Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 267 reviews
on November 9, 2014
Awesome dive watch for the money, I converted stock band with aftermarket Citizilla lug adaptors and a 7 row brushed stainless band that matches case perfectly. I have many watches but I can't seem to wear anything else right now it's my favorite. Highly recommend for those who like a big heavy dive watch.
review image
33 comments| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2012
Yeah it's a little big, but it fits great. I haven't taken it off since it arrived. After the first day or two you don't even realize you have it on. The strap is different, but it keeps the watch secure and doesn't allow it to flip around on your wrist. It's super accurate (so far) and the second hand lines up with the markers... which is very important on a quartz watch.
This one is definitely a keeper!

UPDATE:
I've been wearing this watch almost 24-7 since the day I got it. Last night I took it off and noticed that the metal band keeper, was wearing a hole in my wrist. Looks like I'm going to have to find a different band for it :(

UPDATE II:
I was wearing the watch 24-7.. or, I was wearing it while sleeping. I stopped doing that, and the metal keeper stopped wearing a hole in my wrist... fair trade if you ask me! LOL. : )
on February 8, 2013
First...yes, it's big. And heavy. But then, that's why you get a watch like this. If you're not sure about the size of it, then it's probably not for you. The case itself isn't too bad at 48mm, but at 18mm deep, it really stands off your wrist.

The 'Tuna Can' does one thing, and one thing well...it tells the time. No issues with time keeping yet...but would expect +/- a few seconds a year. Ok, it also tells the date, and elapsed time for diving, but, this is not a 'gadget watch'.

It looks fantastic. No picture i've seen of it does it justice. This watch looks good! The black band, the lume, the over-sized hands...it has that "serious watch" look.

The Citizen name plus the Eco-drive make this watch worth the price. Throw in the 300m depth, and the giant size of it, and it's just a great watch.

Definitely the biggest watch I've ever owned, but this "tank on my wrist" will likely be with me for many, many, many years to come.

If you're a dive watch fan, or a BIG watch fan, you need this watch.
on November 22, 2011
This is a great watch. The only issue I have had is that the seconds hand did not line up perfectly with the tick marks. At first I was going to send it back but I decided to let the movement settle out. It took about a week or so but now the watch ticks perfectly! I will now list the pro/cons of the watch below.

Pro:
Easily read dial
Very good build and quality. Looks like its made out of one piece of steel.
Solar powered means no battery changes!
Lume on the watch is very bright.

Con:
To some it is heavy but I got used to it.
It is very large meaning that sometimes I smack it into a door way or wall. Once you realize its on your wrist you will naturally compensate and this rarely happens now.
The band looks and feels a bit cheap but works fine. We will see how long it lasts.

All in all its a great watch if you like the style. Only major downside is its size; doesnt go well with a dress shirt (wont fit under cuff). For the price you cant go wrong!
on July 12, 2013
Got the watch today, i must say it's very very nice piece. I have an Omega Seamaster and a Seiko Dive watch, and this watch feels and looks like built like a tank compare to those two. I LOVE IT!

Cons:

This is more from the seller than the watch itself. I have everything included in the package "per say", though i am missing the face and back clear vinyl protector like new watches should come with, although, i've bought watches in Asia that IS and WAS don't come with any ( not sure why that is ). The Warranty and Manual should be inside the box or the least either be on top or side of the box but both was not. The tag that hangs is also doesn't appear to be genuine. The case back not properly lined up is normal. I am most certainly sure the watch is not fake, i have a few in my collection with a Rolex as the top brand. With that being said, i don't have the proper knowledge to evaluate that this watch is indeed real. For the watch itself i give it a 5 star and recommend to other people to buy it. Sadly, i'll take the half star (no option so i am sticking with 5) away because of the things i stated above.
on May 28, 2016
Love the watch. To be quite honest, it's my favorite of the dozen watches I own.
The good: This is definitely a masculine watch, large, heavy, rugged and looks the part. I have not tested it in water yet, but the construction alone leave me with no doubt that it will function perfectly for the purpose it was designed. I have received several compliments on it so its attractiveness goes beyond just my subjective opinion.
The Bad: It is large, heavy and rugged (smile) I have been wearing this watch to work and unlike all of the other watches I wear, I know this one is on my wrist; again, it is large, sits high on the wrist and, if you are not careful, it will hit everything you walk by. The date on the watch is virtually useless, WAY to small to see without a magnifying glass. The rubber band although strong and attractive, is uncomfortable and unforgiving. It is either too tight or too loose and in either case, it seems to pinch and squeeze uncomfortably. During the day I find myself adjusting, twisting, squeezing, trying to find a comfortable fit. At the end of the day taking it off is akin to taking off a pair of ill fitting shoes (what a relief!!) I will be seeking out other band options after my bank account has recovered.
Despite my complaints, the watch is still an attractive buy but it is not a watch for wearing everyday around the office. I bought it for diving and to replace an aqua-land I had many moons ago, so I am quite happy with the purchase and would still recommend because I believe this thing will out live me.
on January 21, 2017
Gift to my boyfriend and he loves it! Good quality. Looks great! Product as described. He wears it every day and it has held up fine for a year! (as one would hope) The face did get scratched by a dog :( But I guess that's not very preventable or the company's fault.
on May 30, 2012
The BJ8050-08E is an exceptionally sturdy, well built, solid diving watch. I read several comments before buying the watch regarding it's size and weight. I'm a fairly regular sized guy at 6'1", 210 lbs. , This watch is not oddly large on my wrist whatsoever. It's larger than average to be certain but it's a perfect fit for me. I don't understand the "it's too heavy" comments. For sure it's a heavy, sturdy, man sized watch but the weight is not an issue. The illumination at night is great, easy to read and very clear. The strap is comfortable and I've gotten more than a few "hey that's a cool watch" comments. That's not why I got it, I was simply looking for a rugged casual watch that will last and that can survive a few dives now and then. This is my second Citizen watch, it's an exceptionally good value brand, great functionality and durability at reasonable prices.
on May 11, 2017
Everything about this watch is excellent would highly recommend.
on February 7, 2013
This is an awesome watch. Delivery was only 3-days (thanks Amazon) and product was as advertised.
If you like big watches this is the one. It wears well (avg size wrist) and fits under dress shirt sleeve.
I was worried about the band but it is well designed, I really like the SS buckle and SS strap loop.
I have Seiko dive watches (automatic) but this is my first Eco-Drive but I was happy to see it was running right out of the box.
I have had it for two weeks now and time keeping is spot on. Can't wait to go snorkeling