Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Cisco-Linksys WGA600N Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 57% off the $95.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Cisco-Linksys WGA600N Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming Adapter
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Works with all network-ready game consoles, including Xbox, Xbox 360, Playstation 2 or 3, and GameCube
- Dynamically changes channels and radio bands (2.4 or 5GHz) to find the fastest connection available
- Converts wired-Ethernet-ready game consoles to Wireless-N network connectivity
- Lag-free head-to-head or Internet gaming, without stringing wires
- Works without drivers on Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation2 or 3, and GameCube
- Works with all network-ready game consoles, including Xbox, Xbox 360, Playstation 2* or 3, and GameCube
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Linksys
- Model Number: WGA600N
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Network Data Transfer Rate: 0.3 Megabits Per Second
Top Customer Reviews
1. Quit out of the installation software (keep the adapter connected to your pc)
2. Assign a static IP to your pc (if you do not know how to do this, then call Linksys or google it). The static ip settings should be:
leave dns settings as is
3. Open up your browser and type [...] in the address bar. You will now see a log in page
4. Log in with admin/admin
5. Now assign a static IP to the adapter
6. Now go to the wireless settings tab and enter in your SSID and WEP/WPA Key. Make sure you select the correct authentication type
7. You will now need to reboot the adapter (it will ask you to do so)
8. Once the device is back up, go back to the [...] page and log back in. Double-check to make sure your settings were entered in correctly. The wireless light should light up on your adapter.
Tip: Before you connect it to your console/receiver, you can test to make sure the adapter can connect to the internet. Switch off your wireless connection on your pc/laptop and connect the adapter to your pc via the ethernet port. Try accessing the internet and if you can, then the adapter is all set.
p.s.Read more ›
That aside, the best part about WGA600N is that it is very good for streaming HD content over your network. I have Slingbox hooked up to my HD enabled Comcast DVR to enable streaming to my desktop in the other room. The desktop has no wireless card and so it was wired to a NetGear Powerline HDX101. With this setup the HDTV streaming with Slingbox was not impressive - frequent lost packets, not so good speed etc.
But once I hooked the desktop to the WGA600N and had it connect to my extreme N router (Airport shows it connects at 300 rates, whereas my Laptop with WirelessN card connects at 130) no more lost packets, and I get the best streaming speeds, consistently (hovering around 5500Kbps to 6000Kbps).
Overall I am quite happy with its performance - Linksys should fix the configuration utility though, that will save people without Linksys routers some headache for sure.
If you're trying to hook this up to your DirecTV box (HR-21) to get on-demand content, you DO NOT have to set up the adapter through a pc.
Simply connect the device to your HR-21's network port, plug it in, and click DirecTV's menu button. Go to "Set-up," then down to "Network." Answer the questions, and in less than a minute, you should be up and running.
The latest update to DirecTV boxes provides immediate plug-and-play access with the adapter.
Hope I saved someone else a lot of time!
Pros - works flawlessly once configured
Cons - undocumented setup hurdles. 1) device uses address 192.168.1.250 as default, 2) default password is 'admin'
At first I couldn't get the device to use 802.11n, which limited me to wireless-g speeds. This isn't adequate for HD video streams. Then I found out that WEP security isn't in the draft-n standard, so if you use a WEP password on your network, the device reverts to wireless-g. I changed to WPA security on my router and the adapter started using wireless-n. This was surprising, but I'm glad I stumbled upon this easy-to-miss piece of info.
Anyway, now that everything is configured, I really like this adapter, but it took some fiddling to get it to work right. I'm able to move HD video streams from my media room to my living room, which is on a different floor and several rooms away.
By the way, I had to use the manual installation instructions (found in another review for this product). The included setup disk didn't work for me. Also, I'm using a D-Link DIR-655 Extreme N Wireless Router; interoperability hasn't been an issue.
If installation was easier I'd give this 5-stars. The clunky install cost a star.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This unit has been used since 2009 when it first debuted on the market. In most settings, this 802.11N device will easily connect your wired device(s) without issue. Read morePublished 9 months ago by C. Schroeder
I bought two of these, so it wasn't just a fluke that they both eventually broke down the same way. It's very difficult to get it to connect and retain a connection. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
Works great as a bridge to my wireless network for my Apex Aquarium controllerPublished 23 months ago by damon ferguson
Easy to configure with linksys software. Has good range through long hallways and closed doors.Published 24 months ago by RINXX
never wrote a review, dont even have it anymore. i used it to connect my PS2 wirelessly, and it worked very well. Read morePublished on February 10, 2014 by Cody Ely
This is an old product and there's a lot more and better options out there. Save your money and look around.Published on January 12, 2014 by Ken
I received my modem on time and as advertised. I am very satisfied with my order and would consider using this source again next time I'm in need.Published on October 22, 2013 by Payments FPS Account
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.