Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 244 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 294 reviews
on December 25, 2014
Great watch, crummy band.

The watch itself is fabulous. I was comparing this to the Skyhawk, and I'm really glad I went with this one. First, it's closer to a reasonable size. 43mm vs. 45mm makes a lot of difference. The face is less busy and more classic, and most importantly this watch has a sapphire crystal. I cannot emphasize how important that can be if you plan to wear this often.

I love the atomic time and the time zone support. It's fantastic to know the watch is always accurate. I live in the suburbs in NC, a long way away from the station in Denver, and it updates most every night. It's not every single night, but it's more than frequent enough to stay accurate (6 nights out of 7).

If I can give you one piece if advice... Stop looking at this one and get the version with the stainless steel bracelet. The band is utter crap. I've never seen a watch where the buckle has sharp edges on the inside, but now I've seen it all. Your options with this band are to wear it so loose that the watch constantly rotates around your wrist, or suffer the sharp edges of the buckle digging into your inner wrist. Those are your options.

Get this watch. It's great. But get the version with the bracelet like I should have.

Update 3JAN15:

I couldn't stand the stock band any longer, so I replaced it. For those of you that are curious, Hadley-Roma makes a blue 24MM silicone strap that fits perfectly, matches and is incredibly comfortable. Amazon sells it for less than $20 and it makes this watch perfect. It baffles me why Citizen would make such a great watch with such an uncomfortable watch/buckle, but it's easily remedied and you end up with a really great watch. The watch does have a 23MM lug width, but the spring bars are curved and a flexible 24MM band fits well and looks great.
88 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2017
This watch is awesome. I hesitated about the leather band due to the negative reviews, but I wanted a more casual look. The watch mechanism itself is amazing; I'm still trying to figure it out but it is all good. Just remember to charge it before you set it up! The leather band is good. I love the blue and gold aspect matching the Blue Angels color. My band was a little stiff on arrival, but just wear it for a few days. After the leather has a chance to form to your wrist, it is very comfortable. A great watch at a really good price!
on April 20, 2017
I'm really happy with this watch and Citizen Eco-Drives in general, I now have three. I am 61 years old and have owned mostly Timex and Casio watches until 2001. I received my first Citizen watch Christmas of 2001 as a gift and it has not lost a minute in 16 years of hard wear. My second Citizen watch, I purchased because of the significant discount in a duty free shop in 2008 while on a cruise. I purchased this new Blue Angel watch to treat myself and celebrate a new job. I've only encountered a couple problems with the Citizen Sky Hawk I bought in 2008. For some reason, I have found it on two different occasions having had lost all power and it's a pain to charge back up and reset. I know the watch was not under charged as when not on my wrist the watch is always right next to another Citizen with a battery indicator. I specifically opted for the analog version of this watch as I no longer need the alarms or world time options. I would highly recommend any Citizen light powered watch, you never need worry about a battery and they are accurate to a tee. I do not work for Citizen or Amazon and I do not receive any compensation for this review.
on April 4, 2013
Been looking around for a blue color theme watch, and this watch provides the looks and the features.
I have uploaded some wrist pictures so that you will get an idea how it looks like.
the yellow streak and inner part of the leather band gives a touch of uniqueness.
The watch is quite easy to set, just need to read the manual... not so challenging.
77 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2015
I bought 1st generation Navyhawk during my college days in 1996. I got tired with it after couple of years. I threw it in boiling water for hours, it survived. I freezed it in liquid nitrogen, it survived. Finally I opened up the back and electrocuted at over 2000V using gel electrophoresis voltage supply, it survived. Now 19 years later it gave up probably because, I believe, the oil/grease in the movement dried up from my experimentation. So I bought Blue Angels Atomic watch and I love it. I am not planning to be a mad scientist with it....I am old now!!!
on March 26, 2017
I absolutely love this watch although i read many complaints regarding the band biting your wrist. I have not had that problem.... The only issue was setting the time and date. The instructions should of said "Need a Degree in Japanese Phyisics to set the time".... Thank God for Youtube . I was able to follow along with the gentleman from Sydney. The youtube was re-setting to zero Citizen AT8020, make sure you get the gentleman from Sydney very easy to follow and trust me there are about 19 steps you will have to do with him if your watch comes with wrong time. I tried leaving it out 48 hours for the auto re-set but it didn't happen. Now once its set, its "Set it and forget it".... the radio control sets every night if off time between 2 and 4 am (EST). I am very happy with it. Ghe first 24 hours not so much lol just have patience (which i have none)
on August 15, 2015
My dream watch until I purchased this watch was a Breitling Navitimer. But this watch quenched my thirst for a Breitling. Excellent Watch. I got this watch for a Steal @ $262 during 2014 Holiday season, and I couldn't be happier with the product. I already have a Citizen Men's JY0000-53E "Skyhawk A-T" Eco-Drive Watch that I got a steal from Amazon, but this watch is a notch above in terms of beauty and elegance. Being a Blue Angels collection is a plus. If I have to pick nits on this watch, it is the strap as many have already mentioned. The strap is mislabeled as Genuine Leather P, but I believe in Citizen's lingo, it is a leatherette. Citizen could have been explicit and clearly stated the product description, instead of deceiving the customers. But all in all, its a great product and I will recommend to any watch enthusiast.
on April 2, 2014
This watch is a work of art. I have owned several citizen watches, and loved them all. The quality and beauty of this watch surpasses them all. So the watch is five stars. The problem is the band. It is junk! It looks nice, but it has has a cheap plastic backing that split the first time I wore it. It is very fragile material and just glued together with some stitching. A replacement band is $50. This is a $550 watch. For gosh sakes, you'd think Citizen could put a decent quality band on this watch. What a disappointment. Buy the model with the metal band instead. It is a lot heavier, but at least it will last more than a few days before falling apart. I rate the band zero stars.
1515 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
This watch was almost a five star. Easy to set - yes it is true! The instruction book matches the watch buttons and the buttons do what they are supposed to. Easy to set date, time, day of the week. I have not used the radio control function as I am not 'in range' but I will test this function on a trip to Japan soon. It did work happily in Japan, too.

The markings on the face are high quality and the second hand hits each mark precisely. This is a good sign of quality. The yellow and blue looks good with the highly polished steel case. The band looks a little paler than shown in the photos so it does not look quite as good as it ought (in my opinion) to match the quality of the case and face. Overall though it seemed to be an excellent watch.

Unfortunately in April 2015 the watch started to randomly gain or lose time and even the date. This was completely random and not related to the setting of the watch. It was sent to Citizen in Australia for assessment and repair. Citizen advised today that they are unable to repair the watch. The consultant could not tell me exactly what the watchmaker had said but apparently the necessary parts to repair this watch are unavailable - this may be a problem peculiar to Australia. Anyway, a day later Citizen advised they could fix it after all and I can have it back on Monday....
on February 25, 2017
I was extremely reluctant to buy this watch b/c i have a half-dozen already -- several of them Citizens -- and just could not justify it. But i eventually pulled the trigger figuring that if it didn't blow me away i would send it back. Well, i am not parting with this watch. It's beautiful to look at and, once i finally figured out how to set the time/features -- nothing easy about this, unfortunately -- it works flawlessly. (After spending way too much time trying to figure out the instructions from the website, i finally called customer service and a very helpful woman walked me through the whole set-up process in about 15 minutes. This is a watch that is literally impossible to figure out based on intuition/guess work, my stand-bys.) The watch gets a radio signal every night at 2:00 a.m. and it is accurate to the second. It is solar powered, so never needs a battery. A lot of folks have complained about the band, but i think it looks/feels great, and have no intention of changing it out. My favorite watch, by a mile.