Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 14, 2014
I asked my wife to purchase this watch as I was tiring of looking at my cellphone to check the time. I hadn't worn a watch in a number of years, so I hadn't kept up with all of the technology options that were available. It didn't take long for me to hone in on a "set it and forget it option" and quickly narrowed down to a watch that needed neither winding nor frequent battery changes. The Citizen Eco-drive, being powered by light (sun or indoor) seemed like a good option to bypass the issues with batteries. Looking through what Citizen had to offer, I quickly locked in on the atomic clock "Radio Controlled" options which automatically adjust once per day (or manually as desired) to ensure that the time indicated is correct. With this in mind, I further narrowed my list down to one of the H800 movement watches as I didn't really need for an alarm built into my watch, but as a frequent traveler I did like the idea of being able to adjust the time zone based on the city/airport where you were located.

The order was placed for a AT8013-17E and three days later, my watch arrived. Pictures online really do not convey the quality of this timepiece and its looks elegant enough to wear when dressing up but is also fine for everyday causal use. I have had it for 2 months so far and still really enjoy it. Knowing that the time will be correct thanks to nightly updates, that the battery won't die thanks to the Eco-drive, and that the watch is easy to reset as one travels really makes it the perfect watch for me at least.

The only opportunity for this watch is possibly the butterfly clasp for those not use to them like myself, though I acclimated to in a couple of days.
6 helpful votes
on February 18, 2013
The watch is a subtle, classy addition to my wrist. The weight and case size is just right. I have had no problems with synchronizing the watch with the atomic clock radio out of Colorado here in Minnesota. The chronograph and time-zone setting work very easily without much of a learning curve.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
on October 8, 2014
This is a beautiful watch. It's my first Citizen and the technology on this thing is incredible. I've never had to watch a video or read an instruction manual to use a watch before, but you definitely must with this one. But setup is not difficult, you just have to watch the video, pause it at the appropriate points, follow the steps and then it's done.

And that's the beautiful part. Once it's done, it's DONE. No more adjusting the number for the day of the month if it was only a 30 day month, or after February. No more lost time. Ever. It's a very accurate time piece even without the radio control functionality, but it uses the radio signal from Colorado (here in the States) to reset to the atomic clock every morning at like 2am. The time is always precise and perfect.

And I love not having a battery. I had surgery a few days before I received this watch and haven't had a chance to be outdoors doing my normal activities. So after a few days of wearing it inside, occasionally hobbling outside for a few brief minutes, I wondered if it was charging sufficiently. Read in the manual how to check the charge, did so, no problem. Fully charged.

And the chrono function works beautifully. I had to have a chrono, I'm an exercise therapist and I time people in some of our exercises (hold for a minute, that kind of thing). The chrono functionality is easy to use and the hand is very clear, white against the black background.

It's a beautiful watch, the most expensive one I've purchased yet but I'm glad I did.
on April 5, 2014
I like this watch but I am a little disappointed in the appearance of the burnished gold.
This is my second Citizen. My first worked for me for years and brought me to my second Citizen watch.
I love the atomic time-keeping accuracy and the eco battery, great features. I just have to give
this watch a four star review because of the so-so appearance of the gold trim. It is less than what I
expected and saw in the advertising pictures. I will not be returning the watch and I definitely would buy another Citizen just not this model.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on April 30, 2015
I do like the overall look of the watch. It is elegant but not too ostentatious. The five+one-year warranty is a nice plus. I would have given it more stars but: (1) it is actually rather hard to see the time since the face or glass is very reflective and the hands are tiny, blending into the busy background dials, (2) as was evident before I bought it, the luminous hands are anemic and it really has to be black in the room and your eyes accustomed to darkness before you can see them and (3) even Superman would have trouble deciphering the letters on the inner dials, like those indicating the days of the week. Still, the watch is a cool piece of electronics. I like, for example, the way the second hand stops moving when the watch is in a drawer, presumably to conserve energy, and then returns to the correct stop upon having light hit the face.
on May 20, 2013
I love this watch. It is superior to my previous Citizen watch in that it is covenient to change the time zones anywhere in the world. This is an outstanting feature for a frequent traveler. The previous version had the two option time zone, and difficult to change for multiple time zones.
8 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 2, 2014
I don't usually review products I've owned only one day, but I'll make an exception for this watch. It's big, bold, and elegant. That's not a negative for me, but It was a bit of a surprise just how big it is, in both diameter and thickness, compared to other wristwatches I've owned. I'm even able to read the date without my glasses! I love how the dial shimmers in shifting light, like spokes of a wheel going around, and I appreciate the luminescent hands (not mentioned in the description of the watch). The atomic time in the US, Europe, and East Asia, plus the solar battery were features I wanted, and this has both. The leather box the watch came in seemed way too large. It would be a great box for men's jewelry if the insert that held the watch could be removed, but I haven't found any way to do that. Also, I couldn't find any instructions (maybe they're under the insert in the box that I can't seem to remove), so I downloaded them from the citizenswatch web site. But even those don't tell how to operate the "deployment clasp" on the band. For that, I had to google it to find a YouTube video. Now that I know how to operate it, I like the band, which is comfortable and beautiful brown crocodile leather. The gold case and numerals are flawless.
6 helpful votes
on November 10, 2013
This is a stunning watch. I'm a long time owner of world-time watches and love the simplicity of its' design and usability. I had considered another Navihawk, but since I don't really use all of the alarm functions found on the other chronograph watches, this suits me perfectly. After all, what are phones for these days?
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on January 11, 2015
Although i have only owned this watch for a couple of weeks I am most pleased with its performance and appearance. Later this week I will be able to test its time zone change capabilities.
2 helpful votes
on October 1, 2014
This was my first foray into the more low end luxury watch and I am pleased. Haven't used it in a while so it took a few hours to recharge and now is working great. The face is very attractive and once I figured out the band, I liked the mechanism as it doesn't accidentally fall while you're unbuckling it.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.