Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 128 reviews
on February 23, 2014
This USB powered wireless device is perfect when you don't want to run Ethernet cat 5 cables to your PC or should your laptops wireless card go bad. All software is actually installed within the Cisco and is a breeze to install. If you want, you can remove the valet drive from it's base and plug it directly into a USB port. We have one in use now on a tower that's in a remote location in the back of our attic and its picking up our wireless router signal located 2 stories down in the front of our first floor. The speed might be slightly down, but not significantly. We can still do our emails, downloads, Facebook, YouTube, etc. I carry one with me in my laptop bag for "just in case" and have shown it to several friends who used it and immediately went to Amazon and bought there own.
on May 8, 2015
Update 6/2015: I have been using the AE2500 that Linksys sent me to replace the AM10, for 3 weeks. It was very easy to setup and has a solid 4 bars versus the 2 or 3 bars from my AM10. My laptop has 5 bars from the same location as my desktop with the AE2500. Both the AM10 and the AE2500 have a normal operating temperature of around 105 F. I recommend the AE2500 over the AM10, and use an extension cable to get the best signal strength. The AM10 is one star, the AE2500 is four stars.
Update: The first one started to lose signal strength as it become uncomfortably warm to touch in an hour of continuous use. Linksys Technical Support said it needed to be replaced. I received another one from Amazon, and it had the same problem. Linksys is going to send me a new one, and I will post a new update after I verify that it works properly (or not).

I've had this for 3 days and the performance has been rock solid. It was easy to install and it is a huge improvement. I have a Dell XPS 8500 Desktop with a Dell 1703 internal wireless card. The signal strength ranged from poor to good, and the connection often dropped. My desktop is in a different room about 30 feet from my Linksys E1200 wireless router. With the Cisco Valet, signal strength is consistently in the excellent range, always connected, and my internet browser is definitely faster. The extension cable is a big plus because you can place Valet in a safe place away from interference. I wish I had purchased this long ago!
The Cisco Valet requires that the wireless connection is managed by Microsoft Windows Wireless Connection Manager. My default was the Dell Wireless Connection Manager, but it was fairly easy to figure out how to make the switch.
on November 13, 2013
I bought several of these bad boys to upgrade from my old hub network to a fancy new wireless hub network. It is a flash drive with an 802.11n Wi-Fi modem built in. The drivers are on the memory portion of the flash drive so installation is quick and painless with Win XP and Win7 (I don't have Win8). Some reviewers had issues but I have had no problems whatsoever. The box includes a stand and a usb extension cable so you can get the modem's antenna away from that big meta box and closer to the ether where the Wi-Fi wavelengths roam free. At Ten bucks for the refurb versions, I purchased extras just because you never know when you are going to want another one.
on July 7, 2014
This USB WiFi adapter dongle includes flash storage with setup files and a nice USB extension cord with mounting pedestal. It works fine, but I noticed it gets pretty hot to the touch after being on a while. That indicates that it is drawing more power than it needs to from the USB port. However it works well, is super easy to install, it's by Cisco/Linksys, and it's cheap and comes with Prime shipping. There's enough flash memory space to use it as a thumb drive too.
on January 14, 2015
If you get this, there are no instructions. What I didn't realize was it works like a thumb drive in that the drivers are on the device. Head to your "My Computer" and click on the new Cisco drive to install this thing. I downloaded the latest version from their website instead. Once the drivers were up and running. This found my router quickly and had an incredible signal. I have 30 Mbps internet. A speedtest showed full 30 Mbps on this wireless receiver. Very nice. Network speed was great. I am very happy with the device and would recommend it so far. If I have issues, I will report back with updates.
on October 24, 2014
On 10/25/2014 I tried to install this Cisco Valet AM10 wireless LAN adapter on a Windows 7 desktop, but it refused to install, saying that something other than Windows was managing wireless connections and it needed Windows to be doing so. However, neither I nor Cisco/Linksys tech support (via remote control debugging session) could figure out why it thought that. The tech support guy finally gave up, saying that the unit hasn't been manufactured in years and they have limited success getting it to work. I'm returning it to Amazon. The ease of returns to Amazon is the only good thing about this purchase.
on March 3, 2014
It works in Win8/7 fairly well, but prepare for it to Overheat and Not be recogized with an error stating " a USB Device has Stopped working, and cannot be Recognized"....Making you have to reboot and Completely Uninstall the driver and RE-install driver..I Took the plastic cover off of the stick so it's a bare PCB board exposed to open-air and my signal hardly ever drops now and It hasn't overheated since. It's only OK for the money since it's not for everyone and It WILL fail Eventually because of bad Design and No Cooling for the device...these should at least have a small 1/2cm fan or something to cool them...It's just logical...Just more Shovelware crap from Cisco/Linksys.....
on May 18, 2015
Being a Ham Radio operator and knowing the line of site requirements of 2.4GHZ (WiFi) I moved the router down stairs right up under the adapter, it was less then 12 feet from the wireless adapter and the connection was intermittent and laggy when it did work. After about 5 days it just quit working altogether and knocked out everything on my USB host, that's right, it literally shut every USB device on my PC down until I pulled it and restarted the computer. If you buy this adapter you will regret it.
on April 4, 2014
Paying as little as I did for this product, I had a feeling the thing wouldn't work at all. When it came, it was just plug in and follow the directions. The little thing works great.

Wish the directions were a bit clearer though. For example, when setting up, the directions say to plug in the valet. I plugged in the product (extension and all) into the computer. the computer wouldn't setting it up. I removed the valet from the cradle and plugged it directly into the computer (without the aid of the extension), and the computer set it up very quickly.

all said and done, I have to say I'm very pleased
on November 23, 2016
My network adapter went out in my laptop so i opted to buy this instead of replacing it. This product was a near perfect fix. It was easy to install and even easier to use. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it's a bit bulky for a laptop and it gets in the way often.