Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cisco-Linksys WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter" and save over 90% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cisco-Linksys WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Simply plug-and-play operation to connect PCs wirelessly to networks
- Supports USB 2.0 with up to 54 Mbps, high-speed data transfer rate with automatic fallback
- Compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b (2.4GHz) standards
- Supports up to 128-bit WEP and WPA encryption security
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and Vista 64-bit edition
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Cisco-Linksys WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Monster Resale||ARF Tech||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Panther One||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 9.1 x 2 in||0.94 x 2.87 x 0.35 in||1 x 0.4 x 3.7 in||5.31 x 6.1 x 2.36 in||3.9 x 5.5 x 0.7 in||3.5 x 5.5 x 0.7 in|
The easiest way to connect your desktop or notebook to a wireless network at up to 54Mbps, without opening the case. Connect your USB-equipped desktop or notebook computer to a wireless network at incredible speeds with the Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter. By incorporating USB 2.0 and Wireless-G the Adapter delivers data rates up to 54Mbps (5 times as fast as 802.11b), without the trouble of opening up the case of your desktop computer.
Amazon.com Product Description Are you tired of running wires through your house to keep your computers networked and connected to the Internet? Have you recently purchased a wireless data card only to discover that you have to open up your computer to install it? Don't worry, help has arrived. With the Linksys WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter, you won't need power drills or screwdrivers to connect to the Web anymore.
The Linksys WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter converts a USB port into a 54 Mbps Wi-Fi connection.
By incorporating USB 2.0 and Wireless-G protocols, the Linksys WUSB54GC can immediately begin delivering data rates up to 54 Mbps (five times as fast as 802.11b) without the trouble of running wires or opening up the case of your desktop computer. To install the adapter, you simply plug it into any available USB port. (It's compatible with both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports, but 2.0 will yield the fastest speeds.) You can plug it directly into your PC, or you can use the included USB extension cord to put the adapter anywhere you'd like, up to five feet away.
Because the adapter gets its power through the USB connection, no power cord is necessary. The included setup wizard walks you through configuring the adapter to your wireless network settings, step by step. The Linksys WUSB54GC lets you put your computer almost anywhere in the building, as long as you have a wireless signal to connect to.
The new push-button setup feature makes it easy to configure your wireless devices. Just push the button on the access point and on your other enabled wireless device to automatically create a safe connection, protected by the industrial-strength security of Wireless Protected Access (WPA) and 128-bit encryption. This means that your data stays secure.
What's in the Box
WUSB54GC USB adapter, USB extension cable, setup wizard CD-ROM, user's guide on CD-ROM, and quick installation guide.
Top customer reviews
It only went through the washer. I don't know if it would have survived the dryer. But after it came out of the washer, I soaked it for one minute in distilled water, and then rinsed twice with distilled water (that's a trick I learned that sometimes rescues water damaged electronics). It still works great. It's a very nice little adapter.
EDIT: A few days after I wrote this review, My laptop was knocked over and landed right on the adapter. The outer casing came off, and the inner card was exposed, the USB connection was bent sideways - pretty much what I expected. What I didn't expect was that I could just bend the USB connection back, snap the casing back on, plug it in, and go back to amazon.com to update this review. AWESOME.
EDIT 2: OK, eventually, I knocked and bent it again, and then later, my son basically stepped on it and bent it to the point of breaking some of the connections. And yes, eventually, you definitely can break this thing - rather permanently. It should be treated with care... So I bought another one. I've kept it a little better protected.
**edited to add: So now it's a week later, and the LED light doesn't even light up. When I try to reinstall the adapter, it says it's not installed correctly. I've checked the adapter on 4 different USB ports, nothing. I've check other peripherals on each of the USB ports, they all work fine. This piece of junk has literally just STOPPED WORKING altogether. Nothing, nada, a little black plastic piece of garbage. I will be contacting the seller to return immediately.
1. Wireless-G is still faster than you need, and a great value compared to comparable Wireless-N devices. The 54 Mbps speed of Wireless-G is more than double the speed of anyone's home Internet be it cable, phone, satellite, or fiber. Increasing your wireless speed beyond 54 Mbps will have zero effect on your Internet response.
2. Linksys is the industry standard brand for home networking. It's fully supported by every PC brand, every operating system, every version. There is zero chance of incompatiblity.
3. You just plug it in, and it works. There is no need to use the installation disk or otherwise search for drivers to install. Windows already has drivers for this standard device, and can update them automatically if a newer version is ever required.
4. This device works from a distance with no issues. For my latest purchase (I have installed others in the past), this Wireless-G adapter is plugged into a rear USB port in my daughter's bedroom upstairs - up against the rear wall of our house. The WAP router to which it connects is located at the front corner of our house on the first floor. Even with doors closed, there is plenty of signal strength for full speed connectivity.