Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cisco-Linksys E4200 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router" and save 86% off the $179.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cisco-Linksys E4200 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Installation of 1 router
- Password protecting your network
- Connecting up to four internet-ready devices
- Providing use and troubleshooting instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Transfer rates up to 300 + 450 Mbps speed for a premium home network experience
- Full 3x3 MIMO antenna array boosts signal strength to provide exceptional coverage and reliability
- Double your network bandwidth with dual-band N (2.4 and 5 GHz) designed to avoid interference and maximize throughput
- Keep Wi-Fi freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall
- Quick to install and easy to manage
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Cisco-Linksys E4200 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Ebazon||EastCoastDeals||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||DOCSIS Networks||Benavi Business|
|Data Transfer Rate||450 MB per second||450 MB per second||1,900 MB per second||1,900 MB per second||300 Mb per second||300 Mb per second|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 12 x 9 in||12.01 x 2.83 x 9.17 in||7.25 x 10.03 x 2.19 in||10.08 x 13.7 x 3.11 in||—||5.97 x 7.43 x 1.23 in|
|Item Weight||0.79 lb||1 lb||2.05 lbs||3 lbs||1 lb||0.52 lb|
|Total LAN Ports||—||4||4||4||—||4|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n||802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 A/C||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||802.11n||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
The Linksys E4200 offers maximum speed (up to 300 + 450 Mbps), optimal range, and simultaneous dual-band technology to create an ultra-powerful wireless network designed for home theater performance. Simultaneous dual-band Wireless-N technology allows for smoother and faster HD/3D video streaming. A built-in USB port lets you add external storage to share files across your network. And a built-in UPnP AV media server means you can seamlessly stream media files across your network. Plus, included Cisco Connect software gets you set up in three easy steps and offers powerful tools for ongoing management of your network.
Top customer reviews
* Supports 3 data stream (450 Mbps) on the 5 GHz band. The tested throughput on the 5 GHz band was 129 Mbps up and 148 Mbps down (laptop with Intel 6300 wifi card to a server with a wired connection). About 15% faster then my old WNDR3700 router, but I was hoping for a 50% increase (300 Mbps -> 450 Mbps).
* Easy to setup with the `Cisco Connect' application. The application guides you in setting up the wireless security, parental control, and guest network.
* No issues connecting to the router with my PS3, Windows Home Server, Vulkano, and iPad
* Only 2 data stream (300 Mbps) on the 2.4 GHz band. The tested throughput on the 2.4 GHz band was 60 Mbps up and 70 Mbps down
* No extra features like WDS repeating/bridge
* WNDR4000 has better parental control features
Having the E4200 and WNDR4000, the E4200 has roughly the same throughput performance as the WNDR4000 (134 Mbps up and 140 Mbps down on the 5 GHz band). The difference between the two comes down to features. The E4200 has a great setup utility that will allow any newbie to configure the router with ease. The WNDR4000 provides more useful features such as WDS repeating and traffic meter. As for the range of the router, I really can't comment on it due to living in a small apartment.
Some extra background info:
One thing that I feel is missing in the `router comparison table' is the processor speed. The CPU speed gives you an idea about the performance of the router. So here is what I found on the internet.
E1200 - 300 MHz CPU with 32MB RAM and 4MB Flash
E1500 - 300 MHz CPU with 32MB RAM and 8MB Flash
E2500 - 300 MHz CPU with 64MB RAM and 8MB Flash
E3000 - 480 MHz CPU with 64MB RAM and 8MB Flash
E4200 - 480 MHz CPU with 64MB RAM and 16MB Flash
So, when my old reliable Linksys 150N unit had a failure (most likely caused by A/C current fluctuations on the power line), I looked forward to my next new wireless router installation with dread. After reading a number of reviews on the different available units, however, I thought I would give this somewhat pricey router a try.
Am I ever pleased that I did. I received the router and literally had it up and running within a ten minute time span, and that includes connecting network cables, power, and so on. Yes, it helped a lot that I knew some of the most important items in configuring my DSL modem and a wireless router. But I've never had a wireless router up so quickly, and with so little trouble. I did not even use the installation routine on the enclosed CD-ROM, but rather just manually put in the data, and "bing!," it worked immediately.
I set up a secured WPA2 network, and within minutes had all the home computers connected, including my MacBook Pro, a desktop HP machine running windows 7, and two notebooks (a Sony and an HP), both running Windows 7.
It is worth every penny when something that can potentially suck so much of your time and effort works right away, on the first try. Performance seems very good thus far, and signal strength is excellent throughout this somewhat large home (full strength everywhere in the house).
Congratulations, Cisco. It looks like you may have finally gotten this right. Five stars.
The biggest thing is no hiccups with Appletv now. I can stream my own ripped dvds or netflix or itunes movies flawlessly. Enjoy!
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.