Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 151 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 187 reviews
on October 27, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this watch. It feels good on my wrist, and it looks beautiful. Other reviewers have said it best: The pictures don't do it justice. It looks even better in person than in the photos. I find myself just sitting and looking at it more often than I'd like to admit. Not having to set the time or date again is awesome. The numbers don't glow in the dark as brightly as I would like, but I don't need that very often anyway. The hands and numbers can be seen; they're just a little faint.

Be warned: The watch will not work right out of the box because it's powered by light, and it's been sitting in a closed box for a period of time. I set in direct sunlight for four or five hours, and then I was able to set the time zone and all was good.

Also, the band is pretty big, so you will probably have to take it to a jeweler (I took mine to Kohl's and they sized it for free) to get it sized properly. I have what I consider to be normal-sized wrists, and it fits perfectly (see attached pictures). I could not be happier with my purchase. The only downside is that I didn't buy it sooner.
review image review image review image
on May 14, 2015
Last year I bought my husband the Skyhawk A - T eco drive, and when women started wearing the "boyfriend watch" I looked around but could not find any that I loved. One day I borrowed his own and fell in love. Sadly the watch itself was a little too thick for my tiny wrists. This watch is thinner and lighter than his and fits me beautifully. I love the Citizen brand so it was a no brainer for me. The blue and yellow combination attracted me to it, and I have received so many compliments even though it is obviously a man's watch. The band in my view could have been like the A - T skyhawk, but since it was not intended for me, I guess I ought not complain. Amazon's price was so much lower than my local jewelry store which made the decision so much easier for me. Wish Citizen would take a hint and make something similar for us ladies.
review image review image
on May 16, 2017
Arrived this morning quickly thanks to Prime Shipping. Being a Marine Corps veteran I had the pleasure to see the Blue Angels in action at air shows on several occasions throughout my 15 years of service so the Blue Angels theme seemed nostalgic and classic hence why I selected it. As others have stated the photos do no do justice to this timepiece. The watch was adequately charged and with a couple of adjustments, i.e. time zone, daylight savings time, and a manual sync to atomic time I was up and running in perfect time (pun intended)! This is my third Citizen in my lifetime and all of them have been superb and this one is no exception. My only second thought was maybe I should have spent the extra and went with the Titanium model. To say that I am satisfied with my purchase is an under statement. If you think you will like this watch, you are right!
on March 22, 2017
Excellent watch. It takes time to make the first adjustment but afther that you don't need to touch it anymore. The sync. works well in Madrid, where I live. Also in the south of Spain. Also in other countries in Europe and in USA. You don't need to use it everyday. The charge last very, very much. Just to highlight something that I don't like is that the city names (to adjust time zones) are reallly small.
on March 3, 2017
I absolutely love the watch. I saw the watch at local jewelry stores so I knew what I was getting. It is a very impressive watch and the on line pictures don't do it justice. It started right up out of the box. The battery charge was just below 50% so I put it in sunlight for several hours on two consecutive days and it went to nearly full charge. I placed it overnight near a window with the nine o'clock position of the watch facing toward the signal source in Colorado so it would be updated per the manual. I live in Florida and I wasn't sure how well the signal would be transmitted. It received the signal overnight. After that I just placed it on the nightstand without regard to orientation and it also successfully received the radio signal. So it doesn't seem to be that sensitive to mileage from the signal source. It keeps perfect time. You literally just set it and forget it. The slide rule and conversion factors are neat features. As others have reported the numbers and symbols are very small but I can use it using reading glasses. The stopwatch works well and I'm sure it will come in handy at some point. I like the size. The quality is also impressive. I have only had it for a few weeks so I can't comment on longevity. However my wife has owned a Citizen watch with EcoDrive for many years and it is bulletproof so I expect it to last. The watch arrived from Amazon in two days as promised.
on September 13, 2017
Beautiful looking watch. If you care enough to read watch reviews, you probably already know enough about Citizen. Quality. well-considered brand. If you're like me, a member of the I-really-like-watches-and-will-spend-a-little-money-but-will-never-own-an-omega-or-rolex club, this is a great addition to your collection. Great brand. Eco-drive. Beautiful design. It hits all the marks. I struggled briefly with whether to get this or the leather banded one. The other is attractive too, but worried about how the leather might wear or fade and pictured the inside yellow part getting dirty. I'm sure either is a great watch.

One thing to note. As others have said, it's a darker blue than may appear on the pictures here on Amazon. Still lovely looking, just darker. It doesn't "pop" as much as you might expect from the picture here. Still, the yellow accents on the dark blue looks great. Hope the thoughts here were helpful. Enjoy your watch if you get it!
Enthusiast: Watcheson December 8, 2016
A great Citizen pilots watch for those who like this type of watch. I like the sapphire crystal and the band is a high quality band with a brushed and polished combination finish. It is easily readable and the radio controlled time keeping is accurate and works all the time. With Eco Drive technology you never have to worry and fuss with batteries which is a very good thing. The watch is not too big and fits my average wrist just fine. Sizing the band was easily done by me and anyone can do this or take it to your jeweler of course..
on September 2, 2014
This is my second Citizen and was replacing one that I lost when it fell out of a bag while on my Harley. I spent about six months trying to decide which model I wanted and I'm very happy with my choice. I work in IT and I'm usually hard on watches because I'm always having my hands inside server racks. I've scratched or broken crystals on just about every watch I've owned. This one has a sapphire crystal, which is the hardest out there and it's one of the reasons I selected this specific version of the Blue Angels line.

While the different functions of the watch, like radio controlled time synchronization, will prove useful in the future, I REALLY like the way the watch looks. It looks really cool and the pictures don't do it justice. The only thing that I don't like about is the watch band. Most of my other watches (Seiko and Citizen) had a fold over clasp to keep it from popping open, but his one doesn't. It hasn't been an issue yet. I'm praying that if it ever does pop open I don't lose the watch.
on May 12, 2014
This watch will not disappoint you. Sapphire crystal, Eco-Drive, Radio Controlled, Chronograph, Perpetual calendar, 200 m water resist... It is a first class watch. The deep blue dial color plus the yellow accented hands(seconds hand and little ones) are a great combination and make the watch really handsome. The back side has the Blue Angels insignia of high quality.

It is not too big, so you do not need to be a giant to wear it. But also, it is not small. I had no trouble fixing the hour or calendar. I read the manual from start to end and for me it is enough to learn all the functions. But also there is a video the can help.

This was not an issue for me, but for big people maybe. The band can be a little short. I removed 1 piece, but usually for other watches (Citizen included) I removed 2. I know you can find some extension parts in jewelries to solve the problem. This is not a serious problem to put down 4 stars.
on November 24, 2016
I love this watch. Its my favorite one from my collection of about 10 watches. Everyone is asking me about it and when they find out about the Radio Controlled feature they cant belive it. Just perfect for special occasions or casual use.