Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Top Contributor: Chesson March 25, 2014
I originally bought this watch as a stop-gap because the Citizen Skyhawk I wanted was over twice as much in price (in the end, I ended up getting the Skyhawk anyway). However, I kept this watch and it has grown on me with time. The dial is not a deep red as Amazon's picture may suggest. I would characterize it more as a textured brown in color. The finish on the bracelet is a lightly brushed stainless which means it doesn't stick out like a large chrome bumper. However, the bezel and case are finished a bit more brightly. The bezel has a smooth, crisp click and everything seems manufactured to exacting specs. The Citizen eco-drive means this is a naturally low-maintenance watch, worthy of consideration for anyone looking for a rugged Chrono that rarely requires a battery replacement.
55 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 29, 2012
This is a very solid, versatile watch. It's stylings are towards the sport end of things, but there's no reason you couldn't wear it with a suit to work (obviously, if your workplace is overly stuffy, that may not apply).

It feels very sturdy on the wrist, and the brown looks better than you would anticipate. It's attractive in just about any setting, but something about low light really makes it look gorgeous.

It doesn't have all the premium features (sapphire, titanium, perpetual date, extra bells and whistles, dive certified) but good luck finding all that in a sub-$200 chronograph watch with quartz accuracy that never needs the batteries changed.
on January 21, 2014
This is my second Citizen. My first is a titanium diver. Over 7 years old and still works, still looks great. Wanted a watch with a little more shine. So I bought this one at a great price on Amazon. Both watches are Eco-drive and I would buy nothing else. Never worry about batteries. This watch is very sharp. Everything you need, nothing you don't. The brown face is classy. This watch can be worn with a suit or with jeans and a t-shirt. Comfortable and accurate. Lots of comments. At this price for a Citizen Eco-drive? What are you waiting for?
on August 9, 2010
I am very pleased with the Citizen AT0810-55x Eco-Drive watch. I checked it out in the local department store first then purchased it from Amazon at a much cheaper price. This is a sports watch, but it is pretty stylish too. The brown and black dial looks much better in person than the pictures on the website depict. The color is what sold me, you don't see brown dials too often in nicer watches.
22 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2015
This watch is a simple easy to operate basic analog wristwatch. It feels quite sturdy, it looks great, and it feels substantial on your wrist. As far as durability goes that remains to be seen. I really like the double locking wrist band, it's comfortable and easy to adjust. The main attraction to this watch for me was the fact that it needs no batteries it's solar powered. When I received the watch I first put it under a desk lamp for 3 hours to get it to a full charge and it worked fine after that. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another unless I found the creep who took it.

The second hand, I wanted a watch where the second hand works like any other clock or watch, constantly. It does not.

The date is really too small, I can barely read the numbers. In addition, the dates are not right so each month you have to reset the date. It's not a really big deal but you have to stay on top of it.
on September 4, 2014
I was a little concerned buying a $200+ watch without seeing it first person, but as soon as I opened the box my fears were relieved. Yes the tachymeter numbers are pretty small, but readable if necessary, and even the date is a little small but only for reading in dim light. Not a problem for me as my memory is still sharp enough to remember the date once I look at it in the morning. The brown face is even better looking than I thought it would be. Everything about this watch makes me think of quality and craftsmanship, especially compared to my Invicta. Overall, a very classy timepiece, and a warranty of five years? The jeweler that removed a few links from my band said Citizen has the best warranty in the watch business.
on April 27, 2014
I gave this watch to my husband for his birthday and the picture on here does not justify how nice the watch really is. The watch came packaged really nicely and the color of the watch is really unique. My husband gets compliments on the watch all the time. It is a solid watch and is easy to have sized up or down. It also glows in the dark which I did not know when I bought it.
on November 27, 2015
If you want to have a GOOD TIME you must have a good watch... I mean this ain't no Rolex but ummm, women always notice it; usually grabbing my arm to get a closer look. Looks nice... I love the brown face and the arms and dials glow if you come from outside to a dark room inside. I love this watch.
on September 23, 2013
I became interested in the Citizen Eco-Drive after purchasing one for my daughter last Christmas. Never having to replace a battery is great! This watch looks very good. As mentioned in another review the brown face looks great and can't be appreciated in the Amazon picture. It is also just the right size. The tendency these days is for huge watches. This one is larger than the average watch from 10 years ago but not too big.
on January 4, 2015
I bought this watch for my college aged son. He loves it! He was only looking for a watch so I will not be able to comment on the other features since he hasn't used them. This is his first "real" watch and he loves the fact that he will never have to replace the battery and that if he accidentally forgets to take it off before going in the water it won't be a problem. I was able to resize it on my own after watching a video so he was able to wear it on Christmas day which he was excited to do. It is a very sharp looking watch and I highly recommend it. As other reviews have mentioned, I love the brown and black color combination on the face.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.