Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on August 9, 2017
I was initially very happy with the look and function of the watch. However, a month or so after I got it it started stopping in the middle of the night for no reason, despite having plenty of time in the sun to charge. The stopwatch also stopped resetting to 12 and would move all around the face. The face also scratches and chips easily. I sent the watch back for warranty repair, which was done in a couple of weeks. About a week after I got the watch back it stopped in the night again. I am disappointed with the quality of the watch and believe they should have fixed it right or offered a replacement. I don't want to deal with shipping it back only to get a broken watch in return again so I will likely just have to buy something else.
on May 30, 2016
This is my second Eco-Drive Citizen watch. I still own and love my original (a little more dressy Eco-Drive). This watch is a great size in terms of diameter and thickness. Feels great on the wrist. I debated swapping out the band for a black leather band (even before it arrived in the mail), but now that I have been wearing it for a week, I have realized that I love the green band. Comfortable and lightweight. Dries quickly after a shower too.

The watch doesn't have a lot of fancy functions. Simply chronograph, and date. Of course it is also solar charged, but that goes without saying for Eco-Drives. And the simplicity is what I really like about this watch.

For anyone who has not owned a solar-powered Eco-Drive watch, it is the real deal when it comes to battery (or lack of) and life-long power. For this thing to lose a charge, it would have to be a very dark room for weeks on end. Casual wear (inside and out) or even sitting on a dresser in a room with some amount of light will keep this charged. I have NEVER seen my older Eco-Drive lose charge. And I keep it in a closet when not wearing it where the only light it gets is from fluorescent ceiling lights.

I recommend this watch.
on July 11, 2010
Update: January 30, 2017
Well after 6 and a half years of using this watch I have to say I couldn't be more impressed. It finally stopped holding a charge. I have been on 3 deployments with this watch and it has been with me in all kind of climates from humid to dry, Africa summer to Alaska Winter. I have never had any issue (aside from the band not being quite as adjustable as I would prefer). I am ordering another one to replace it which should last me what is left in my military career. This is a fantastic watch and if you are not sure whether or not to get it, I advise you to pull the trigger and order it. I love it.

Original post: July 15, 2010
I purchased this watch about a month ago. I am very pleased with the purchase and have only two things to comment on.

The strap length, it is a bit short and I would say I have average size wrists for a 6'0" guy. That being said I buckle it into the 2nd hole from the end.I would prefer it to be 1 maybe 2 more inside but then you would have that overhang so I have learned to appreciate it.

The strap color. In the picture it appears to be a tan tinted olive drab when in fact it is a very full green olive drab. I like it better but yeah it looks a bit different than it does in the picture.

All and all it is a quality watch and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I would definetly recommend this watch.
on May 24, 2017
A fine watch that meets my needs. Nice enough for dressy occasions, study enough for everyday use. I spend most of my day indoors and I was worried the watch would not get enough light to stay charged. That has not been the case - it's held a charge just fine on mostly indoor lights.

I replaced the band with a nylon strap. More comfortable for my wrist.
on September 19, 2017
I am a very pragmatic person. The many years I have spent it the military have made me such. So, this military inspired watch appealed to me. It is very basic, with the added chronograph, and the Eco Drive concept. I love it because of the small profile that does not get in the way. It is a reliable watch that I never have to wind. The luminosity of the dial is not great, but it is good enough. This is the most fundamental of watches I can find on the market. If you want style, buy for style. I want the basics. This watch is it.
on July 31, 2017
This is a great watch for casual weekends, and when you want a more rugged look. I wear a nicer watch to work, but this has become my go-to for the weekend and after hours excursions. The display is very easy to read, and the chronograph works great!.

I have noticed that it runs about 1 second fast per week, but this is easily corrected with a quick time check.
on August 15, 2017
I like this watch a lot, good looking and pretty easy to set up. As for the band, I'm going to have to wear it for awhile and see if it breaks in some before I can rate it, its very stiff for one thing and will see how it wears.
on March 5, 2014
I love this watch. Among the many reviews I read, the negative reviews did not deter me from looking back at this little beauty numerous times. I received my watch as a surprise from my incredible girlfriend and love wearing it and am pleased to look at it every time I have it on. I own a few other EcoDrive Citizen's and I will End up with others over the years. My all time favorite feature is the solar charging provided with these watches. With nominal maintenance these are some of the greatest time pieces ever created. Thank you babydoll for by far one of the greatest gifts I have ever recieved.
on June 25, 2013
I don't write a lot of reviews, but when a product is very good or very bad I will. I really love this watch! I love to buy things that get the job done and are very efficient at doing it for the least amount of money possible. I have a honda moped that I drive to work everyday and it gets 105mpg and has never had an problem with it... a manual reel mower and lawn aerator that makes my lawn look great... and this Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph Canvas Watch! This watch keeps perfect time and never needs a battery!!! I was always buying batteries for my old watches at least once a year and that got very old. Never again! Things that make this watch great are:
1. The big numbers that are easy to read.
2. The bright luminous paint on the hands
3. Water proof to 100 meters
4. Cool chronograph timer
5. Date window
6. Looks great and keeps perfect time
7. Eco-Drive never needs a battery!!!
I have super fat wrists and the band that came with this watch looks very cool but it didn't even come close to fitting me.... but thanks to Amazon's reviews a lot of other people mentioned this as well so I knew that going into this purchase. Do yourself a favor and buy a nice Zulu Nato watch band for this watch in 20mm It will fit perfect!!! Only costs about $10 on Amazon. "The original band is easy to take off and it is a 21mm but the 20mm replacement bands will fit it perfect!!! No gaps!!!" I will keep this watch for a very very long time! Get one!!! You're a MAN and you DESERVE IT!!! Life's too short to wear a $20 cheepo watch!!!!!!
on March 31, 2013
I am pretty particular about the aesthetics of a watch so in a sense, my review and rating for this watch is somewhat biased. First off, I do not like overly shiny or showy watches. I like my watches to be aesthetically pleasing but not over the top, almost function over form. Kind of like a Subaru. Anyhow, the photos on Amazon are pretty misleading because it shows the case and bezel being an almost matte gray finish. In reality, this is a very shiny watch. It was too showy for my tastes, so I eventually returned it and got a Seiko SNDA65 instead.

Functionally, this watch is great. It keeps time very accurately and the dial is uncluttered and high in contrast, which makes it very easy to read. The lume is fantastic and will keep illuminated in the dark for a very long period of time. I did not like the chronograph start and reset buttons at all. There was absolutely no positive feedback when they were pressed and seemed very "squishy" when pressed, which to me, does not convey a sense of quality. The crown is excellent and extends far enough that it is easy to grip and adjust the time and date when needed. No complaints there. The strap that comes with the watch is another shortcoming of this particular timepiece. I find the band to be very rough and stiff. Perhaps there is a break-in period in order for the strap the soften up. The strap was actually irritating my skin. Another shortcoming with the band is that it is not very adjustable. The holes are pretty far apart so for me, the watch was either too loose or too tight. If only there was an in between.

Overall, this watch is decent for the money. It keeps time accurately and the chronograph works as it should. I didn't like the aesthetics of the case and bezel (too shiny for me), the chronograph buttons were too squishy for my tastes, and the band lacked adjustability and was uncomfortable. Because of these, I returned the watch upon receiving the Seiko SNDA65, which I absolutely love (it does all of the above right in my book).