Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's BL5370-51L Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar Chronograph Sport Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on March 22, 2009
I recently bought this watch for about 1/2 of the retail price, but I think that I would have gladly paid more. It does everything that I need it to do and it does it all well.

-The eco-drive is a must have simply for the savings in time and money that you get from never having to replace the batteries.

-The perpetual calendar is amazing and extremely useful. I personally detest having to reset watches once a month to have the correct date. With this watch I will never need to reset it once it is set properly. It knows which months are longer and shorter and accounts for those changes automatically.

-The chronograph is not bad. I am still playing with it, but for a watch of this price point it is nice to have an accurate and easily accessible chronograph/timer. It isn't something that I expect to use often, but it is nice to have when and if I ever need it.

-The overall appearance of this watch is very masculine and it has quite a heft to it.
It is much larger and much much heavier than my other Citizen watch, the Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calendar Watch #BL8000-54L. I do like the larger case as it makes it look more like a man's sport watch versus a more sophisticated work-type watch of the 8700. It is very easy to read with a large face that isn't cluttered too much by unnecessary dials and markings. This watch is quite heavy as I stated, and it will take some getting used to on the wrist, but I think well worth it for its looks.

Overall I would recommend this watch if you are looking to spend some money but not to break the bank. It has many useful features and its overall look is quite nice, especially for the price. I was able to find a better deal by looking around at department stores of all places, but if you can get this $500 watch for $300 or so, I would consider that an excellent deal.
on September 24, 2009
I just got it 3 days ago and it is the best watch I have ever had. I love the perpetual calendar. I bought it because I was sick of paying to have the battery replaced and then paying a lot of extra money to have it resealed so it would continue to be water resistant. When I first got it I didn't realize that I had to let it charge in the sun for a significant amount of time. I tried to charge it with in door light and it was 2 days and it wasn't charged yet. I put it in the sun for an hour and it started working. Great watch!
on January 23, 2014
I wanted a watch with analog display, swimmable water resistance, lumed hands & markers, one-way rotating bezel, stainless steel case & bracelet & bezel, blue dial, day, date, perpetual calendar, chronograph, 24-hour alarm, and rechargeable energy (soar/kinetic/automatic). And although I never before considered paying over $150 for a watch, I was willing to go up to $500. This was the only model of any brand I could find that had everything I wanted.

Now I've had it for a few years, and still haven't found any other model I would rather have. However, it does have 4 characteristics I wish were different:

1. I wish the crown didn't touch my arm. Enough regular movement can cause it to turn, which changes the mode, which changes the position of the hands, which confuses and delays me when I expect to see the time of day and am unwittingly shown something else instead.

2. I wish the dial was bigger. The watch is big, but if you take away the big case, the big outer bezel, and the big angled inner bezel, the dial that remains is pretty small. It seems like a wasted opportunity.

3. I wish it was lighter. All that metal used to pad out the small dial with a big angled inner bezel and big case makes it wicked heavy but serves no useful purpose. They could have at least drilled it out or something.

4. I wish the 3 subdials didn't each have a completely different style. It is too much pointless decoration, too little practicality and understatment. I prefer a more military aesthetic.

But again, even with everything I don't want, I would buy it again because it is still the only model with everything I *do* want.