Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Case diameter : 46 mm
- Sport-minded round watch in black with green skeleton hands and accents featuring three sub-dials, date window at 4 o'clock, and low-energy Bluetooth 4.0 compatible with recent iPhone models when paired with the free Citizen app
- Eco-Drive Japanese Quartz movement charges in natural or indoor light. Durable mineral crystal.
- Features automatic time and date sync, iPhone search, perpetual calendar, 12- and 24-hour times, dual power-reserve indicator, luminosity, stopwatch
- Perforated nylon-backed leather band with buckle
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft): in general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not diving
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
New items from Citizen
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 3.9 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0089SWC6U
- Item model number: AT7035-01E
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 6, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||45 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||14.5 millimeters|
|Band Material||leather with nylon backing|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||22 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Special features||Second hand, Chronograph, dual-Time-display, Luminous, Stop watch|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Since different user have different setup, so I am going to detail what I have, and what my experience is.
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB running iOS 8.1.2
I purchased the watch from Amazon (not third party seller) came loaded with 18.104.22.168 Firmware. (Purchase made Dec 2014)
You can tell by the little dot indentation by the end of the Serial Number String.
With this Firmware, you can update the Firmware with the iOS app. (please note, this watch does not work with Android at all, don't even try)
DO NOT download or use the previous version of the app, which the icon has a white background
ONLY use this one app called "Citizen Eco-Drive Proximity 2.5" at the app store, the icon has blue background
1. Once you've install the app, make sure your bluetooth radio is turned on with the iPhone, AND your phone has to be plugged in (even with more than 50% charged).
2. Now, pull the crown on the watch, just the first "click", not all the way, and turn the crown until you see the lower dial goes to "PR"
(if it is already in PR mode, you still have to pull the crown at first click, and push it back to "restart" the PR mode)
3. Push the dial back all the way, and now your watch is ready to be connected.
(DO NOT try to pair your watch using the Bluetooth function with iOS if you have firmware 22.214.171.124 and lower!)
4. Now, launch the Citizen Eco-Drive Proximity 2.5 app
5. If the app does not automatically try to check the firmware, click on "Check for Update" manually.
6. The app now will try to connect to the watch and detect if the watch is at 126.96.36.199.
7. For my case, it is at 188.8.131.52, so it will prompt me if I want to update to 184.108.40.206.
8. Since most likely, the watch was sitting inside the packaging for all these time, it might not have enough charge from light, so the app will also tells you you don't have enough charge and cannot perform the update.
For me, to resolve this, I just let the watch sit under some strong light source, (for myself, I use one of those small LED flashlight, let it shine directly to the watch for 2 hr)
Now it should have enough charge (if not, "light charge" it again for longer)
Start from Step #1 again, for me, it will start updating the firmware when you have enough juice in the battery from light.
It takes around 10 minutes to complete the update, and the reason why the app need the phone to be plugged in for this process is because it will keep the iPhone screen on for the entire process.
Once the process is done, make sure it is in PR mode, pull the crown at first click, and push it back to "restart" the PR mode.
NOW, go to your iPhone bluetooth settings, and pair your watch, now you're ready.
1. It DOES NOT automatically reconnect if disconnected, always need to be manually reconnect. Manual reconnect always connect with exception (see #5 below)
Update: PLEASE NOTE, when reconnect, always press the upper button, and count 3-4 seconds, if the seconds hand didn't move to ACT indicating reconnection process is undergoing, release the button and try again. DO NOT press the upper button for longer than 6 seconds as that will wipe the bluetooth pairing information on the watch.
2. It randomly disconnected 2 times over 24 hrs, and was able to reconnect by pressing on the upper button for 3 seconds
3. It WILL disconnect after 6 hrs, this is by design, and you can always reconnect by pressing on the upper button for 3 seconds
4. It WILL disconnect if the iPhone is more than around 5-6 feet away from the watch.
5. If it is disconnected, DO NOT (remember DO NOT) try to connect using your iPhone's bluetooth settings (by clicking on "Eco-Drive Proximity" item on your bluetooth setting). If you do, it will NEVER connects again until you power cycle your bluetooth radio on your iPhone (turn off and on). After that, click on the upper button to reconnect.
6. If the seconds (as in time, not seconds as in numbers) hand stays at LL mode indicating Loss Link, press lower button for 3 seconds, so it will go back to normal seconds reporting, then, press on upper button for 3 seconds to reconnect.
7. The stitches on the underside of the watch band is not too comfortable, kinda scratches me, but that's okay, I can always change the band if needed
8. The charge level remain "FULL" from the indicator after 24hrs. (I turned off mail notification since I got way too many ad mails)
9. I tried to adjust the time on my iPhone (switch to different time zone), the watch syncs with the time on the iPhone right away when I click on "General" to navigate away from the Date Time Setting.
To summarize my experience, it connects to my phone most of the time, I only need to manually reconnect when it turns off after 6 hrs (by design to save electrons) and that 2 random disconnect. (the random disconnect didn't happen again the following day)
Of course I need to manually reconnect when I intentionally walked away from my iPhone with my watch (it was a test).
My experience with this watch at Firmware 220.127.116.11 seems to be okay.
Again, your watch will NOT connect with iOS8 if you're running firmware 18.104.22.168 and below.
If you have 22.214.171.124, try update the firmware
If you have anything below 126.96.36.199, I would suggest returning it or send to Citizen for the firmware update.
Please also refer to the manual below if you have been using the older app and already paired (or other scenarios)
1-The wristband should be a bit longer , I use the first hole and it a bit tight , I hope it loosen up a little with time.
2- Firmware issue , mine was vr.2.0 and the manual says that I should use the blue app and upgrade my watch to Vr. 2.5 , unfortunately mine refused to connect to the blue app , so I went to the old White app and it recognized the watch and got connected , I searched the web for some answers but couldn't find any , the manual says that the watch should appear under devices in bluetooth setting of my iPhone just like a regular BT device , But it didn't , The old app (White icon ) was responsible of recognize the watch and display the pair request message not the iOS. ...... Thanks God I found a work around way to upgrade the firmware to Vr. 2.5 ,... I downloaded the 2 apps (Blue2.5 & White ) on my phone and connected the watch to the old app then opened the new app at the same time (the manual prohibited this action ) I found the status Connected , scroled down to firmware update and started the process while the 2 apps are connected and it went through , i don't know how but that what just happened , I started a fresh pairing proceed and guess what ,Now the watch appears under BT setting of my iPhone just lie a regular BT device ,
with Vr. 2.5 the watch connects to the phone much better even without running the app and lots of new alerts options .
On the other hand,
1. Why is the watch so imprecise on its own? Don't sync for a day, and the seconds are already off vs the phone. Does it absolutely depend on the connection to the phone for the proper time?
2. If so... Why does it cut off the connection after only 6 hours, with no way to change this limit? It's an Eco-Drive; a 24/7 connection should have been no sweat. Is Citizen worried about my phone's battery? Let *me* worry about that and charge my phone when it needs charging. Don't force arbitrary limits on me! Bluetooth 4.0 should minimize power drain, unless Citizen isn't actually using BT4 features...
3. But then again... Bluetooth connection with an iPhone 5 is iffy. Good luck getting to 6 hours without the connection dying.
4. Why is the vibration so pathetic?
5. Is there really no way for it to notify me of SMS?
Sigh. I don't know if an upgrade to the app can fix some of these. I sure hope so.
I think when someone spends their good money on something the updates and everything should be done prior to the item being shipped out. This simply wastes time for both parties and extra cost for the company.
Most recent customer reviews
Eco-drive Solar Power with a large reserve -a smartwatch you never have to worry about plugging-in.
Attractive housing, design, and color.Read more