Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's AT9016-56H "World Time A-T" Stainless Steel Two-Tone Eco-Drive Watch
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on August 17, 2013
Summary: Release date was Aug 1, 2013. Beautiful eye-catching dual rose gold-tone and fantastic craftsmanship. The orange second hand and orange marking around the face of the watch really pops in a soft flattering way. Great for everyday wear or dress up. You can swim with it. Fun to switch the two different time zones. The watch is 43mm wide but it is actually wider with the crown and buttons sitting on a metal ring extension on the right side of the watch. It looks very masculine with the wider stance. The watch has a sapphire crystal which is fantastic for this price point.
Cons: Could use wider hands for hours and minutes and better lume. It is a shame that the numbers (2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12) are not painted with lume also, could be really brighter than what it is. It is rated water resistant to 200m/6600ft, so I would not mind having a rotating bezel. Since this watch doesn't have a chronometer, the rotating bezel can have a great use as a timer on land also (for work breaks or parking meter). The clasp is beautiful and functions very well with the two push button clasp.
I have this watch for over two weeks and have gone through resetting it twice. You will need the manual for it gets complicated if you pull the crown out, push buttons and start twisting the crown. It is confusing and will give you the wrong time. I also found out that the atomic clock does not synchronize your time. I set it ahead (by accident) 20 minutes. At the 2 am mark when it synchronize with the atomic clock in Denver, it does not move it to the true time. The receiver indicates that I was in range. I live in NY. I also tried multiple manually forcing it to synchronize, but no luck either. The atomic synchronization does not set the time nor the date. I eventually had to reset it manually, thus, the manual. I read that the atomic synchro watch is supposed to self-set its time once it synchronize with the atomic clock. I didn't see it. I reset all of the hands and push for synchronization, nothing happens. No time change, no date change. I had to manually set the clock and date.
The idea is to set it and forget it. Overall, I love the look of the watch. For my taste, the hour and minutes hands will look much better wider. The other watch that caught my eye is the Citizen AT4004-52E which was released in 2011. Between the two, I went with the new model. The power reserve from this new caliber H820 is supposed to last 8 months vs 6 months of the E650.

Overall, I am very happy with the watch. I deducted one star just for the unimpressed atomic synchronization and the overly difficult problems that I have setting up the watch.

10/4/13 2 months follow up. The instruction says to leave the watch by a window to synchronize with the atomic clock. Unless, your window faces Colorado where the atomic clock is, you won't get a signal. I live in NY. The watch did synchronize atomically when I left it overnight on deck. I haven't left it outside for a month and the watch is one second ahead. I downloaded an app (Seconds Clock Widget on Android) to displays the seconds on my smartphone. There are numerous widgets for all platforms.

Overall, I still appreciate the watch beauty. It still looks and feels like a more expensive timepiece.
on September 16, 2014
I am a watch buyer. I have more watches than good sense. I like this watch but I find it difficult often to tell the time day or night and at night it is worthless. I have another Citizen Eco Drive watch that is easy to read and will light up bright with the help of a strong flashlight. This other watch is better in every regard but the AT9016-56H is cool. I have great difficulty much of the say in telling the time because the minute hand is so small. Still love the watch but wish I had noticed how difficult reading the watch can be.
Allow an example: I was on a road trip. The sun made it often impossible to read the digital clock in my car. At the same time, I could not find the hands on my Citizen watch. I have more than one Citizen watch which telling time is no problem. Wish I had purchased differently. If you do not have my problem, this watch is very cool.
on January 7, 2014
all other reviews are spot on! this is a great watch, one thing that I was concerned about was the watch face dial color, from the Amazon picture it looks blueish / grayish and when you look for the model on the internet you will see other colors such as black, well the thruth is since this is an eco drive the dial is semi-translucent but not noticeable to the naked eye this leads to the different color appearances in the pictures, from my perspective the dial is a dark grey that can easily be mistaken for some shade of brown or black.

Regarding setting up the watch save yourself some time and go out to the citizen website and look for the watch they have videos on how to set them up completely.

My watch had to be reset to the 0 position to work adequately I encourage you reset yours from the start to the 0 position detailed on the watch's documentation as well as the previously mentioned videos.

The watch needs sizing and you can get quick tools from Amazon as well do to that no big deal.
on February 15, 2014
Researched a lot on Citizen's collection of A-T Eco-Drive watches, and decided on this for my man, and he loved it!

Beautiful watch. I liked the photo, but when received the actual product, I found the contrast of the dark dial face, and the dual tone watch band, really made the watch striking and sophisticated looking. It's well-made and solid, albeit a little on the heavy side.

I managed to set up the watch myself, with the help of the Citizen's YouTube video. Amazon won't let me post the link for you here, but you can just copy and past the model number of the watch and search it on YouTube. Took a little time and patience, but after it's all set up, there's no need to do it again (unless you let it completely run out of battery.)

The switch from one pre-set city to another is easy, and so is the swap between the main time and the secondary time. I'm certain it will come super handy when he travels with it. Just not having to deal with adjusting the date and day of the month, ever, is worth the price.

As for nightly radio signal syncing, it worked in the northeast facing part of the house, and in the southern end, it's been hit and miss (we're in Los Angeles, CA, so I guess that makes sense, considering the radio signal is coming from Denver, CO). But to be fair, the instruction manual said to place the watch right next to the window, on the windowsill, and he hasn't bothered to do so (and we have wooden shutters). He's not too troubled by it, since what's important to him is the easy time change function, than the exact precision of time (the manual said that without syncing the watch may have + or - of 15 sec per day).

FYI, a little off topic, but I currently own a Citizen's Eco-Drive ladies watch, that has similar watch band. I have to say I am impressed that after about a year or more of daily wear and accidentally bangings, the watch still looks as new. Not a scratch on the band, no discoloration, and no sign of scratch on the glass. Kudos to Citizen!
on June 15, 2015
I like analog watches. This watch is thick. This watch is heavy. This watch is manly. It looks great, strapped to my arm, hanging out of the car window on a sunny day. The gold details do not make this watch look delicate or fussy—it is still robust. Here in the Portland, Oregon area, it picks up the radio signal about 4 nights out of 5. It is more accurate than anyone but a scientist or a soldier has a need for. I wear it in swimming pools and don't worry d/t the 200 meter rating. That's more than twice the pressure in my Michelin road bike tires (116psi). If it leaks, I would rather know sooner than later but I have not had any problems. I bought this for myself last christmas and it still makes me happy to look at it. I told my wife and son it was from them to me, wrapped it and tagged it, then put it under the tree. I knew just what I wanted and would have been sad if they got me the wrong thing. If you get this one for your boyfriend or husband, I bet he likes it.
review image
on December 2, 2014
This is my fifth Citizen watch, as I now have four atomic timekeeping Citizen watches. I can specifically state that is watch is the most striking one. It matches with everything I wear. It is big, bold, beautiful, and masculine. You will never go wrong with purchasing a Citizen atomic watch!
on August 5, 2016
Great looking watch, love the functionality and features. I am a big Rado fan but wanted something that looked great and I did not need to worry so much about and Citizen has been my go to for that. Not a 5 star only because the band is not as solid/heavy as I like.
on June 7, 2015
Love Love Love this watch, Love Love Citizen Eco-Drive watches. It changes time zones on it's on, perfectly accurate and so stylish. I don't have to worry about changing the time, I don't have to worry about changing batteries. And yes, I am female flossing this watch...
on March 15, 2014
I have been a fan of the Citizen Eco-Drive watches since I got my first one a few years ago. I now own a couple of Radio-Controlled Atomic Watches that allow me to switch between multiple time zones easily. I will likely buy more.
on September 14, 2014
I am extremely pleased with my new Citizen echo drive watch that keeps perfect time in sync with the atomic clock in Fort Collins, Colorado. Not only is it a very attractive time peace, it is also an amazing work of technology. And it was really very affordable if purchased through Amazon.