Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 27, 2016
My son was not a reader, but when he was in middle school 11 yrs ago, he read this entire series in a week! I couldn't believe it, knew it had to be awesome, so I read it also and loved it. My daughter, who is now 11, is an avid reader at an advanced level. When I suggested this series she half heartedly agreed to read it, but I got the impression she didn't feel it would be up to her standards. When she finally ran out of books and picked up the 1st book, she was riveted and couldn't put it down! Missing a few of the series, I immediately popped on Amazon to pick this one up. It arrived ASAP in the exact condition as listed. Couldn't be happier !
on March 7, 2017
Sounds freaky for parents - Vampires!!?? But the topic is treated very humanely. The boy in question is very concerned about his predicament and reluctant to hurt anyone. The series has very positive messages about friendship and responsibility.
on June 3, 2017
I loved this series when I was a kid so I am happy that I was able to find it. The product description was (really good) but honestly its (ok). The book however is legibly so I am pleased.
on May 7, 2013
I had a terrible time getting my son to read. At the time, his school recommended thirty-minutes of reading at home every day and it was always a fight to get him to sit down and read. A friend of mine said her son really enjoyed these books so I ordered them in the hopes that he'd enjoy them.

Because I'm a tad overprotective, I decided to start reading the books prior to giving them to him. I was instantly hooked. I'm not a huge fan of teen books (never read the very popular Harry Potter or Twilight), but these books were fantastic. I found myself reading them very quickly and then anxious to have the next book to continue the story.

The characters are well developed and the stories were age appropriate (he was in 5th grade at the time). Eventually he ended up reading the entire series of 12 books (and so did I!). Some time later the movie came out... sadly it wasn't very good.

Since he's read these books he's developed a love of reading and devours almost everything we get him. I know that these books aren't 100% responsible for this new love of reading but I feel like they definitely got us moving in the right direction. I would definitely recommend them to any young teen or even adult!
on September 25, 2017
I highly recommend this book for the adventure and horror lover in everyone! Suspenseful and darkly humorous too.....but also, for the kid inside of us all!!!
on August 9, 2013
I originally bought this book for my brother who doesn't read very often in the hopes of spurring his inner bookworm. He loves the books and has gotten emotionally attached to each of the characters and their story lines, even being brought to tears on quite a few occasions. While I may be off toiling at college, I still found myself enthralled by Darren Shan's world of "Cirque Du Freak" and joining in on the tears and thrills. My entire family has picked up these books and fallen in love with Darren and company (an experience not shared since a certain author who graces the cover of each book in Shan's series wrote a book about a boy who lived). If you are a parent who is hoping to inspire your child to read, this book is for you. Just remember not to be afraid to pick up the book and see what this phenomenal 12 part series has in store. I'll miss Darren Shan and all who are found within this story that I'll always wish was true.
on October 23, 2012
I bought the first couple of books on a whim only to find a very relatable main character and and a story that offers middle school and adults a less grisley, but un~twilighted, world of the supernatual. What a rare find!

Initially I based my view of the series on the movie made years ago, but found that the movie failed to capture the essence of the book series; not a big surprise.

Now my six grader is chewing his way throgh the books and comparing them to Susan Collins's 'Gregor" and "Hunger Games" books; more the former whith this 200 pager series.

Because of the shortened length of this epic, I would recomend not being satisfied with just one book. I made that mistake and ended up reading three of the books from Kindle because I could not wait to read more. Great series that gets better as it evolves unlike some others that flatten out or bulk up on repetition to fill up the pages.

In summary this is a great read, parents please ignore the titles and read for youself. The series is about fitting in and acceptance through lifes stages of transitions.
on April 7, 2015
I love this book, i rear it when i was a child and could never stop reading it, even after i finish the whole story. It get boring at the first few chapter in the first book, get better later on. Those that loves horrors or bump in the night, this book will get the mood going, it does not matter if your a child, teens, or an adult.

I recommend this book for all ages as i had bought the whole series, great book to pass down through generations.
on March 21, 2013
My son loved reading the Curque Du Freak series in middle school. Now that he is a soldier serving in Afghanistan, he asked me to send him the series to enjoy anew. Perhaps he wanted a little slice of his carefree childhood back, or maybe he just remembered what a spellbinding, mesmerizing story Shan weaves. Whatever the case, I was happy to find each book in the series on Amazon and send it to him in a care package for Christmas.
Any series that can appeal to both a middle school 12-year-old and a soldier in the US Army has merit in my book. I was further pleased that, although used, the condition of the book was like new.
on January 4, 2014
I started the series foolishly not realizing how much $ each installment cost/how many there are. That is entirely my fault. However, while the story is interesting, it isn't interesting enough to support a commitment of what is essentially 12 short expensive stories. The plot doesn't advance enough/have enough in it to justify the price. You could just as easily read the first, read the summary of the next 10 and read the 12th installment. If each installment were $1.99, that would still be expensive (for what should be 1 or 2 books max), but it makes more sense than $7+ each.