Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 110 reviews
on September 22, 2015
Listening to this story, or group of stories, on Audible was a pleasure! I haven't read the all books in the series that led up to this one. In fact, I've only read Round Robin, which is the second in the series. It made no difference because in this book the author is introducing new characters to the group of Elm Creek Quilters.

It seems they are in need of two additional intructors and we, the readers, get to meet the applicants and peek into their lives. Besides the well drawn characters and intriguing plot, the author includes a good amount of actual quilting - hand and machine.

We learn about some of the history behind this textile art as well as different techniques for traditional quilts and some information on how to design quilt patterns. And it is all seamlessly incorporated into the story.

I highly recommend this book, and if you have the opportunity, try the Audible version. It's great to listen to while you sew your own quilt.
on April 24, 2006
Two of the members of Elm Creek Quilters are leaving the group for job and other related reasons. Now there are two openings to fill. Who will they get to replace the unreplaceable members? The novel proceeds to describe the lives of the people applying for the positions and their reasons for wanting the job. Each of these people in addition to interviewing for the job at Elm Creek, also has to design an original Elm Creek quilt block and bring it to the interview. What happens at the interview, whom they chose, how it affects their lives, etc. all make for extremely interesting reading. I feel that this is Jennifer's best novel to date. I couldn't put it down. E. N. N.W. PA
on August 5, 2012
This is another great book in the Elm Creek Quilt Series ... It filled in many of the questions about how the Quilters were going to replace two of their founding members and gave insight to the folks being interviewed ... found myself cheering for certain ones to 'win' a spot in the circle. As a quilter, I really enjoy this series, however one does not, in my opinion, need to even sew to enjoy Jennifer's writing styles and her development of characters. I look forward to each new book and each new adventure, including the back stories on the characters. The only book I didn't fully appreciate was the Quilter's Kitchen, because not enough story and too much recipes, however, I WILL probably try some of them!
on October 16, 2016
I love, love, love Jennifer Chiaverini's books. I always look forward to starting the next book in this series. The mix of historical facts with the novelists characters is riveting and informative. I also love her characters and the story lines. An excellent read!!
on February 17, 2010
This is a novel in the Elm Creek Quilts series, which chronologically follows the events in The Master Quilter and is the ninth book by date of publication. I liked this fresh take as we are introduced to 5 potential candidates for the 2 positions opening up with Summer going to graduate school and Judy taking a job outside the area. While we don't see much of the original group besides in the interviews, I really liked getting a background story for each of the applicants and how the stories had interlapping sections for the interviews. It was fascinating to see how each one got into quilting and there different styles and techniques. I found it hard to decide which would be their 2 top choices and the decision was made in the final chapter. I look forward to seeing how the new people fit in when I read the next book that is in the contemporary timeline of the story.
on October 12, 2014
My review of every book in this series is the same. It takes a quilt and explains the meaning and history while interweaving the quilt's past story with a modern day group of quilters that run a quilt camp in a beautiful old mansion. Quilt history meets heartwarming chick story. Even if you never quilt, you wish you were quilting with them. I even bought the quilt pattern book just to look at all the quilts and read the history.
on April 25, 2017
I absolutely loved this entire series!
on May 31, 2012
I have not read any novels in a long time till a friend loaned me the first one in the series. I was hooked and have really enjoyed them, esp'ly being a quilter. As JC writes more books some excerpts from her older story lines show up in a current book. It throws me at first thinking I missed placed my book mark. :) But I'm sure to help reader who pick up a book out of order of her series. You do not need to read them in order. I have purchased all her books to date as used books except the last two. Those our on my wish list. Keep'em coming and I'll keep reading them. Quiltin' Nana
on April 20, 2015
Love this book. I love all of her books that I have read so far. Always have the next one ready to go. The stories take me to times I wish I could have lived in. I want to be a quilter...maybe the more read the closer I might come to learning on my own. Thank You Jennifer, your books are just wonderful ;-)
on April 22, 2006
I flew through this book. It landed on my doorstep yesterday 4/21 - and I am done!!! It is 3pm on 4/22 -What a great book!!! The characters were so well told about - they really did seem to come alive as I read about all of them! I don't really want to give anything away about the story - even though others have expanded about the book - all I can say is - half way through you will need a few tissues - I did!! But, in the last chapter everything seemed to work out for all the characters - and left a good segway into another book - to possibly tell about the first year for the new teachers at the camp and about the two that are leaving and what they find when they get to their new destinations - oh yeah - I would like to hear a little more about the character Bonnie - did she get a good sum of money from that nasty husband from making him sell the furniture in his office as part of the divorce - I like to think she made out well and got to have a good laugh at his expense in the end!!! The one thing that keeps you guessing is the "student in need" - I didn't figure it out until the end!!! Anyway - get the book! and the others if you haven't read them! and the pattern books! I hope they come out with one to go with all the great patterns talked about in this book - I would buy that book also![...]