Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on August 26, 2012
The first two volumes of Circuits of the Wind capture what it was like to come of age during the early days of the information age. The author deals with universal themes related to the passage to adulthood, but does so in the unique context of the birth of the internet. He exposes the ironies associated with loneliness and alienation at the dawn of the era of universal connectedness. The author's writing is evocative and he displays real insights into the human condition. A number of the scenes he paints remind me of the work of Hesse.
on March 14, 2013
This is an interesting walk through a boy's journey to manhood and computerdom. I had a different experience but never even tried to hack. When computers first came out, I remember a hacker was someone who could not type and "hacked" at the keyboard. Whatever, it is a good story.
on October 4, 2012
I abandoned this book after 30% (82 pages). It is very difficult to read due to the long winded sentences, overuse of adjectives, and simply too many words to describe something that would take just a few. I knew it was time to try something else when I reached a paragraph that ran almost 2 pages (on my Kindle with a small font!).

The story is intriguing because I've lived through the chemistry sets, early radios, and because I too had an early Atari computer. But, I couldn't muscle my way through the prose.
on May 22, 2014
Not much of a story, here, unless you're into the biography thing, because that's pretty much what it is. And not a very good one, at that. It reads too much like a documentary. Too much description, too little dialog, which is not very well done. Too contrived and not in form with the ages of the characters. A good story captures you with emotion and at least some semblance of humor or rebellion. There is none of that here. The author can write well enough, but the story is flat. I gave up.
on January 19, 2013
Without a doubt, one of the worst books I've ever attempted to read. Early on, one sentence ran on for 1 1/2 pages, with lots of commas and semicolons. After reading the sentence over and over, I gave up and deleted the book.