Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 27, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this watch. It feels good on my wrist, and it looks beautiful. Other reviewers have said it best: The pictures don't do it justice. It looks even better in person than in the photos. I find myself just sitting and looking at it more often than I'd like to admit. Not having to set the time or date again is awesome. The numbers don't glow in the dark as brightly as I would like, but I don't need that very often anyway. The hands and numbers can be seen; they're just a little faint.

Be warned: The watch will not work right out of the box because it's powered by light, and it's been sitting in a closed box for a period of time. I set in direct sunlight for four or five hours, and then I was able to set the time zone and all was good.

Also, the band is pretty big, so you will probably have to take it to a jeweler (I took mine to Kohl's and they sized it for free) to get it sized properly. I have what I consider to be normal-sized wrists, and it fits perfectly (see attached pictures). I could not be happier with my purchase. The only downside is that I didn't buy it sooner.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 13, 2016
You're going to need to read all the instructions if you want to take advantage of all the features this incredibly attractive watch.

I travel across multiple timezones frequently, and one of the cool features is the radio control feature which will automatically adjust the time as you move from timezone to timezone. I wear a Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller every day, but this is my go-top travel watch.

The dial is full of information, but it remains on the good side of cluttered.

There is a wonderful gold accents around the bezel which is difficult to see in a photo looking directly at the face, and it's a wonderful detail. The pushers and story dial all have a blue accent as well. You can see Citizen paid attention to the detail.

Eco-Drive on this quartz piece is wonderful, and both sunlight as well as indoor lighting provide more than enough reserve power that you won't be wondering if your timepiece is giving you accurate time.

I chose the stainless steel bracelet, and I'd LOVE a chance to review the leather strap that comes as an option. Citizen did a really good job with their bracelet. It's brushed finish is consistent and compliments the polished & brushed case very nicely. There are polished accents on the bracelet that clearly tell me Citizen matched the watch with the bracelet.

The clasp is a butterfly and operates securely and smoothly. One downside is the ability to make only one incremental adjustment on the buckle, and it's 4mm one way. If that doesn't work, you're forced to add or remove a link. The links are NOT screw links, so you'll be making a stop at your jeweler to have the adjustment done properly. The bracelet is very comfortable and quiet.

I have a relatively thin, 7.25" wrist, so take a look at my photo (my watch on my wrist) so you can get a sense how it'll compliment yours.

Overall, I love this watch and would recommend it to any watch enthusiast.
review image
on July 5, 2017
I have a Luminox Chronograph that I’ve used for five years. It’s still a great watch and water proof to 600 ft. When I read that this Citizens watch had a perpetual calendar that compensated for leap year. It also compensated between 28, 30 and 31 day months plus it’s water proof to 600 ft. It’s power cell is charged by sunlight or artificial light, so what’s not to like about this watch.

I ordered this watch and received it today and it is gorgeous. It was a brand-new watch with all its factory protective plastic on it. The company that supplied the watch, “Savvy” had taken the time to set the watch up for proper operation. All I had to do was set it for the proper time zone I live. I did run through all of the setup details so I had an understanding of how to set it and its functions. I received the watch in the time frame promised as well. While I’ve only had it a day I think I’m going to fall in love with it. This watch can be used for dress or work. It has a sapphire crystal that will take a beating. The crystal on my Luminox has a sapphire crystal and still looks brand new after five years of wear. If you want an analog watch that all you have to do is wear, this watch is it.
review image
on May 16, 2017
Arrived this morning quickly thanks to Prime Shipping. Being a Marine Corps veteran I had the pleasure to see the Blue Angels in action at air shows on several occasions throughout my 15 years of service so the Blue Angels theme seemed nostalgic and classic hence why I selected it. As others have stated the photos do no do justice to this timepiece. The watch was adequately charged and with a couple of adjustments, i.e. time zone, daylight savings time, and a manual sync to atomic time I was up and running in perfect time (pun intended)! This is my third Citizen in my lifetime and all of them have been superb and this one is no exception. My only second thought was maybe I should have spent the extra and went with the Titanium model. To say that I am satisfied with my purchase is an under statement. If you think you will like this watch, you are right!
A great Citizen pilots watch for those who like this type of watch. I like the sapphire crystal and the band is a high quality band with a brushed and polished combination finish. It is easily readable and the radio controlled time keeping is accurate and works all the time. With Eco Drive technology you never have to worry and fuss with batteries which is a very good thing. The watch is not too big and fits my average wrist just fine. Sizing the band was easily done by me and anyone can do this or take it to your jeweler of course..
on September 13, 2017
Beautiful looking watch. If you care enough to read watch reviews, you probably already know enough about Citizen. Quality. well-considered brand. If you're like me, a member of the I-really-like-watches-and-will-spend-a-little-money-but-will-never-own-an-omega-or-rolex club, this is a great addition to your collection. Great brand. Eco-drive. Beautiful design. It hits all the marks. I struggled briefly with whether to get this or the leather banded one. The other is attractive too, but worried about how the leather might wear or fade and pictured the inside yellow part getting dirty. I'm sure either is a great watch.

One thing to note. As others have said, it's a darker blue than may appear on the pictures here on Amazon. Still lovely looking, just darker. It doesn't "pop" as much as you might expect from the picture here. Still, the yellow accents on the dark blue looks great. Hope the thoughts here were helpful. Enjoy your watch if you get it!
on September 2, 2014
This is my second Citizen and was replacing one that I lost when it fell out of a bag while on my Harley. I spent about six months trying to decide which model I wanted and I'm very happy with my choice. I work in IT and I'm usually hard on watches because I'm always having my hands inside server racks. I've scratched or broken crystals on just about every watch I've owned. This one has a sapphire crystal, which is the hardest out there and it's one of the reasons I selected this specific version of the Blue Angels line.

While the different functions of the watch, like radio controlled time synchronization, will prove useful in the future, I REALLY like the way the watch looks. It looks really cool and the pictures don't do it justice. The only thing that I don't like about is the watch band. Most of my other watches (Seiko and Citizen) had a fold over clasp to keep it from popping open, but his one doesn't. It hasn't been an issue yet. I'm praying that if it ever does pop open I don't lose the watch.
on January 12, 2018
A very nice, kind of showy time piece that keeps very good accurate time over long periods with the radio sync up. The E6B part of the watch is functional but is not really practical. It's cool and all but as a pilot there's much better options out there. It's a conversation piece more than anything. I really like the steam gauge look of the different sections of the watch. The only thing that's a bit off from a fashion stand point is the yellow ring around the outside of the watch face itself. It certainly pertains to the blue angels theme of the watch but it also makes the watch less flexible in terms of what you can wear it with. But that's a really small issue. The watch over all is awesome!
on May 12, 2014
This watch will not disappoint you. Sapphire crystal, Eco-Drive, Radio Controlled, Chronograph, Perpetual calendar, 200 m water resist... It is a first class watch. The deep blue dial color plus the yellow accented hands(seconds hand and little ones) are a great combination and make the watch really handsome. The back side has the Blue Angels insignia of high quality.

It is not too big, so you do not need to be a giant to wear it. But also, it is not small. I had no trouble fixing the hour or calendar. I read the manual from start to end and for me it is enough to learn all the functions. But also there is a video the can help.

This was not an issue for me, but for big people maybe. The band can be a little short. I removed 1 piece, but usually for other watches (Citizen included) I removed 2. I know you can find some extension parts in jewelries to solve the problem. This is not a serious problem to put down 4 stars.
on November 19, 2017
Would have been 5 stars, but mine clearly had some small indications that it had been previously worn or returned or something. Nothing too bad, but had I given it as a gift I would have been really embarrassed. Otherwise great looking, the solar and radio updates work well, and gets a lot of looks from folks.