- Save 25% each on Qualifying items offered by insomniacsonline when you purchase 10 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Circus Deluxe Edition
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The good sense to release "Womanizer" - a chugging, energetic slice of guilty pleasure dance/pop with no self-conscious lyrical connection to Spears' personal life - as the lead single for the album - her second #1 single and first of the late 2000s - has certainly paid off.
"Circus" contains many potential smashes, suggesting it may have a shelf life of significant length. The naughty "If U Seek Amy" is all sass and swagger, and the title track percolates and bubbles with hyperactive energy. "Lace and Leather" is spare, sexy sensuality with its downbeat tempo and spacey synths, and "Kill the Lights" is an out-the-ballpark smash with its frothy tempo changes and matter-of-fact, detached vocal delivery.
It may take a few plays for the hooks to settle in, but these are songs are not Disney radio-fodder pop machinizations to be forgotten by next week. These hooks are contagious and, most importantly, completely fun.
Spears again attempts light, melancholy balladry in the vein of "Sometimes" and "Everytime (sp: Every Time)" after last year's "Blackout" was wall-to-wall sexual energy and party jams. "Unusual You" is a new variation on "Everytime" with a cushier, more understated hook that could spell surprise mega-smash, although such could also happen for full-throttle breakup ballad "Out From Under," even if its lyrics lean toward the overly literal. The soft, devotional "My Baby" provides a strong, unexpected conclusion.
Surprisingly, "Circus" is not a pure cotton candy/crackerjack sugar rush.Read more ›
1. Womanizer - (10/10) First single from the album. I love it! It's so catchy and fun. It's sounds like a cross between "Radar" and "Ooh Ooh Baby."
2. Circus - (10/10) Second single from the album. It's a great track with an amazing middle 8. The music video will definately be awesome too.
3. Out From Under - (10/10) This song is a cover of a song off The Bratz movie soundtrack. Who knew a song from the Bratz movie soundtrack could turn into a fantastic Britney track?
4. Kill The Lights - (10/10) Produced by Danja, same guy who produced "Gimme More," "Break The Ice," etc. The song has a fresh new sound different from "Blackout," and I'm really liking this song.
5. Shattered Glass - (8/10) Not my favorite song on the album, but it's still great. Sounds kinda sorta similar to Britney's 2001 song, "Cinderella."
6. If U Seek Amy - (10/10) Insanely catchy. First Max Martin song Britney's done since 2001's "Britney." It's a fun play on words with a rememberable chorus.
7. Unusual You - (10/10) I love the mellow sound of this song. It's production reminds me of songs from "In The Zone," which is a very good thing.
8. Blur - (10/10) Similar in style to "Unusual You," I love the lyrics and overall sound of the song.
9. Mmm Papi - (7/10) I like the overall sound of the song. But the "Mmm papi, love you, mmm papi love you" sounds really cheesy and out of place in the song.
10. Mannequin - (10/10) Great danceable song with good lyrics too, pretty catchy also.
11. Lace And Leather - (8/10) I love the old-school sound of this song, however it's not one of favorites on the album, but I still enjoy listening to it very much.
12. My Baby - (7/10) Not my favorite.Read more ›
It's really too bad that Blackout was so ignored (but understandable considering Britney's personal life at the time of its release), but I'm glad Radar was included on this album (kind of a 'Toxic' part two...though I would have added 'Heaven On Earth' instead (a beautiful pop song I wish more people could hear).
Circus is a great CD, one you can tell Britney and her team worked reasonably hard on. Most of the songs sound pretty similar (I felt Blackout provided a bit more variety), but that doesn't take away from their quality and fun.
Britney co-wrote 'MMM Papi', 'Mannequin', 'My Baby', and 'Rock Me In'...just in case anyone was wondering.
This deluxe CD is great (more proof as to how much they're trying with this record), and includes 2 songs not on the standard version (both, 'Phonography' and 'Rock Me In' are tons of fun), and a short documentary about the making of the album (it's about 10 minutes long). The poster is silly (one side is the back of the album and the other is the sitting pose in front of the sky background), but a nice touch.
Bottom line: Britney is back to work, and Circus is definitely worth a listen.
Bring on the tour!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Incredibly artistic & creative album cover & booklet. She doesn't have the best voice in the world, but she is more than a singer, she has a charisma which everybody seem to... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Stacy
WOW UK Deluxe edition of Circus has 16 songs!!!! The USA version of Circus only has 15 songs on the deluxe & 13 on the Standard. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Blue Rose