Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 25, 2014
Great watch, crummy band.

The watch itself is fabulous. I was comparing this to the Skyhawk, and I'm really glad I went with this one. First, it's closer to a reasonable size. 43mm vs. 45mm makes a lot of difference. The face is less busy and more classic, and most importantly this watch has a sapphire crystal. I cannot emphasize how important that can be if you plan to wear this often.

I love the atomic time and the time zone support. It's fantastic to know the watch is always accurate. I live in the suburbs in NC, a long way away from the station in Denver, and it updates most every night. It's not every single night, but it's more than frequent enough to stay accurate (6 nights out of 7).

If I can give you one piece if advice... Stop looking at this one and get the version with the stainless steel bracelet. The band is utter crap. I've never seen a watch where the buckle has sharp edges on the inside, but now I've seen it all. Your options with this band are to wear it so loose that the watch constantly rotates around your wrist, or suffer the sharp edges of the buckle digging into your inner wrist. Those are your options.

Get this watch. It's great. But get the version with the bracelet like I should have.

Update 3JAN15:

I couldn't stand the stock band any longer, so I replaced it. For those of you that are curious, Hadley-Roma makes a blue 24MM silicone strap that fits perfectly, matches and is incredibly comfortable. Amazon sells it for less than $20 and it makes this watch perfect. It baffles me why Citizen would make such a great watch with such an uncomfortable watch/buckle, but it's easily remedied and you end up with a really great watch. The watch does have a 23MM lug width, but the spring bars are curved and a flexible 24MM band fits well and looks great.
1010 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 28, 2014
This watch was almost a five star. Easy to set - yes it is true! The instruction book matches the watch buttons and the buttons do what they are supposed to. Easy to set date, time, day of the week. I have not used the radio control function as I am not 'in range' but I will test this function on a trip to Japan soon. It did work happily in Japan, too.

The markings on the face are high quality and the second hand hits each mark precisely. This is a good sign of quality. The yellow and blue looks good with the highly polished steel case. The band looks a little paler than shown in the photos so it does not look quite as good as it ought (in my opinion) to match the quality of the case and face. Overall though it seemed to be an excellent watch.

Unfortunately in April 2015 the watch started to randomly gain or lose time and even the date. This was completely random and not related to the setting of the watch. It was sent to Citizen in Australia for assessment and repair. Citizen advised today that they are unable to repair the watch. The consultant could not tell me exactly what the watchmaker had said but apparently the necessary parts to repair this watch are unavailable - this may be a problem peculiar to Australia. Anyway, a day later Citizen advised they could fix it after all and I can have it back on Monday....
on March 15, 2017
This is a beautiful watch and my favorite of the 3 citizens I own (others are a JY8035-04E and a Blue Angels Skyhawk with Titanium band). Very easy to set and operate. The Bezel is blue on the face with a thin yellow line tracing around the circumference. The band is stiff at first, but from what I here it softens over time. There is no back light, but the lume on the hands and the hour marks is beautiful, almost a blue green, I haven't seen that before and thought it was unique and striking. I would definitely recommend this watch to anyone, collector or everyday wearer.
on August 13, 2016
Love it. Band didn't fit perfect on my wrist. Had to punch a new hole for proper fitment. Not sure about the long term life of the band. Overall very pleased with this. Had to refer to the instructions a few times to learn how to set it. Also, had to leave in direct sunlight for a few hours to bring it back to life. After that, the battery level hasn't budged with daily wear.
on February 20, 2014
I was drawn to this watch when I saw it online but it looks better in person than it does in the pictures. The blue tone of the dial looks fantastic in the light and the touches of yellow inside the strap and around the bezel really add to the overall look of this watch.

When the watch arrived it was dead but after a couple of hours of sunlight it was working just fine. I did have to reset the watch to the zero positions which was a little tedious but very easy to do if you follow the instructions provided or go to the website for a youtube video that you can follow along with.

Once the watch was set up everything else has been a breeze. The radio control is great and my watch re-syncs itself nightly while I sleep so that it is always keeping perfect time. If you travel frequently you'll love the fact that it is extremely easy to reset the time to virtually any time zone world wide. Just pull out the crown, select the time zone, pop the crown back in and the watch adjusts itself.

Fit and finish is great. This watch is well constructed and has a nice solid feel to it. The water resistance of the watch is sufficient for diving although the band might not enjoy the experience. The band itself is a great compliment to the watch and is very well constructed. It feels good around the wrist and holds it's shape without being too stiff like some other leather bands I've had in the past.

This watch might not appeal to everyone but if you like the color scheme this watch is an absolute steal at $350-450 depending on when you buy. Why not buy a watch that looks great, keeps perfect time, never needs a battery and requires zero maintenance?
on January 6, 2016
Excellent purchase.

The leather strap is the fav. part. I know some reviewers have mentioned that it's cheap leather and all but j honestly don't believe that 100%, I agree it could have been marginally better but by no means it's cheap.

I have owned it for 1 month now and wearing for daily usage, the watch looks gorgeous and functions perfectly accurate. All features are awesome, best part it's Eco drive and radio controlled.

I already own Tissot T Touch but these days this watch is my favourite.

If you like this watch, look no further, pick up eyes closed. It's excellent!
on October 24, 2017
Having previously acquired a few Eco-Drive watches from Citizen, I was expecting this watch to be yet another good price-to-value piece. This watch meets & exceeds ALL my expectations. Movement is crisp and reliable, while the radio-sync has worked perfectly (had to place watch outside for initial sync). The band did not start out supple & soft (as noted by many other reviewiers); however, three days of constant use has found it to be quite comfortable after the initial break-in. Given the price paid, this watch is as ‘eye-turning’ as a number of my Tags/Raymond Weils...but at an absolute fraction of a cost. This watch will likely be my ‘daily’ wear watch moving forward.
on April 28, 2015
This watch is excellent. I have owned more expensive and less expensive watches, but none beat it for accuracy, none beat it for maintenance, and few for style. Never wind it. Never change the battery. It's always accurate to within less than a second. I don't fly, but I do engage in some GPS-timed activities, and never want to be without this watch. Also, the easy time zone change function is very convenient - change time zones without losing any accuracy. Love this watch.
on June 23, 2017
I LOVE this watch. Very stunning, beautiful timepiece. Make sure you read the booklet when you get one and charge it efficiently the first day before you start wearing it.
on March 22, 2013
Wow, what a fantastic watch! This is my first Citizen and is one of the most handsome watches in my collection. It looks great on the wrist and keeps excellent time with the "Eco-Drive" feature. Picked this up for a good deal from Amazon and will probably look to add other Citizen watches to my collection in the near future. Do not hesitate to get this watch.