Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 27, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this watch. It feels good on my wrist, and it looks beautiful. Other reviewers have said it best: The pictures don't do it justice. It looks even better in person than in the photos. I find myself just sitting and looking at it more often than I'd like to admit. Not having to set the time or date again is awesome. The numbers don't glow in the dark as brightly as I would like, but I don't need that very often anyway. The hands and numbers can be seen; they're just a little faint.

Be warned: The watch will not work right out of the box because it's powered by light, and it's been sitting in a closed box for a period of time. I set in direct sunlight for four or five hours, and then I was able to set the time zone and all was good.

Also, the band is pretty big, so you will probably have to take it to a jeweler (I took mine to Kohl's and they sized it for free) to get it sized properly. I have what I consider to be normal-sized wrists, and it fits perfectly (see attached pictures). I could not be happier with my purchase. The only downside is that I didn't buy it sooner.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2017
I have a Luminox Chronograph that I’ve used for five years. It’s still a great watch and water proof to 600 ft. When I read that this Citizens watch had a perpetual calendar that compensated for leap year. It also compensated between 28, 30 and 31 day months plus it’s water proof to 600 ft. It’s power cell is charged by sunlight or artificial light, so what’s not to like about this watch.

I ordered this watch and received it today and it is gorgeous. It was a brand-new watch with all its factory protective plastic on it. The company that supplied the watch, “Savvy” had taken the time to set the watch up for proper operation. All I had to do was set it for the proper time zone I live. I did run through all of the setup details so I had an understanding of how to set it and its functions. I received the watch in the time frame promised as well. While I’ve only had it a day I think I’m going to fall in love with it. This watch can be used for dress or work. It has a sapphire crystal that will take a beating. The crystal on my Luminox has a sapphire crystal and still looks brand new after five years of wear. If you want an analog watch that all you have to do is wear, this watch is it.
review image
on May 16, 2017
Arrived this morning quickly thanks to Prime Shipping. Being a Marine Corps veteran I had the pleasure to see the Blue Angels in action at air shows on several occasions throughout my 15 years of service so the Blue Angels theme seemed nostalgic and classic hence why I selected it. As others have stated the photos do no do justice to this timepiece. The watch was adequately charged and with a couple of adjustments, i.e. time zone, daylight savings time, and a manual sync to atomic time I was up and running in perfect time (pun intended)! This is my third Citizen in my lifetime and all of them have been superb and this one is no exception. My only second thought was maybe I should have spent the extra and went with the Titanium model. To say that I am satisfied with my purchase is an under statement. If you think you will like this watch, you are right!
A great Citizen pilots watch for those who like this type of watch. I like the sapphire crystal and the band is a high quality band with a brushed and polished combination finish. It is easily readable and the radio controlled time keeping is accurate and works all the time. With Eco Drive technology you never have to worry and fuss with batteries which is a very good thing. The watch is not too big and fits my average wrist just fine. Sizing the band was easily done by me and anyone can do this or take it to your jeweler of course..
on September 2, 2014
This is my second Citizen and was replacing one that I lost when it fell out of a bag while on my Harley. I spent about six months trying to decide which model I wanted and I'm very happy with my choice. I work in IT and I'm usually hard on watches because I'm always having my hands inside server racks. I've scratched or broken crystals on just about every watch I've owned. This one has a sapphire crystal, which is the hardest out there and it's one of the reasons I selected this specific version of the Blue Angels line.

While the different functions of the watch, like radio controlled time synchronization, will prove useful in the future, I REALLY like the way the watch looks. It looks really cool and the pictures don't do it justice. The only thing that I don't like about is the watch band. Most of my other watches (Seiko and Citizen) had a fold over clasp to keep it from popping open, but his one doesn't. It hasn't been an issue yet. I'm praying that if it ever does pop open I don't lose the watch.
on May 12, 2014
This watch will not disappoint you. Sapphire crystal, Eco-Drive, Radio Controlled, Chronograph, Perpetual calendar, 200 m water resist... It is a first class watch. The deep blue dial color plus the yellow accented hands(seconds hand and little ones) are a great combination and make the watch really handsome. The back side has the Blue Angels insignia of high quality.

It is not too big, so you do not need to be a giant to wear it. But also, it is not small. I had no trouble fixing the hour or calendar. I read the manual from start to end and for me it is enough to learn all the functions. But also there is a video the can help.

This was not an issue for me, but for big people maybe. The band can be a little short. I removed 1 piece, but usually for other watches (Citizen included) I removed 2. I know you can find some extension parts in jewelries to solve the problem. This is not a serious problem to put down 4 stars.
on November 19, 2017
Would have been 5 stars, but mine clearly had some small indications that it had been previously worn or returned or something. Nothing too bad, but had I given it as a gift I would have been really embarrassed. Otherwise great looking, the solar and radio updates work well, and gets a lot of looks from folks.
on November 24, 2016
I love this watch. Its my favorite one from my collection of about 10 watches. Everyone is asking me about it and when they find out about the Radio Controlled feature they cant belive it. Just perfect for special occasions or casual use.
on August 4, 2017
Nice for business. Once you set it, times zones come to you. No more bleary-eyed struggles on the plane. No forgetting to change the time. No more adding or subtracting hours based on your obstinance in not resetting your watch at each destination.
on February 27, 2017
Excellent watch. I bought this to replace a blue angels watch that I first purchased in 2000 while I was still flying. I had to repair that one several times because it had so many mechanical/electrical functions (that I used) that had a habit of breaking. This one has fewer mechanical/electrical functions, is powered by light (with a battery backup) and gets an updated time/date/year radio pulse daily so it doesn't have to be set manually (unless you want to). Don't fly anymore, but I loved my old Citizen Blue Angels watch, and wanted another one. This one is head and shoulders above the old one. It's a quality watch.