horse and get real. This is a cookbook for people with picky eaters. I bet even Wolfgang Puck's kids preferred Kraft's out of the box mac n' cheese. This is a quick read and a nostalgic look back to a time when you could scarf velveta and not even consider what it was doing to your arteries. The recipes are family-pleasing favorites, measured to feed crowds. Make one or two of them the next time you're off to a pot-luck. You MAY see healthier offerings, but I'm betting you'll see these dishes cleaned up first.

Many freebie digital pubications are just crammed in byte by byte, and good luck navigating them. This was a surprise, with two indexes--one by first to last offering, the other by topic or major ingredient. If you can bear to sully your device with these gourmand recipes, this book is worth the download for those days when you are out of ideas for dinner. Or, you can download it, look it over and remove it from your divice if you think its dishes too 'dangerously' tempting.
VINE VOICEon September 10, 2011
This was free for a while and that's when I got it. Over the past few weeks I've cooked several recipes and my family loved them. Most call for cream of something soup which isn't the healthiest but is perfect for working moms like myself. A few recipes call for browned hamburger meat or boiled chicken - I wasn't real happy about this extra work but the meal turned out very tasty. As a weekday time saver, I cooked my meat for the week on Saturday so throwing ingredients in the crockpot in the morning was super easy. There aren't any photos in the kindle version but since the book was free, I was ok with that. I will add the following to my regular food rotation: roast for tacos, slow-cooker lasagna, and easy chili rellenos.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 20, 2014
I own several different sized slow cookers, and sometimes I just like to make a smaller portion dish. Slow cooking really brings out the quality and taste of the food and I try to make at least one slow cooker meal a week. What I like about the recipes in the Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Slow Cooker Recipes is that they use mostly common ingredients, meaning less special trips to the grocery store; and that I can easily scale down a recipe if it's just for me (single serving). My top favs in the book are Chicken Corn Chowder, Chicken & Dumplings, and Chicken & Noodle Delight. For $0.99, it's a keeper in my book.
on March 2, 2011
I am one of those who dreads having to figure out what to make for dinner. we area family of five and I often depend on my slow cooker for those days when i just do not want to fuss with it all. I tried the creamy chicken and let me tell you it instantly becamea family favorite! catn wait to try the taco reciepe next!
on May 12, 2011
The Slow-Cooker Recipe Book is a great little ebook for beginners. A friend of mine bought me a Slow-Cooker for Christmas a couple of Christmas's ago, and my cooker sat for months without use. Once getting this book, I'm not afraid to use mine anymore. You will find recipes such as Lasagna, Chicken and Dumplings, and dessert recipes such as applesauce; all made with ingredients you have on hand. Especially great for "free" on Kindle.

~Virginia Wright

Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Slow Cooker Recipes: Exclusive online cookbook
on December 5, 2012
These are pretty boring. I archived it off my kindle almost immediately. Bland and unimaginative. I suppose if you were just after something to throw on the table it would be okay, but I was looking for some flavor and interest. This is not the book.
on July 20, 2014
Real good and easy recipes. Some are made with can soups I would make sure and buy low sodium especially with pork or you will be in for a very salty dinner. Loved the ideas and desserts. Try the book especially in summer no added heat from stove and oven. My husband loves anything cooked in a crock pot.
on March 27, 2014
Always on the lookout for good slowcooker recipes and knowing that Gooseberry Patch produces wonderful cookbooks I looked for them first.

This short but complete cookbook covers recipes for ideas from breakfast through dinner followed by several dessert recipes.

I would recommend this cookbook to anyone that needs complete menu planning in a small package.