Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 29, 2014
I bought this watch Dec of 2013 and have worn it everyday since. It's been banged on doorknobs and dropped several times and is still ticking. It was with me as I paddled 1200 miles down the Mississippi River this summer, were it was submerged several times daily. You will be fine swimming and showering with it on. I swapped the canvas strap for a black rubber strap. I've never made a conscious effort to charge it and it has been working fine, even during the winter months. It keeps very accurate time. The face is easy to read while telling time or looking at the date, but the sub-dial that shows elapsed minutes is tricky to read accurately, I don't use the chrono very often though. I personally find the 24-hour sub-dial pointless. You'll probably pick up some scratches on the crystal if you are working in it and coming into contact with things often. All-in-all, I really like this watch, it's a good size, durable, low maintenance, not flashy and worth the money. Go ahead and get it.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on July 6, 2017
The watch itself is great. The movement is good and it keeps accurate time. The strap that comes with it is very robust. It's a bit on the small side or I have big wrists, but I expected it to be a bit bigger than it is. That said, the strap would last forever. I ended up putting a leather Nato style on it, but not because of any problem with the original. The illumination works well and lasts a decent amount of time for a short burst of a flashlight on it. It's doing the best it can with the "friendly" material they have to use today. I knocked off a star because of the band sizing and the fact that the big red hand is for the stopwatch ONLY. The second hand for the watch is a small dial on the bottom. I'm not sure how I missed that in the description, but that nice big long red arm is for the stopwatch. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a nice, simple watch that you don't have to wind or replace batteries.
on August 9, 2017
I was initially very happy with the look and function of the watch. However, a month or so after I got it it started stopping in the middle of the night for no reason, despite having plenty of time in the sun to charge. The stopwatch also stopped resetting to 12 and would move all around the face. The face also scratches and chips easily. I sent the watch back for warranty repair, which was done in a couple of weeks. About a week after I got the watch back it stopped in the night again. I am disappointed with the quality of the watch and believe they should have fixed it right or offered a replacement. I don't want to deal with shipping it back only to get a broken watch in return again so I will likely just have to buy something else.
on March 19, 2017
I've had this watch for about 6 years now. I've had to replace the band (actually, I've gone through a couple - but I'm really not easy on them), and the chronograph is a little out of alignment, but other than that it still looks great and works perfectly.

I wear this watch often in daily settings, but also when I go camping, hiking, kayaking, etc. and it has held up beautifully. I still get compliments on it, and it i's really nice to never change a battery!
on June 9, 2013
I got this watch from Amazon just over two weeks ago. I bought it at a very good discount from retail after reading many of the Amazon customer reviews. The watch looks sporty in an everyday wear kind of way, it's not sheek or elegant as it is sold as a sport watch and that's what it is. The numerals are painted in white that do not glow, however, the reverence dots around the dial do glow as do all the hands, the luminecence lasts a pretty long time.

The crystal seems a bit thin, although I did slightly bang it 2 or 3 times with no scratch, cracking or sign of trauma of any sort. The two buttons operate the chronograph which is measured by the red hand and the upper left 60 minute dial. You can only measure up to 60 minutes then the chron stops and resets. Also, the 60 minute dial is quite small and somewhat hard to read. This chronograph is intended to measure elapsed time when preciseness is not so important, basically just an approximation such as a parking meter or the timing of a boring staff meeting. One positive, the movement of your hand and arm should not accidently trigger the chronograph to start or stop unintentionally, I actually tried to make it do so by bending my hand up toward my wrist but was unable to activate the chron. I think this is due to the strategically placed crown guard.

My watch has only gained 1.5 seconds in the 17 days I've had it, I've worn it everyday in what I would consider normal conditions. I like the 24 hour dial at the upper right, and for those folks who are sticklers for the hands matching up with the reference points, this watch makes the grade, the 24 hour hand included.

The green nylon and leather backed band gives the watch a very military style. You will have to want a watch with such a band to keep it, otherwise, like me you'll want to swap it out with a more traditional leather band. The lugs measure 20mm, but I put a 22mm that squeezed on just fine. The watch case is exactly 38mm not including the crown or guard, for me that is the PERFECT size. The watch seems to have a style in which just about any sport band placed on it would look good, black or brown. The case is a brushed stainless steel EXCEPT for the narrow bezel which is glossy so it keeps that sporty or military look.

I recommend this watch if it meets your criteria, style and personality. It is worth the $135.00 price and I have no regrets buying it whatsoever. The only real improvement I might suggest if Citizens came to me, would be the seemingly thin crystal.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on May 30, 2016
This is my second Eco-Drive Citizen watch. I still own and love my original (a little more dressy Eco-Drive). This watch is a great size in terms of diameter and thickness. Feels great on the wrist. I debated swapping out the band for a black leather band (even before it arrived in the mail), but now that I have been wearing it for a week, I have realized that I love the green band. Comfortable and lightweight. Dries quickly after a shower too.

The watch doesn't have a lot of fancy functions. Simply chronograph, and date. Of course it is also solar charged, but that goes without saying for Eco-Drives. And the simplicity is what I really like about this watch.

For anyone who has not owned a solar-powered Eco-Drive watch, it is the real deal when it comes to battery (or lack of) and life-long power. For this thing to lose a charge, it would have to be a very dark room for weeks on end. Casual wear (inside and out) or even sitting on a dresser in a room with some amount of light will keep this charged. I have NEVER seen my older Eco-Drive lose charge. And I keep it in a closet when not wearing it where the only light it gets is from fluorescent ceiling lights.

I recommend this watch.
on July 11, 2010
Update: January 30, 2017
Well after 6 and a half years of using this watch I have to say I couldn't be more impressed. It finally stopped holding a charge. I have been on 3 deployments with this watch and it has been with me in all kind of climates from humid to dry, Africa summer to Alaska Winter. I have never had any issue (aside from the band not being quite as adjustable as I would prefer). I am ordering another one to replace it which should last me what is left in my military career. This is a fantastic watch and if you are not sure whether or not to get it, I advise you to pull the trigger and order it. I love it.

Original post: July 15, 2010
I purchased this watch about a month ago. I am very pleased with the purchase and have only two things to comment on.

The strap length, it is a bit short and I would say I have average size wrists for a 6'0" guy. That being said I buckle it into the 2nd hole from the end.I would prefer it to be 1 maybe 2 more inside but then you would have that overhang so I have learned to appreciate it.

The strap color. In the picture it appears to be a tan tinted olive drab when in fact it is a very full green olive drab. I like it better but yeah it looks a bit different than it does in the picture.

All and all it is a quality watch and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I would definetly recommend this watch.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on May 24, 2017
A fine watch that meets my needs. Nice enough for dressy occasions, study enough for everyday use. I spend most of my day indoors and I was worried the watch would not get enough light to stay charged. That has not been the case - it's held a charge just fine on mostly indoor lights.

I replaced the band with a nylon strap. More comfortable for my wrist.
on September 19, 2017
I am a very pragmatic person. The many years I have spent it the military have made me such. So, this military inspired watch appealed to me. It is very basic, with the added chronograph, and the Eco Drive concept. I love it because of the small profile that does not get in the way. It is a reliable watch that I never have to wind. The luminosity of the dial is not great, but it is good enough. This is the most fundamental of watches I can find on the market. If you want style, buy for style. I want the basics. This watch is it.
on July 31, 2017
This is a great watch for casual weekends, and when you want a more rugged look. I wear a nicer watch to work, but this has become my go-to for the weekend and after hours excursions. The display is very easy to read, and the chronograph works great!.

I have noticed that it runs about 1 second fast per week, but this is easily corrected with a quick time check.